News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000pt list (new to tau-1st list)  (Read 548 times)

Offline panzer06

• I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
1000pt list (new to tau-1st list)
« on: July 11, 2005, 07:27:02 PM »
I'm starting a 1000 pt tau army.  This is the list i currently have planned, it has room for about 80 pts still.  I'd really appreciate some critiques and suggestions.  Thx.

HQ

Ethereal

Troops

8 Firewarriors, one is a Shas'ui with a markerlight and a Hard-wired target lock

8 Firewarriors, one is a Shas'ui with a markerlight and a Hard-wired target lock

Elites

Crisis with Plasma rifle and missile pod, multi tracker, and hard-wired drone controller with 2 gun drones

Crisis with Plasma rifle and missile pod, multi tracker, and hard-wired drone controller with 2 gun drones

Fast attack

8 pathfinders, 2 rail rifles
     -devilfish with 4 seeker missiles

Heavy support

Hammerhead with railgun, two burst cannons, 4 seeker missiles, and multi tracker

Offline Rick

• meh
    • some of my mini's
Re: 1000pt list (new to tau-1st list)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 08:36:56 PM »
My first thoughts on reading that list are:

i) pathfinders may be a little expensive in a 1000 pt army.

ii) You only have 35 models!  Don’t be a koot hater

iii) Also a unit of gun drones wouldn’t go amiss either.

Offline Lanfeix

Re: 1000pt list (new to tau-1st list)
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 10:45:30 PM »
agree with Rick

Also you spent to much on the suits dont go by the hard wire drones they only get you instant killed by a plasma gun.

Decoy launcher on the vechial's

I think you have gone markerlight extreme it dosnt help (it is realy ineffeintive most times)

Dont buy shasui for FW you want them it has no point if you have an ethereal. Buy 2 fire warrior for that price

If YOU want to take part in the 40konline Tournament then just click on this banner