News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1,500 Starting Necron Army  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Theriddler1976

1,500 Starting Necron Army
« on: April 23, 2007, 09:56:45 AM »
Ok here goes....

Lord, orb and Veil = 200 pts
14 Warriors          = 252 pts
14 Warriors          = 252 pts
4 Destroyers        = 200 pts
4 Destroyers        = 200 pts
6 D-Scarabs         = 96 pts
6 Immortals         = 168 pts
1 Heavy Destroyer = 65 pts
1 Heavy Destroyer = 65 pts

Total = 1,498 pts
Necrons = 45 models

Plan of attack:
2 Warrior groups sit in the middle of my line and begin the advance toward the enemy, supported by the Lord and his Immortals.
One flank would have the Heavy Destroyers (2 seperate groups to give 2 targets to aim at), within 6" of each other to allow WBB roll. The scarabs would join them.
On the other flank would be the 2 units of normal Destroyers, again near enough to each other to allow the WBB roll.

Ok, I never said it was a complicated plan......
So, any thoughts or improvement ideas?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 09:58:17 AM by Theriddler1976 »

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
Re: 1,500 Starting Necron Army
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 10:22:43 PM »
Looks good overall.  How come the Lord has a Veil if he's going to hold the line?  If he's going to slog it he may be better off joining a Warrior unit, a larger squad and more vulnerable to assault, to extricate them if need be.  Otherwise, you could drop it and use the points for more Warriors or Scarabs.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline Wofen

• The lone Wolf
Re: 1,500 Starting Necron Army
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 02:33:40 AM »
I would try to get a third Heavy Destroyer in there. 2 of them are easy to kill, but 3 makes it alot harder task, and as you really dont have anything else that is Heavy, every Lascannon are going to be aimed at them, so you will have to relie on there WBB and not there save.

Other then that, nice list. I love the classic lord, and his uses far out way his cost. I would not use the veil as a offisenive weapon, unless the other army is lacking in high S ranged weapons, and you can get back to your main body of troops before combat. If you face a Ork/sisters/Khron army (limited high S ranged weapons), you can Veil first turn, blow something up and the get back to your line (maybe a 2nd target). But do not keep him away if more then a very few high S weapon are in range/LOS of your warriors, as the Res orb is what keeps them alive.

Other then that, just remember to use Heavy Destoryers on Light transports or 2+sv troops, your normal Destoryer are better vs anything with AV 12 or more, and you have alot more of them.

The only thing I would think about changing is dropping the Immortals, to get the extar Heavy Destoryer, and 2 more normal Destoryers, or max up your Scarab unit. 9 scarabs with D feilds has a 100% rate of killing tanks (on paper, 36 attacks, 6 Glances, and a glance has a one in 6 chance of killing a tank), but even 4 bases will do alot of damage and has a 1/3 chance of killing tanks. I love scarabs!

Also, remember, if you want a Really good distraction, and the enermy does not have much in the way of 2+ saves (Eldar, IG, Tau, Orks), boosted Heavy destoryers up a flank will make people worry, and with a 3++ sv, they are able to take alot of firepower. Plus, if they live, you have a nice side armour shot on any tanks on the feild (with your 12" move).

Wofen
Back again after 5 years.....