News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WWII  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Erenthal

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Why does everyone pick on Humungus?
Re:WWII
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2003, 06:51:48 PM »
I think somebody mentioned Cross of Iron.
Excellent movie! Quite objective too. And it probably has the most eerie intro and outro i have ever seen. It sends shivers down my spine... I highly recommend it. Another good movie is "Stalingrad". And i don´t mean the amphetamine parrotTY movie "Enema at the gates" (the A in EnemA is not a misprint  ;)).

Other than that, good WW2 movies are in short supply. "Pvt. Ryan" made me puke. "Band of Brothers" made me throw my remote at the TV.
Why can´t somebody make a "Band of Comrades", about some russians for once?
I have no sig. So sue me. (Unless this counts as a sig... damn)

Offline HarlequinSolitaire

• Not Sloataire or Solataire... Solitaire.
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2003, 06:59:19 AM »
People don't like to see it from another point of view...  :P
'An eye for an eye, and soon the world is blind'

Ghandi

Offline Steamboat Willy

• Warning Shots are for Woosies
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • Livejournal Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2003, 07:47:57 AM »
Band of Brothers was good, because it wasn't fictional crap like SPR was, it was a true story, they couldn't lie  :P

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2003, 07:55:05 AM »
Band of Brothers was good, because it wasn't fictional crap like SPR was, it was a true story, they couldn't lie  :P

BoB never really interested me that much, but I think I'll watch it at some point. Anyhoo; they're in the process of making BoB 2; it's about a Yank unit in the Pacific fighting the Japanese (or so I've heard).
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline Steamboat Willy

• Warning Shots are for Woosies
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • Livejournal Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2003, 08:14:06 AM »
Thats sounds intresting, although, i would actually like to see a russian one, that would be far more intresting, they fought harder and it would be more intresting

Offline Scars

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2003, 08:15:16 AM »
Thats sounds intresting, although, i would actually like to see a russian one, that would be far more intresting, they fought harder and it would be more intresting

Yeah, but it looks like that they rae just gonna pick a unit and run with it. Unfortunatly all said units are yanky ;)
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline Bludd spilla

• "The truth is out there....."
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2003, 08:25:40 AM »
The americans did the unthinkable, they locked up their own citizens into these relocation camps, fearing they would side with Japan, not thinking that they left Japan for a reason.

Watch the movie "A Midnight Clear" that will give you a different perspective on war.
what gives us the right to feel with remorse for a god they created
A god for the poor, for bathory we're bleeding out the devil hides in angelic shrouds
Blasphemy, as speaking out we've asked for it, for more of the same
Sad scheme, of ghettos created by the power elite, for our minds and souls burning
No longer for freedom invoked just more of the same.

Offline Scars

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2003, 08:28:38 AM »
The americans did the unthinkable, they locked up their own citizens into these relocation camps, fearing they would side with Japan, not thinking that they left Japan for a reason.

Yup; but that is breezed over as the Americans can do no wrong. War is not pretty and all sides commited war crimes. It's more the severety of the war crimes that counts.
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party