News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1750 points of Khrone/ Nurgle trying to keep it fluffy  (Read 304 times)

Offline insane0018

• Jack's Painting
1750 points of Khrone/ Nurgle trying to keep it fluffy
« on: December 22, 2007, 08:24:31 AM »
Like the subject line said 1750 pts of Khorne and Nurgle. The main goal of this list is to scare the crap out of my opponent and to distract him while the brexerkers march up the field. In theroy i am trying to give him big scary stuff to shoot at... that is not brezerkers.
HQ Chaos Lord
   Mark of Khorne
   Daemonweapon
   Jump Pack
   Sub Total 160
Elites
Chosen x 8 1
   Icon 'o Nurgle
   5 Plasmaguns
   Sub Total
Troops

Khrone Brezerkers x 10
   Skull Champion
   Power Fist
Rhino

Khrone Brezerkers x 10
   Skull Champion
   Power Fist
Rhino

Khrone Brezerkers x 10
   Skull Champion
   Power Fist
Rhin
    Sub Total 840

Fast Attack
Bikers x 8
   Icon 'o Khorne
   Aspiring Champion
   Power Fist-
     Sub Total 324
Heavy Support
Predator x 1
   Twinlinked Lascannon
     Subtotal 105
TOTAL 1763

*EDIT* made changes to the list added a HS choice Is it worth it to have 1 pred with nothin but las cannons and another one with autocannons and Hbolters?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 02:37:25 PM by insane0018 »

Offline tzeentchling

• Infinity Circuit
  • Cthulhu for Pres! Why vote for the lesser evil?
Re: 1750 points of Khrone/ Nurgle trying to keep it fluffy
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 01:59:02 PM »
First of all, the Lord doesn't need a plasma pistol.  He's likely enough to kill himself from the sword, no need risking him with something else too. 

I like what you're trying to do, and there's a good reason for it, but the problem is that your distractions really aren't very effective.  All the anti-tank firepower in your opponent's army will go into your Rhinos, and the anti-infantry will go into the Chosen (who are mostly unsupported) and the Bikes.  Quite frankly, they're not high-priority enough targets for me in general.  7 overpriced bikes, 7 chosen - not worried too much if they hit my lines.  I'd rather deal with them than with 30 Berzerkers!

I would consider dropping the Chosen who you've made far too expensive, and taking a pair of Predators, Vindicators, Defilers, or Obliterators, or some combination thereof.  That way, everything in the army moves 12", and there's a good amount of armored vehicles.  In the same vein, I'd consider dropping the pp on the Champions (really the worst place they could be, if it overheats you lose a 66 point model!) and getting extra armor on the Rhinos (which are 5 points more than you have listed), it keeps them mobile.  The Icon of Nurgle is a nice Icon, and functions well on already tough Bikers, but it's also expensive as heck, especially for a suicide squad that'll be rushing at the opponent to tie up firebases.
"Every intelligent person, as you know, dreams of being a gangster and of ruling over society by force alone" - Albert Camus

My eldar record in 5th Edition: 3W-1D-1L (12/6/08)

Tactical Guide to CSM: http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=148628.0

Offline insane0018

• Jack's Painting
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 11:42:11 PM »
i usually infiltrate the chosen, start them 6 inches in cover so they are out of los if i dont get first turn.

Offline YuenglingDragon

• Lazerous Penguin
  • I'm a beer dragon!
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 12:04:49 PM »
Goodness gracious those Chosen are toting a lot of Plasma!  It's an interesting squad but if someone gets the drop on them or drops a Leman Russ pie plate on them you're going to be very sorry.

Plasma pistols on Champions is just asking for it.  Suicide should be done by the cheapest model possible.

You don't have a lot of reliable anti-tank.  Tzeentchling may have a good idea with the Predator thing.
Proposition beslubber wins by a landslide!  I'm the 2008 Space Marine poster of the year.

Don't listen to the drunk dragon...