News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Who doesn't love them?  (Read 6506 times)

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
Re:Who doesn't love them?
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2002, 09:21:11 PM »
Exactly what he says. That he has heard a rumor that a pintle-mounted flamer will be an option for every SoB viechle.

Me...I dunno. It IS more kick-ass than a measly stormbolter...but I don't think you get to use it much.

But the Repressor(or is it called Badger?) looks cool. Kinda like a cross between a rhino and a Chimera. But I bet it will have the same measly armor as a regular Rhino.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline Archon Xanath

• RTFM
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2002, 05:01:39 AM »
Mook:

If you mean, where did I hear that, then the answer would be from the battle-sisters Yahoo mailing list.  Some Sisters playtesters are members on the list and occasionally play games with their NDAs.

Archon Xanath

Offline mook

• "Would *YOU* like a cookie?"
    • mook online - fluffy and cute to hold
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2002, 02:14:05 PM »
Ah, okay.  I thought that's what you meant but it wasn't too clear.  No worries :D

It's called a Repressor, but the file name is Badger.  Go figure ???

What's a Stormbolter?

Where can I sign up for the list?  What's the url?  Thanks :)

Just wondering (yet another question :P) what are Codex: Adeptus Ordos and Codex Heretics?
www.spunge.org/~mook
email:
mook@spunge.org

Offline Tobab816

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2002, 02:57:50 PM »
Mook: You don't know what a stormbolter is?

A stormbolter is the gun that is usually mounted on the rhino....a weapon that looks impressive on a terminators profile but on a viechle...such as the rhino. Then it just looks way to measly as even a Raider will with almost 99% certainty survive someone shooting at it with a stormbolter.

I wish you could replace it with a flamer, heavybolter, or a plasmarifle or something(perhaps even a melta).

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""

Offline Archon Xanath

• RTFM
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2002, 04:07:03 PM »
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/battle-sisters

There are three new Codices in the works concerning the Inquisition.  Ordo Malleus (the Demonhunters, primarily Grey Knights), Ordo Xenos (Deathwatch), and Ordo Hereticus (Sisters of Battle).

We should see Ordo Malleus, along with a new line of Grey Knight models, sometime next year.

Archon Xanath

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2002, 01:17:28 AM »
For all of the new Chaos power that will be coming, I have a feeling that the new Ordos codecies will counterbalance that.

Offline Shadowlord

• Strike at night !
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2002, 09:40:51 AM »
What about the Chaops codex? Will it come, when? What will be changed?

Offline Tobab816

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2002, 10:50:56 AM »
Shadowlord: first of all the contradictions, odd rules and spelling errors  ;)

Second, it will probally incorperate all the new CA rules for Daemon lords, Cult terminators and Cultists...plus perhaps a few new units. Oh yeah..and revised rules for Oblirators etc.

3rd: it will probally have rules for Nightlord armies, Khorne cults, Iron Warriors armies, Slaanesh cults etc etc. Because really.. the armies of chaos are far more diverse than the average Spacemarine chapter.

Offline Warrior Loki

• Terror is an art .... and I LOVE art!!
« Reply #28 on: August 2, 2002, 06:02:20 PM »
Im considering the girls but 'feel' theyt lack presence on the battle field.

I LOVE the fluff but need convincing?

Any takers?
In the end we are all dust.

Offline Archon Xanath

• RTFM
« Reply #29 on: August 2, 2002, 07:39:14 PM »
They're definitely not the easiest army to field.  What makes them a challenge is that they're most effective within flamer/bolter rapid-fire range.  They shine at that 7" mark.  However, that means that you typically get only one volley off before being assaulted.

The trick is that that one volley can be devastating enough to win a game.  Flamers, Meltas, and rapid-fire Bolters will make short work of practically any unit.

So harass the opponent until you get there, gut their force with your mass of flamers, and mop up the remnants in assault.

Besides, you get to call Space Marine players "vile mutant heretics."  How can you beat that?

Archon Xanath

Offline Tobab816

« Reply #30 on: August 2, 2002, 08:37:55 PM »
My motto when playing sisters...anything burns. And if you havn't seen it burn yet you didn't apply enough flamers and cookers..

Offline Andrus

• Death to you and all your house.
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2002, 07:19:05 PM »
What about the Chaops codex? Will it come, when? What will be changed?

"This Codex contains the new Chaos Space Marines army list, special rules for fielding any of the First Founding Traitor Legions, plus rules for Gifts of Chaos, Daemon Weapons, and the powerful psychic powers granted by the Gods of Chaos."

This is what the advanced order on the GW online store said.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2002, 07:21:31 PM by Andrus »