News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Unbound Army List  (Read 1787 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Unbound Army List
« on: May 25, 2014, 09:37:35 PM »
Please be sitting down and have a seat belt on before you read this, your safety is at risk. Maybe have a defibrillator on hand as well...

Are you ready?

Are you SURE?

OK, here it goes; with the new rules out and an new way of making a list has come out (the unbound) I have come up with a list that I think will make a hoot of a game. Now, I know you all know that I am a card carrying member of the KOS, but I just can't seem to shake this one from my mind. I know I should be taking a list with every red painted fast attack that I have, but I just can't seem to resist this temptation.

HOLD ON!

One unit of Green Tide, so unless a sniper picks off a character they will never get a first blood point. Since I can declare a WAAGH every turn, I should be able to charge the first turn and therefore suffer minimal shooting, but if I do have to suffer some shooting the KFF and FNP should keep casualties a bit lower.

Let me know what you think. (after you get off the floor and regain consciousness) Or is it just a silly passing phase I am having? Maybe my next list will be all buggies and planes, but for now I just have to see if a Green Tide is a viable army in itself.

Green Tide List(s) FYI: Must have a boss that can't leave the unit and ten mobs of boys.

WARBOSS: Armor, Boss pole, TL Shoota, Cybork, Attack Squig, Power Claw.    =125 (Mandatory)
MAD DOC GROTSNIK: See page 59 of the Ork codex   =160
BIG MEK: Waagut; Heavy, Cybork, Kustom Force Field, BP, Burna   =125
(total for characters 410)

10 mobs of boys:
10 Nobs, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Claw (46 ea)   =460
(these are the 10 squad upgrade nobs and so will be included in every list)

For 2500 list:
271 Boys, Slugga and Choppa   =1626 (27  boys per mob)

For 2000 list:
188 Boys, Slugga and Choppa   =1128 (18 boys per mob)

For 1500 list:
105 Boys, Slugga and Choppa   =630 (10 boys per mob)

Please don't turn me in to the KOS inquisition as I will, of course, deny everything... ;)

Maybee drop the boss poles for more boys, as the mob will be fearless for as long as there are 11 or more boys. But, there are some psychic powers that make you take unmodified LD tests, and I would hate for 100+ boys to start running or get pinned, so a reroll would be handy for that kind of situation.

The boss and the nobs all have PKs just in case I get into combat with dreads and land raiders. Hopefully with cybork, cover, and FNP saves the boss should last all game. But I will have a nob or two in his vicinity to accept challenges against things that would kill off  the boss too easily (like death company dreads).

Game play would be simple. Set up one unit of 100+ orks, move, and spend the rest of the day rolling dice in the assault phase  ;D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 12:17:49 PM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline -V-

• Infinity Circuit | O:nk's my painting bitch | Ork Yoof
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
Re: Unbound Army List
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 03:55:10 PM »
Would certainly be a sight beyond belief.  If you do it we must have pictures or it didn't happen!!  It sounds fun and fluffy but very unwieldy.  By the way how exactly can you call a waagh every turn?  I have never heard of such.  Is this like a formation data slate bonus or something?

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 12:13:04 AM »
Its one of the Apoc Dataslates in the Ork section.  And truthfully I'm surprised Skeetergod, you going footslogger, I never thought I'd see the day, or rather I didn't anticipate it the day that I had planned on going back to the full throttle KoS.

I do think the army list you have written out will be quite fun to play and play against, but I think you have to add in some support units, which would unfortunately give your opponent back the ability to nab first blood, but it also would be really hard to play against Skimmers and Flyers without that support.  But the game isn't about winning, its about having fun, and frankly I know I'm going to be doing very much the same at least once, it's kinda hard to turn down a 100+ Ork unit.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #3 on: July 3, 2014, 12:40:25 PM »
With the new Ghaz supplement they stole my idea  :'(

They have the Green Tide data sheet as a legal army build. One unit of 100+ boys led by warboss with a Waaagh every turn after the first.

This one will take a while, as I still have to collect about another 100 boys to make a full size 300 boy list. So, honey do list here I come... :D

"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #4 on: July 3, 2014, 01:04:13 PM »
You'd better bring a supply of books for your opponent to read while you do your movement phase  :D
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline Dev Null

• GW has copyrighted my ability to be wrong.
« Reply #5 on: July 3, 2014, 01:57:38 PM »
Just move all your opponents and the terrain closer to your boys; it'll take less time...