News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: ++Damocles Gulf Distress Singnal++  (Read 677 times)

Offline SeerMonki

++Damocles Gulf Distress Singnal++
« on: August 5, 2004, 10:03:46 PM »
+++Incoming Message+++
Fellow Commanders:
I have recently been given the role of securing one of our outposts in the Damocles Gulf. Ork raids have become increasingly common. I have already lost a full recon detail to guerilla fighters. Casualties are high and I fear the Orks are preparing for a major offensive. Support from other worlds is currently impossible. I have rallied together the local Gue’vesa militia. Men and ammunition are sparse; the situation is grim. Tactical advice needed. Commander SeerMonki, for the greater good.
++End Transmission++

Frontier Outpost Ork Fighters:
HQ
- Shas’el – armed with plasma rifle, burst cannon, flamer and hardwired multi-tracker. 92pts
o HQ Total = 92pts
§ 12% of Army Total

Elite
- Crisis Suit – armed with burst cannon, flamer and multi-tracker. 51pts
- Crisis Suit – armed with burst cannon, flamer and multi-tracker. 51pts
o Elite Total = 102pts
§ 14% of Army Total

Troops
- 12 Fire Warriors – armed with 9 pulse rifles, 3 pulse carbines, team leader upgraded to Shas’ui, bonded. 140pts
- 9 Gue’vesa – 2 armed with pulse carbines. 60pts
- 9 Gue’vesa – 2 armed with pulse carbines. 60pts
- 12 Kroot + 6 Hounds – Includes Shaper and improved armor/leadership. Also counts a Fast Attack. 146pts
- 12 Kroot + 6 Hounds – Includes Shaper and improved armor/leadership. Also counts a Fast Attack. 146pts
o Troops Total = 552pts
§ 74% of Army Total

Army Total = 746pts

I thought it would be fun to try and create a Tau army with a much different feel to the mechanized hunter cadre I am currently working on. I like armies with fluff behind them as I think they’re more fun to both play with and against as compare to a power gaming army. This here is more of a brain child then an army I am likely to build anytime soon, but any advice/comments are welcome.  I am especially interested in knowing if other commanders have taken our human allies and how they are best used. 

Happy gaming to all those who fight in the name of the greater good.
-SeerMonki
If I was smarter this would say something inteligent.