News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 500pt Bloodbound List  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
500pt Bloodbound List
« on: May 17, 2017, 02:58:56 PM »
Last Saturday I played a 500pt boarder war demo game against the Stormcast using this list:

1 Aspiring Deathbringer
1 Slaughterpriest
1 Bloodstoker
1 Korgorath
1 20 man Bloodreaver unit

And I won!  Although all the bloodreavers were killed on turn one, the rest of the army proved to be excellent.  The Slaughterpriest burst his Lord Celestant using Bloodboil before being brought down by a unit of Liberators.  The Deathbringer and Bloodstoker held up said units of liberators for most of the game, killing a few and taking a few wounds in turn. 

But the Korgorath...Jesus webs, that boost to damage has turned it into an unadulterated killing machine!  5 Judicators, 3 Prosecutors and 5 Liberators were all hideously decapitated by it, with it's Horrific Predator ability actually driving a couple more Liberators off the board in fright too.  But this was a really really really close game, and had I not tabled him, I would have lost on points 20-6!

So long story short, I need a better 500pt list for our next demo game.  Last time, we were only using the core 4 page rules in the boarder war mission from the General's handbook, so as to not overwhelm our potential new recruits with information.  This time we'll be bumping it up a notch and bringing in the Battletome abilities.  My gut tells me to shelf the Korgorath, because he'll be expecting that.  It also tells me to go with more troops and less heroes. 

What should I do?  :-\