News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: D'yanoi: Typo in the colour description?  (Read 2068 times)

Offline .:Darkness:.

• Zombie Jesus is notoriously hard to put down.
D'yanoi: Typo in the colour description?
« on: March 7, 2007, 01:11:32 AM »
I recently aquired the codex and a few minis to paint. Im thinking of going with the D'yanoi sept. I painted up a mini using the colours decribed but my mini came out considerably lighter than the one pictured in hte codex.

It says that the armour plates are painted graveyard earth. But i am pretty sure that they are scorched brown. Can anyone confirm this?

Also say i want to do Sa'cea sept because i like the fluff behind it, do i have to do that colour scheme? Or can i do a different coloured uniform and aslong as i keep the fiery orange sept markings would it still be a Sa'cea sept.

Basicly can i do the Sa'cea sept in different uniform colours?
« Last Edit: March 8, 2007, 12:54:56 AM by .:Darkness:. »
“Why did I have to get the imperial guardsmen, you don’t even have any good weapons or features”
“I do so” I said defensively. “I’ve got my lasgun and my trusty bayonet”
“What a gun that will give the other contestants cancer in ten years, or at worst will make them squint. Then you have a blade that’s more suited to opening cans and to top it all off, your covered in cardboard for armour.”

Offline Inq. Khan

• Future ruler of the Universe
Re: D'yanoi: Typo in the colour description?
« Reply #1 on: March 8, 2007, 04:31:20 AM »
What color did you use as your base color for the armor plates? I used scorched brown/brown ink was as a base then lightened it up with thin layers of graveyard till I got it where I want it (Changed my mind after a test model and went for a different scheme in th end thou :P, I liked the look and it got pretty close to the codex, but i decided to steer clear of codex colors in the end)

I think with tau armor schemes the color really reflex's the environment they are in, the only constant for color for the different septs is each septs markings', which are orange on Sa Çea.The colors in the codex for this septs armor even says that this color is used by all septs for urban camo.

So you could paint them whatever color you wanted along as you include some orange sept markings.

Im not a big fan of following codex schemes so as far as Im concerned do what you think looks good then come up with a good reason for the color difference for all those fluff sticklers ;)

« Reply #2 on: March 8, 2007, 04:52:50 AM »
To me one of the colours seem off. I did mine based in black scorched brown then graveyard earth. Didnt think of brown ink. If its not the armour plates then its the under clothing. In the photo inside the codex it seems to contrast the armour plates a hell of alot more than it does in real life. I think that maybe the under-clothing is done in bleached bone?

As for the uniforms thank you for answering, i dont actualyl feel like making up a whole new scheme as i like the D'yanoi sept colours except i dont like its fluff. somthing about the tau being one of the masters of technology and the D'yanoi being rustic? Doesnt sit right for me.
“Why did I have to get the imperial guardsmen, you don’t even have any good weapons or features”
“What a gun that will give the other contestants cancer in ten years, or at worst will make them squint. Then you have a blade that’s more suited to opening cans and to top it all off, your covered in cardboard for armour.”

Offline [-Nero-]

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 12:23:37 AM »
 I think with that scheme, Scorched Brown would leave it too dark... depending on your coats. But I don't trust those schemes in there. Most of them don't give you what's shown.

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 02:22:13 AM »
Well i have decided againced D'yanoi anyway. Im using sa'cea sept with a slightly different colour scheme.

So no more help will be needed. Thanks for those who did.