News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Bluu in da Phaes (updated 18 July 2009)  (Read 12501 times)

Offline Mithrarias

• Windrider of Gaia
    • Universo Asur
  • Armies: Eldar, Blood Angels
Re: Bluu in da Phaes (updated 18 July 2009)
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2009, 09:38:29 AM »
Mate, that's amazing!!! That really is an ork warboss riding a tracked snow bike. Love the conversion. If I ever collect an ork army, I think I will steel some of your ideas, as this army is becoming superb. Good job. Congratulions.
¡¡¡Ú-dano i faelas a hyn, an uben tanatha le faelas!!! (Show them no mercy for you shall receive none!)

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
Re: Bluu in da Phaes (updated 18 July 2009)
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2009, 11:04:34 AM »
Hey, I assembled the first 1K for battle (well they are built, primed, and flocked ~ so their almost table top legal)... time to get some experience with the actual figures (instead of old dudes as proxies).

Here is what they looked like:

Bluu in da Phaes @ 1K
HQ
(135) Warboss – 1: On warbike wit Cybork Body, Stikkbombz, Slugga, and P-Klaw.

EL that become TR
(553) Knobs – 8: All have Bikes, Cybork bodies and Stikkbombs.
- Painboy wit his kit
- Waagh Banna Bum wit bare hands
- Klaw wit Slugga and da Boss pole
- Klaw wit Combi-Scorcha
- Klaw wit Slugga
- Big Choppa wit Combi-Scorcha
- Choppa wit Combi-Scorcha
- Choppa wit Slugga

TR
(152) Boyz – 12: One Knob wit P-Klaw and da Boss Pole… Trukk wit Red Paint (and a Big Shoota).

(157) Boyz – 12: Shoota's all around, One Knob wit P-Klaw and da Boss Pole, 1 Big Shoota... Trukk wit Red Paint (and a Big Shoota).

997pts, 3 SU’s, 6 KP’s and 35 Figures

Mini report, BIDP vs Necrons (Pitched Battle, 2 objectives, 4x6)

Necrons
(200) Lord with RO and VOD
(140) 5 Immortals
(180) 10 Warriors
(180) 10 Warriors
(60) 5 Scarabs
(235) Monolith

995pts, 2 SU`s, 6 KP`s, PO = 6/26 with 32 figures.
     Now the battle went well enough as I face the Necrons and simply went for phase out (anyone using a Monolith at 1K really needs to consider his choices better, or have some seriously developed tactics). I actually spllit my force into 3 sections (Boss and Knobs, Trukk Slugga's, and Trukk Shoota's). I had the Trukk shoota's hang close to my objective and shoot what they could reach, (popped a few scarabs and scored)... The Trukk Slugga's drove like crazied Orks to get into it with some Necron Warriors (I killed a few but actually lost the squad on his return round as the Monolith sucked them outta CC and re-rolled their WBB's prior to rapid firing my Slugga's)... The Boss and Knobs finished off the scarabs with their dakka, then took a lot of his firepower in his round (Warriors, Immortals and Lord), they then ripped through a squad of Immortals and a Warrior Squad (Lord attached) on my next round.. and finished up by taking care of the remaining Warriors to phase him out on the start of turn 5 (and would have scored his objective as well)... The Monolith did help him with re-rolled WBB and pulling Warriros out of CC (once)... but in reality it dropped a Trukk, returned some Warriors, and helped me to phase him out faster. In my opponents defence.. he did the right thing to VOD the Warriors and up the number of shots into the Knob-Squad.. but the Orks were too tough on that day, and it made for an easier multi-assault on my return.

My 1750 varient has done rather well on Vassal, so I am looking forward to playing actual bigger games, and the 2.5 list does look like fun too.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome, and thanks so far for all the kind words.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 11:12:13 AM by moc065 »
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering