News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Big Gunz battery Vs tankbustas  (Read 961 times)

Offline 13skaveninabox

• She's Purty.....
Big Gunz battery Vs tankbustas
« on: July 16, 2004, 06:28:53 PM »
I was wonderin what people thought about these 2 units, which one has better tank killing ability, is funner to play with and is overall more worth its points...tanks bustas or big gunz

a 10 man tank busta squad with 3 rokkits and a nob with eavy armour rokkit launcher is just as much as a big gunz battery with 15 crew aa mek with meks tools (3 oilers) and a slaver with a squig hound, I was wondering what people think of these 2 units and overall what you believe is a better deal for the pts, there around the 150 pts area....
Lighting strikes As*holes first...

Offline The Behemoth

• Blacker than thou
Re: Big Gunz battery Vs tankbustas
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 06:10:35 PM »
I would choose the tankbustas, and equip your nob with a big shoota, combined with the +1 effect you are now able to penetrate rhinos and the like. And youve got 3 shots to hit at bs 2, so one in every 3 shots will hit home, whereas with a rokkitlauncha your nob would have to shoot 3 turns for one hit( s8 +1 vs s5+1 nonetheless, but numbers DO count!) I would always go for the tankbustas,

cheers
Mighiest self!
cast out ov Thy Elisium
with blood ov nazarene
I write the history ov man
2000 years is nothing
though it has been enough
come forth victorious
muting the foul angelic choirs

Offline Frgsinwntr

• Sisters burn
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 02:04:15 AM »
it all depends on play style.  I prefer to use Both!
Chain swords are awesome.  The only way would be cooler is if they had tits and were on fire.

Offline Arguleon Veq

• Always one more try, I’m not afraid to die.
    • Warp-Gate
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2004, 03:58:35 PM »
Well to answer your fisrt question the tankbustas have far better tank killing ability as they have portable lascannons essentially, at least 1 should hit a turn and they can bring tanks down in combat. But i also like to take a 3 cannon battery with a mek(with grots,tools,and force field to keep my nearby looted russ safe) ,max grots, and a slaver with three hounds and a rokkit launcha. I find this squad is versatile as it can take down both hordes and vehicles(good against hordes as you dont have to roll to hit) and can last ages with the mek who also provides support in the form of the force field to my russ.