News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Asdrubael Vect box contents  (Read 4011 times)

Offline Pinn

• About 10,000 pts of Dark Eldar
Asdrubael Vect box contents
« on: March 29, 2009, 04:58:14 AM »
I was wondering what exactly is in the box. I know the obvious things (Asdrubael + Ravager), but how many incubi/slaves/etc? Also, if someone could provide detailed pictures of assembled or unassembled pictures of the contents, that would be great. Is the Asdrubael model one whole piece, or is it like a plastic Dark Eldar warrior (body/head/legs apart)?

The reason I'm asking is because I see a lot of unique things on the display picture that GW provides, and I'd like to incorporate that stuff into my regular army. Then I could use the ravager itself as a regular ravager.

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
  • I'm only here for the beer!
Re: Asdrubael Vect box contents
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 06:25:42 AM »
You don't get a standard Ravager.  The side plates are not in the kit, the 2 side weapons mount under the throne platform.  As far as the contents go, you get 1 DL, 2 Disintegrators, 2 slave girls and 4 cloaked Incubi.  The Vect model is several pieces, upper/lower torso and arms. 
Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary.  You know you will probably not like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Offline Pinn

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 10:50:30 AM »
Cool, thanks a lot. So I guess his head comes attached on the torso. I knew it wasn't the standard ravager, but I could just convert it a bit and I'm sure it'd be legal. If I absolutely need the side plates, I can just buy the bits for a few dollars.

Offline IncubiLord

• Archon
  • Self-Proclaimed Incubi Master of the CoA
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 04:06:41 PM »
There's only 2 Incubi in Vect's box, Ollieb...

Vect's head, torso, and left arm are one piece, and they do not mesh well with Warrior legs without some conversion work (I considered doing that). His right arm (with pistol) is about the only part you could easily put into your normal DE.
His legs are molded to fit his throne, which comes in several parts.

There's a standard Raider in the Vect kit with a lot of extra metal bits. While it doesn't build a normal Ravager, you're only short a couple of armor-plate-looking bits for the sides to make one.

There are, as stated, two slave-girls.

Just blame IncubiLord - Kwi

Offline Wicky

• Grotesque
  • You don't play Dark Eldar, they play you.
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 06:39:24 PM »
The reason I'm asking is because I see a lot of unique things on the display picture that GW provides, and I'd like to incorporate that stuff into my regular army. Then I could use the ravager itself as a regular ravager.

Using the Ravager or Vect as a downgraded Raider and having the bits left over is a favourite ploy of mine.

If I want a Raider I always try to spend the extra dollars on buying a Ravager/Vect and then have more Incubi, Dark Lance Warriors, disintergrators, slave girl objective markers for free, and even the side armour makes for great ā€˜Vā€™ shaped Dark Eldar barricades as scenery on the table.

Cheers.

Offline xzandrate

• Fear of the Dark Kin
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 11:19:35 PM »
I actually consider it more a Raider with the Vect parts because of the way the Dissies are.  One of the ones I have I build with the intent of actually swapping between a Raider and the Vect Dais, so I magnetized the Daise, and added a bit of sprue build into a trophy rack type look.

You can see the look of the raider here and a shot of the trophy rack pice off the raider here.

As has already been said, the extra bits work great for objective markers, also for Apocalypse Assets.  I've used an extra throne portion a friend gave me to work as a Supreme Headquarters in previous games.  It's amazing how deadly sniper squads get when they are fearless with acute vision and tank hunters.

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 02:01:20 AM »
Only 2 Incubi?  I guess I picked up some extras along the way.  But then I built my Vect model years ago and only used it once in V3.  Poor thing is sitting in my case covered in dust. 
Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary.  You know you will probably not like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Offline Pinn

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 10:48:14 AM »
Sell it to me. :D

Offline Crazy Elf Lady

• ANGRY KOREA WOMAN
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 12:19:52 PM »
The cloaked incubi models are actually really nice.  I might have to grab one of those sets to get them to use separately.  So a few Incubi + a ravager is probably a good deal, and the rest of the bits would probably be put to good use.
No!  You don't just *eat* the world's biggest turnip!
Um, so do you make a wish on it?

Offline IncubiLord

• Archon
  • Self-Proclaimed Incubi Master of the CoA
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 12:31:29 AM »
I don't know if the Vect-Ravager is worth the cost new these days.
Sixty bucks for Vect? When did that happen?

Of course, as somebody who owns 12 of those cloaked Incubi (and not from Bitz-ordering or used items), I don't have much room to talk - but I got my Vects on sale when stores cleared their shelves of DE...

Just blame IncubiLord - Kwi

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 01:34:18 AM »
So a few Incubi + a ravager is probably a good deal, and the rest of the bits would probably be put to good use.

Problem is you have to leave the Dias on to use it as a Ravager.  The kit does not come with the side plates and the 2 Disintegrators mount to it. 

Offline Pinn

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 06:39:41 PM »
I don't know if the Vect-Ravager is worth the cost new these days.
Sixty bucks for Vect? When did that happen?
People still pay GW prices for stuff? The only thing I buy at GW is individual paint if I happen to need a certain color. You can get the Vect box for about $30 or $35 if you're patient.