News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: >> hellhoundz <<  (Read 2198 times)

Offline Grim Stalker

• Ancient
  • Honour and Duty
    • Grim Stalker's Imperial Guard
>> hellhoundz <<
« on: March 29, 2002, 01:50:17 PM »
i dont play with one, but i was gonna at one time, but then i decided they are too weak...

what are your view on this? any nasty and/or pleasant experiences?

grim

Offline Staatz

• Pip Boy 2000!
    • WarHam Glazed
Re:>> hellhoundz <<
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2002, 03:44:20 PM »
I'm kind of trying to decide my fast atack combo, I was thinkin Rough Riders with 2 of these things (lets face it one is going down) would work well

Offline Grim Stalker

• Ancient
  • Honour and Duty
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2002, 04:25:30 PM »
yea totally imagine three of em (though cheesy as hell) would be a BIG PUNCH INTO THE ENEMY LINE!!!

grim

rakshasagenn

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2002, 03:44:14 PM »
#1 the immediate fall back move is very great.
#2 all glance hits become penhits so get smoe launchers (in chapter approved it states that smoke launchers make all pens to glances)
#3 take advantage of #1

So screen your hellhound with other chimeraz. It would easier to field one in a steel legion though.

another thing crossfire rocks

Offline Grim Stalker

• Ancient
  • Honour and Duty
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2002, 04:13:39 PM »
another good idea:

since they draw so much fire power, you could use it to distract or screen a very important unit like a chimera full of ogryns... hehe nasty... and you just go straight at it with two hellhounds blocking a chimera with 5 ogryns - this is really crazy - u will reach him in two turns max, at the expense of one maybe both the hellhounds...

grim

Offline Major BigBadOgryn

• Major
  • Our pride is service, our duty is to die.
    • the best IG site on the net
some one-two combos.
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2002, 11:35:19 PM »
two devastating uses of hellhounds i have witnessed and used.

#1 hellhound+rough riders. get your rough riders behind any unit, and your HH in front, shoot with all the rough riders, then with the inferno cannon, causing the unit to fall back into the riders, causing crossfire.

#2 HH+sentinels with heavy flamers. pretty much the same as witht the rough riders.

#3 two hellhounds. the same as above, but incase they pass one test, they have too take another.

#4 hellhound + ogryns. as the enemy get near, get the HH behind them, cause casualties, then assaukt with ogryns, maybe kill them and consolidate into others.

heres something i tried once(i was using a lot of a friends IG army). leman russ/exterminator/demolisher+chimera full of ogryns+hellhound+storm troopers.

advance the field using the big tank o shield the smaller ones, deep strike the storm troopers near their part of the field but dont do anything else with them, save them. once the tanks arrive, get the chimera and HH out from behind the big tank, fire ordinancce, drop the ogryns by the storm troopers, and you have yourself a table quarter.

Member Board 18 Chain of Command

From now until forever they shall utter our names. "Brave men," they'll say, "who fought for home and hearth; who stood proud when no light was left to see, when lands were drowned in blood. Strong men," they'll say, "who gave until their deaths."