News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Grenadiers 1750  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Atrotos

• Suffer not the alien to live.
Grenadiers 1750
« on: July 15, 2009, 03:58:23 PM »
Usually I try to pack in as much Heavy Armor as possible in my Grenadier lists but I think its time I explored the realm of artillery support as its a cheaper source of firepower and perhaps fills the gap I have in terms of long range shooting better than Battle Tanks. My Grenadiers always advance ("we're not holding anything - let the Hun do that") and its fairly common for me to initiate assaults even against MEQs. Therefore any advice on how to make my Vet squads more efficient at close quarters would be greatly appreciated.

HQ- Co. Command Squad
       Col. Straken
       3 x Plasmaguns
       Medic
       Carapace

in

Chimera w/ Hull H. Flamer, Multilaser & Extra Armor

Whats that? An IG HQ that can spank a carnifex in CC? I'll take it. Im not thrilled with Rapid Fire weapons in a squad that's likely to want to assault but it has my force's only medic so Gets Hot! wont be as much of a nightmare. Counter-Attack means that being assaulted isnt so bad.

TROOPS

10 Grenadiers w/ Lascarbines (shotguns)
2 x meltaguns
H. Flamer
Sergeant w/ Plasma Pistol, Power Fist
in

10 Grenadiers w/ Lascarbines (shotguns)
2 x meltaguns
H. Flamer
Sergeant w/ Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon
in

I know mixing special weapons is a taboo but I find that this combo works to my style of play. I feel that 2 BS4 meltas + Orders is enough to take down just about any vehicle. The addition of a Heavy Flamer means that this squad can also dependably take out anything with a 4+ save and thin MEQ numbers before the inevitable assault. I used to attach a Techpriest to each one of these squads (for the extra CC capabilities + fluff reasons) but recently realized that even without servitors he isnt an IC so Im not sure thats legal.

Inq. Storm Troopers x 5
2 x Plasmaguns
in

Rhino w/ Extra Armor

Inq. Storm Troopers x 5
2 x Plasmaguns
in

Rhino w/ Extra Armor

Cheap, scoring units with a good amount of mobile firepower. In the past I've suffered for lack of objective takers so I added these guys. I've used the FW update for the rhinos. As an aside Im making their rhinos from Whirlwind kits and using the turrets on chimera chassis to make my manticores.

ELITES

Psyker Battle Squad
Full Strength
in

Cool Psychic power + powerful template weapon - high cost = win

HEAVY SUPPORT

2 x Manticore

Not thrilled about only AP 4 for these guys but each one has potentially the same amount of firepower as a squadron of other arty units so they could prove to be game winners. Need the long range Str. 10 to hurt Mech armies.

Forgeworld's Obidiah Schfeer - Vanquisher that fires blasts too. Has Pask's BS and Tank Hunters.

I never leave home without this guy - even when Im trying to write a list without heavy armor I can't bring myself to leave him behind.

1749 pts.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 04:35:17 PM by Atrotos »