News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New 40k Tattoo  (Read 22898 times)

Offline Cortex_Killer

• Graduate lookin for work
Re: New 40k Tattoo
« Reply #20 on: June 4, 2009, 07:37:30 PM »
To OP: I like it alot, mainly cause its not too overboard yet looks solid (read: good  ;) )

And that last tatoo... crikey! Tis amazing but I have to say I don't fancy growing old with sommat like that  :-\
Come my brethren, for it is time that the Eldar retake our birthright: our Empire.

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #21 on: June 5, 2009, 05:06:27 PM »
This isn't me, but I just thought I'd put 40k tattoo into google and look at this. :o

(Image removed from quote.)

holy ...

I would never even think about getting a 40k tatoo that big lol, especially not a chaos one lol.

I just want some eldar runes here and there on my body...
a few on my chest, a few on my back, a few on my arms...pretty much 
everywhere XD
I'm probably going to get them during the summer.
The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.

Offline ozzfann0666

• Death is Overrated. Chaos is not.
    • My Dice Suck
« Reply #22 on: June 6, 2009, 01:06:03 AM »
I unfortunately don't have a very good camera but on my left arm I have a demon skull with the icon of khorne in his forehead surrounded by the star of chaos and on my left calf I have a BIG IoK, dripping with blood, topped with skulls, etc. Took about 5 and a half hours but SOOOOO worth it.

Offline masokilla

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #23 on: June 7, 2009, 05:21:50 AM »
I am an uber-nerd, so if I were to get a tattoo, it would definetly be a 40K one.  Probably one of the following:

Imperial eagle (on chest)
Chaos star (on calf)
Khorne symbol (on other calf)
Nurgle symbol (on my bottom...lol)
Terminator honors (on upper arm)

As you can probably tell, I am a fan of both loyal and chaos space marines...

I wouldn't get anything too big/flashy, partially because I'm a wimpy nerd...lol.  But if I was at the gym, and some jock saw my Khorne logo on my leg, he would back off before snapping me with a towel...lol

Offline Warden

• I love...lamp.
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2009, 10:15:58 PM »
I am an uber-nerd, so if I were to get a tattoo, it would definetly be a 40K one.  Probably one of the following:

Imperial eagle (on chest)
Chaos star (on calf)
Khorne symbol (on other calf)
Nurgle symbol (on my bottom...lol)
Terminator honors (on upper arm)

As you can probably tell, I am a fan of both loyal and chaos space marines...

I wouldn't get anything too big/flashy, partially because I'm a wimpy nerd...lol.  But if I was at the gym, and some jock saw my Khorne logo on my leg, he would back off before snapping me with a towel...lol

And when the chicks start checking out the tattoo, you can just smile and say "If you like that, just wait till I get into assault range."
 ;)

That first tattoo, the aquila, is freakin' awesome!  And that last tattoo must have been extremely painful beyond belief.  But so awesome as well.

Offline kwdav

• Battle bread forged in the oven of war!
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2009, 10:33:00 AM »
i was going to get the chaos star on my left wrist and the crimson fist standard on my right arm
a bolter a day keeps the xeno away!

Offline Feresy

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2009, 11:33:43 AM »
i know 3 people with 40k tatoos, aquilla on bicep, mark of khorne on bicep and mark of slaanesh on stomache!
getting something chaos related on my back this summer, got to fit in with the crowd :D

Offline argos5

• Stuff
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2009, 01:12:48 PM »
I think we all discussed this before. But that Warhammer Chaos Lord is flippin insane detail! I bet that cost the guy a couple hundred dollars.

I'd still get that cross/star Necron symbol somewhere. Pass it off as a religious symbol to those types that abhor tattoos. Devout 40k player perhaps?

Offline cyrax89

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2009, 04:42:53 PM »
I would love to get a tattoo, but if they spotted it at my job, forget about any hopes of a promotion.
"If your battle plan's working, it's probably a trap."
- Kolton Phae, On Military Matters, 739 M41

Offline NewHeretic

• Same Heretic, New God | Ork Boy
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2009, 01:05:46 AM »
I'd never do it, personally, but I think that a full-sized Crux Terminatus covering my left shoulder would be the coolest 40k tatoo to get.  :)

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

NewHeretic, forum policeman.

Offline lucivious

• our lives are sick and INDK
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2009, 10:33:41 AM »
i have several um... traditional tatoos. (black rose, yin, and a two tailed cat) but i've been contemplating the Night Lords chapter symbol for some time now (skull with batwings) . I figure its cool, cause its not exclusively 40k. My friend wants to get the Evil Suns design, which seems to be a real biker design anyway.
What i most can’t the least is do not a bad job and always a good.

Offline Jehoel

• Insanity is the sanest choice
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2009, 10:49:43 AM »
I would love to get a tattoo, but if they spotted it at my job, forget about any hopes of a promotion.

What kind of workplace thinks it can dismiss an employee on the count of a tattoo?? Thought is was a free country.

I'm not into tattoos personally but if I had to get one, I would probably find a cool Eldar glyph or something. (unless I would find something from Star wars)

Bahzhakhaim Zhai Dialcaman of the Biel-tan
___________________ ___________________ ____

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." - Jack Handey

Offline Exalted One

• Maker of invisible seams
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2009, 12:34:31 PM »
Got this last summer as a birthday present from my wife.  ;D

The glass is not half full. If its half full its not my glass. MY glass was entirely full! And bigger!

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
  • For the greater good!!!!!
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2009, 01:30:08 PM »

What kind of workplace thinks it can dismiss an employee on the count of a tattoo?? Thought is was a free country.

I'm not into tattoos personally but if I had to get one, I would probably find a cool Eldar glyph or something. (unless I would find something from Star wars)
police force has a pretty tough policy on tattoo's so unless it can be covered by the uniform its a pretty big no no
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
My enemies call me Mr Wilson
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'
'Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6'
'I love being a writer; I just dont like the paper work'
'Don't make me angry, you wont like it when im angry'

Offline muffinman331

• Ork Boy
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2009, 02:31:05 PM »
wow, that one looks awesome. but somehow whenever I see a giant tattoo like that I wonder what he'll do with it in the future. My mental image is of a decrepit 90-Year-Old man walking around with that on his back. kinda funny.
I would be tempted to get a 40k tattoo (probably an ork glyph) if I wasn't so freaking scared of needles. bad experiences in a hospital years ago and having a pic line installed, I am now deathly afraid of even small needles for flu shots etc
"Shoot da killy wuns, kill da shooty wuns." – Orkimedes, Ork tactician.

http://webway40k.blogspot.com/ - Harlequin Blog

Offline lucivious

• our lives are sick and INDK
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2009, 02:35:51 PM »
well, you should know tattooing isnt really a needle, more like a sewing machine. it goes in and out so fast, you dont feel it, you just feel it being moved across and over skin as its coloring in. and smaller pieces are less work and pain, and healing than huge giant $$ tattoos. 
What i most can’t the least is do not a bad job and always a good.

Offline Archaon

• Headshot, double kill, makes a man go *whistle* :D
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2009, 03:20:25 PM »
If I was skin'ead, a massive star of chaos on the bald head would be funny.
[This sig contains whatever you imagine it to contain]

Offline Todosi

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2009, 04:51:40 PM »

It is a free country and no one is stopping you getting your tattoo.  It is also a free company for employers who may set hiring standards as they see fit, provided they are within the law.

Most theme parks, for instance, don't allow visible tattoos on employees.  Also many public service jobs have stipulations regarding them. 

So get your tattoo, just don't get it on your forehead!

Offline Exalted One

• Maker of invisible seams
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2009, 09:24:46 AM »
Yeah, most stores, gas stations, restaurants, security agencies etc, don't hire tattooed or pierced people. Unless you already know what you are going to do with your life, getting a big viasible tattoo is a bad idea. And I mean really know, as in have studied, graduated and got the job/firm and know a visible tattoo wont matter in it. 
The glass is not half full. If its half full its not my glass. MY glass was entirely full! And bigger!

Offline LordDarigarn

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2009, 11:50:09 AM »
Yeah, most stores, gas stations, restaurants, security agencies etc, don't hire tattooed or pierced people. Unless you already know what you are going to do with your life, getting a big viasible tattoo is a bad idea. And I mean really know, as in have studied, graduated and got the job/firm and know a visible tattoo wont matter in it.

Such as working at Warhammer World?  ;D
Quote from: BubbaMack
Besides, there is nothing more fun then pounding down a full squad of Marines in their all beloved power armour with a bunch of clowns in tights!! ;D

Amen to that.