News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Fire prism crystal (Ordering Replacements from GW)  (Read 5497 times)

Offline Farseer Jair

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Fire prism crystal (Ordering Replacements from GW)
« on: April 25, 2015, 11:47:51 PM »
I ordered a fire prism but the large crystal that sits inside the prism cannon is missing does anyone have any ideas on how to make one or find a substitute.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:58:50 AM by Irisado »

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
Re: Fire prism crystal
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 11:53:15 PM »
Assuming you ordered it from a legitimate source, just ask them to send you one. GW has awesome customer service, so if you bought from them, call them.

Offline Wyldhunt

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 02:36:03 AM »
You could also use transparent tape or tail light tape.  Cut it to the proper size and apply it to the inside of the prism's "cage". 

Offline davethemadorc

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 05:40:45 AM »
beads sets for young girls - the big ones can be reasonable

Offline Lachdonin

• Warlock
  • Education is no substitute for Intelligence.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 11:46:24 AM »
I'm with Arbor on this one. If you bought it from GW, contact their customer support, or if you got it in-store you could even go talk to them. I have never had any problem getting replacements. In fact, every time i've had to talk to them about missing parts, i've gotten an entire kit out of it without even really asking.
Remember, you can make yourself a Hero, but only others can make you a God.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 12:33:59 PM »
In fact, every time i've had to talk to them about missing parts, i've gotten an entire kit out of it without even really asking.
That is why I have always been partial for contacting GW directly.  The times I have, they have always just sent out a new box.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 06:24:10 AM »
My experience is that GW will replace a damaged product or one which has parts missing.  I received a damaged Wave Serpent a number of years ago from Forgeworld, and they replaced it without any quibble after I phoned them.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline khaine

• This happens when I am bored.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Truly Dread
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 06:30:03 AM »
I received a damaged Wave Serpent a number of years ago from Forgeworld, and they replaced it without any quibble after I phoned them.

Last time I had a problem with Forge World they had a free post address I had to post the problem kit back to, but they (And regular GW) are amazing with their customer service on broken/missing parts.

In fact the only issue I've had in the past is when they've sent me a replacement I've still been "stuck" with the original kit with just 1 part missing...  :o

There's no stopping what can't be stopped, no killing what can't be killed

You can't see the eyes of the demon until him come calling.

This is dread man, truly dread.

"Childhood is when you idolize Batman. Adulthood is when you realize that the Joker makes more sense."

Offline Lachdonin

• Warlock
  • Education is no substitute for Intelligence.
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 09:06:12 AM »
In fact the only issue I've had in the past is when they've sent me a replacement I've still been "stuck" with the original kit with just 1 part missing...  :o

This is probably the only 'problem' I've ever encountered with GW's customer service. As a technicality, they don't address the problem... being a box of terminators with one missing back piece. Sure, i get a new box of 5 terminators out of it, but i'm still left with the same set of legs, chest and head with no back to the sodder.
Remember, you can make yourself a Hero, but only others can make you a God.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: Fire prism crystal (Ordering Replacements from GW)
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 11:59:27 AM »
I've moved this to General 40K, as the discussion has become more broad than just dealing with Eldar.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 05:29:14 PM »

This is probably the only 'problem' I've ever encountered with GW's customer service. As a technicality, they don't address the problem... being a box of terminators with one missing back piece. Sure, i get a new box of 5 terminators out of it, but i'm still left with the same set of legs, chest and head with no back to the sodder.

You've got a squad of 9 now though! :D

As others have said- if it came from GW, take it back to them or speak to customer service. If it came from an independent GW stockist, then take it back to them. They'll sort you out and recoup cost/losses from GW.