News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Open to criticism 1500pts Death Skullz  (Read 735 times)

Offline 13skaveninabox

• She's Purty.....
Open to criticism 1500pts Death Skullz
« on: July 9, 2004, 07:22:23 PM »
Hey all, I'm getting back into orks after about a 2 year break, I used to play KoS but with the new rules changes and the fact my paint jobs aren't great i'm stripping them and starting them a new as a foot slogging death skullz mob.  the theme I'm going for is an army that just recently looted a cadian guard force, my cadian guard force infact... the cadian army has lots of sentinels, chimeras and a hellhound.  so i was thinking the looted vehicle would be one of those and for the sentinels I would convert 3 to be killa kans, any suggestions on how to make them look more cadian would be appreciated.....

Here's the list I'm thinkin of, it's open to any criticism and opinions, I'm still tinkering with it so any comment is a good comment.

HQ
Warboss
- mega armour, megaboosta, big horns, lucky tatoos

Elite
Ard Boyz (15)
- Nob, choppa, shoota/skorcha
- 2 burnas

Troops
Slugga Boyz (25)
- Nob, power claw, eavy armour, slugga
- 3 Big shootas

Slugga Boyz (25)
- Nob, rokkit laucha, eavy armour, choppa
- 3 Rokkit Launchas

Grots (30)
- slaver, squid hound

Lootas (9)
- autocannon, grenade laucher

Lootas (9)
- Missle laucher, plasma gun (Beacuse it's funny, his chances of over heat are as good as his chances to hit when Rapid Firing in 4th ed)

Fast Attack
Warbuggy (1)
- TL rokkit launcha

Heavy Support

3 Killa Kans
- 2 big shoota, 1 skorcha

Looted Hell Hound
- grot riggers

Some things in the list may seem odd like the loota mobs, I really just added them for fluff, even though they have the heavy weapons chances are I'm gonna advance with them, and the lone warbuggy is there because I like the idea and i'd like to convert one up...

Any comments about the list or ideas for fluff are what i'm lookin for.....basically anything

thanks in advance

Lighting strikes As*holes first...

Offline Vincedis

• Lazerous Penguin
  • The eye of God, or the eye of terror?
Re: Open to criticism 1500pts Death Skullz
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 06:00:28 PM »
i think grots take a hit in 4th edition... some of the special abilities get nerfed so you might want to make sure that they are going to do what you want them to do before you commit to them.

i've never been a big fan of the mega armor but thats just me.

burnas burnas burnas burnas :-)
try to fit in a couple more if you can't get a burna boyz squad... the templates work wonders against nids and the power weps in CC are great for HQ's and terminators and such.

frogs guide that is a sticky topic is also a great place to get ideas :-) good luck
would you like to be, err... SEE my trophy rack?

'ard boyz tournament rules http://us.games-workshop.com/news/events/other_events/ardboys/default.htm

Dark Eldar Harly
http://www.agisn.de/html/dark_harlequins.html

bell of lost souls fan site http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/

Offline The Behemoth

• Blacker than thou
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 06:16:27 PM »
why should you take ard boyz over skarboyz? with the burna being much more dangerous in the hands of a heavily muscled bodybuilder than in the hands of a walking trashcan. Imho the 4+save for ardboyz is much worse than the added +1 s for the skarboyz.

cheers
Mighiest self!
cast out ov Thy Elisium
with blood ov nazarene
I write the history ov man
2000 years is nothing
though it has been enough
come forth victorious
muting the foul angelic choirs

Offline Frgsinwntr

• Sisters burn
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 02:07:56 AM »
i am also a bigger fan of the skar boys, although most my lists don't have elite units  :P
Chain swords are awesome.  The only way would be cooler is if they had tits and were on fire.