News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Squats as Redemptionists  (Read 1367 times)

Offline 1000 sons

• Tzeentch, Lord of Sorcery, and Changer of Ways
Squats as Redemptionists
« on: April 29, 2003, 01:57:29 AM »
You guys think it would be ok to use Squats as redemptionists in my Sisters army? I have them laying around and wonderd if it would be ok to use them as the reds. What do you guys think?  ???
Every book was sacred, every writing worthy of study, every document a resource to be drained. The ultimate knowledge was sorcery, the way to final enlightment, the key to the universe.

"Magnus the Red did take to the field of battle, causing the ravedged ground to liquefy 'neath his mighty stride........Magnu s spoke a word of power, and did sink away into the iridescent ground" -  the Edda of the Hammer

Offline Farseer Ulthrion

• Hello All,
  • Ancient
    • In case anyone is wondering what I do at university
Re:Squats as Redemptionists
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2003, 05:37:32 AM »
Hello all,

I have no idea now squats look, but I think it's good. Redemptionists are just a bunch of zealous followers of the Emperor, so they could be squats (unless squats are very heavily armoured, which reds aren't really).

Fluffwise, you could just be playing a Sisters of Battle force stationed on a squat world (if there is something like that), which has converted many squats to believe in Him-on-Earth.

Farseer Ulthrion
"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes."
-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Read about my  Daughters of the Martyred Lady (Sisters of Battle).
Check out my collection of Manga and Anime.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2003, 12:42:35 PM »
Farseer Ulthrion:  squats were drunken dwarves in space...now as exactly what they looked liked im not sure since i started playing in 3rd edition.

but squats (if im not mistaken) were short, stunty, heavily armoured...and part of the imperium, so they would already believe in the emperor!
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Farseer Ulthrion

• Hello All,
  • Ancient
    • In case anyone is wondering what I do at university
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2003, 03:56:47 PM »
Hello all,

Yeah, I already knew that squats were space dwarves, howevre, just like you, I don't know what the models look like.

If the armour isn't too heavy/apparent then I think it's no problem at all modelswise. Even if they do have heavy armour you can always take some fluff to back it up (btw, you might want to use them as guard squads instead, because the basic guardsmen does have armour).

Just some ideas to toss around.

Farseer Ulthrion
"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes."
-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Read about my  Daughters of the Martyred Lady (Sisters of Battle).
Check out my collection of Manga and Anime.

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2003, 08:02:56 PM »
You can actually buy blisters of men with Laspistols and CCW, they come with 4 in a blister. The only problem is I can't remember what they were called.

Offline Ranger Astheria

• Formerly 'Ranger of Alaitoc'
  • Ancient
  • Holding onto a thread of hope...
    • Realm of Runes
« Reply #5 on: May 2, 2003, 07:16:15 PM »
They would work perfectly fine, if someone has a question just say their from a planet with such high gravity that it's inhabitants end up with short bulky bodies.

Click my banner to visit Realm of Runes for all your WFB needs!