News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Good/Bad/Funny/randomthing to happen in 40k!  (Read 214476 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Good/Bad/Funny/randomthing to happen in 40k!
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2006, 05:22:43 PM »
Dagon(my great unclean one) Arrived VIA a dead demonhost into a combat with some chaos raptors. He then rolled instability and got a 16, died out right. He came then left in the blink of an eye.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Midnight Walker

• Mad skillz. I has them.
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2006, 10:43:57 AM »
Dagon(my great unclean one) Arrived VIA a dead demonhost into a combat with some chaos raptors. He then rolled instability and got a 16, died out right. He came then left in the blink of an eye.

How can that happen? GD possesses a dead daemonhost at the end of the current turn. Instability occurs at the end of the chaos turn only. That's at least one full turn of combat you should have gotten in before he vanished, assuming he appeared at the end of the enemy turn...

EDIT: Unless the host died during the chaos turn, and at the end of the turn the GD took possession and you immediately rolled for instability... but I don't think you'd roll instability until the end of your next turn in that instance. I wouldn't have, anyway.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 10:46:37 AM by Midnight Walker »
Last match: Draw! Dwarfs vs. Vampire Counts

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2006, 10:47:40 AM »
Oh...That is good to know  :-X. Whoops.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Que Dan

• These shops do exist...
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2006, 10:57:14 AM »
Fantasy:

Buying an Imperial Great Cannon: €17,50.
Fielding it: 100 points.
Blasting two High Elf characters (250+ points) off the table in a singe shot: Priceless.

Some things can't be killed by infantery. For the rest, Great Cannons.
Orks. We were the Armageddon wars.

So how does 540+20D6 attacks grab you?

(The owner of this sig is not responsible for the content and/or spelling of this post)

Offline communisteldarfistsoffury

• All Hail Gholiac.
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2006, 05:11:13 PM »
Autarch charges Gaurdsmen Senior Officer with power fist.  Nobody does anything except that I do 1 wound and pass 10 4+ invunerable saves, In the last turn I have to pass 6 saves, I pass saves 1-5
Autarchs>Farseers

Offline Raven667

« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2006, 06:26:03 PM »
Opponent summons a great unclean one, right near my guardian squad. Guardian squad moves forward and shots their catapluts, "you need 6's to wound" roll eighteen dice 6 6's, FOUR failed savess - guardians then charge cause another wound - ANOTHER failed save!! Best part - the deamon FAILED to wound a single guardian. I totally lost the game(he had a significant point lead over me +350/400 campain game) but moral victory to the power of the angry gardener! ;D
ago puteus, intereo solvo - Live well, die free!
   W/L/D
Eldar- Medusa V, Night-Slayer, Council of Dreams
10/10/2
Eldar - Night-Slayer, Ulthwe Assualt force(1500pts)
7/1/0

Offline Marcus Fenix

• "If it was up to me i would call em Dino Fags"
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2006, 04:25:19 AM »
Have you ever experience one of those moments where despite all odds you lose an entire squad to lasguns? or lose 4 terminators to a deep striking grey knight incinerator?

So to cut to chase i think every on has a gaming disaster and this thread is those of us that would like to see how incredibly unlucky people can get.
This is where i say stuff ... but i wont for now so be patient

Offline TheOnlySpiral

• Keeper of the Book of Salvation; Last of the Timelords
  • Ancient
  • Returned from the Immaterium
  • Armies: Deathwing
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2006, 04:26:11 AM »
More of a General 40K thing than a SM specific Topic. 
Quote from: David Holland
The Point of the Game is to be Playing it.

Quote from: Devern, The Unsung Hero
Actually, it pains me to say this, but Spiral is right.

Offline IronToe

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2006, 04:34:11 AM »
40k: facing old blood angels Rhino rush army whit imperial guards  :'( :'(

Fantasy: 11 miscast on a Tournament 8 in the same game where 1 necromancer and my vampire count killed themselves whit str 10 hits and my last necromancer flew 6" inches into a rat ogre (this was whit the old miscast rules). Ps only got 5 miscasts in the last tournament in the same game and 8 in total 

Offline Marcus Fenix

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2006, 04:37:09 AM »
More of a General 40K thing than a SM specific Topic. 

Can I still keep it here?

and Iron Toe ha, tell me about it same thing with grey knights and Tau  ;D

Offline Sergant Alexi

• Its a funny world
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2006, 05:27:38 AM »
My friend trying to orbital bombard my enemies destroyers who ran away.  Next turn strenght 10 ap 1 blast template lands on my venerable dread. BOOM!
Gari Fireguard 12th Company
500 pts
W/D/L
-

Last Game
-

Offline Hellboy

• You're unique, just like everyone else.
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2006, 08:05:47 AM »
my first game against necrons, my greyknights were deep striking in the second turn and landed smack bang on top of a squad of warriors, 3 out of the 10 survived.

i managed to score 90 victory points in that game, and had my entire 1,500 points wiped off the table by his turn 5 :'(
First come the smiles.

Then lies,

Last is gunfire.

(Roland Deschain of Gilead - The Dark Tower)

• Ancient
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2006, 08:30:49 AM »
My whole IG army ran off the table once due to a rampant rhino and bad moral checks.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Doomhammer

• I live once more!
    • My profile on a really cool site.
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2006, 08:52:49 AM »
My first game with my Eldar, Alaitoc rules, he gets first turn. My Falcon with HQ squad goes down to Meltagun fire and teh next turn my Pathfinders get charged by a Vulture Kindred. Total ownage.
FOR DOOMHAMMER!

Offline [Thor]

• Beliskner, the Chariot of Thor
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2006, 09:52:07 AM »
My allies orbital bombardment that:

Missed the enemy completely all game.

Trashed one of his OWN chimera's.

Killed a unit of his OWN storm troopers/IIG.

Nearly hit 2 of MY battlesuits

Nearly hit MY devilfish..... on two occasions.

Insta-gib'd his HQ.

Lesson of the Match? Orbital Firepower belongs in gothic.

Offline Purgatory

• Neophyte
  • Auxilium et Concilium
    • The Ailarian
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2006, 02:00:52 PM »
Faced Mech Eldar with Space Marines (assaulting). Rolled nine 1s for Armour Penetration in a row. Naturally, I lost.

Faced Necrons the same evening with the same army. Things are going great until his Monolith appears. Killed 250 points of models on the land and grabbed an objective. Still managed to pull of a solid defeat, which is incredible.

Also, he failed a total of four WBB-rolls during the entire game. All his casualties were done in hth with Power Fists, and naturally, not a single time the Necron Warriors fled.

That was a more or less horrible evening for my poor Space Marines ;)

Offline Marcus Fenix

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2006, 05:44:46 PM »
On the subject of Space Marines, my chapter has a proud tradition of rolling 1s for 2+ required rolls.

This all started when i was play a berserker army, 5 berserker's that where in range of my lone commander, so my first idea was to melt em with my trusty plasma canon, all berserker where hit but when i came to wounding well, five 1's and a hacked up commander.

That was one of the only games i played in a club.

Offline Bumbles

• I supported No'Akei and all I got was this silly title
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2006, 07:04:29 PM »
My first real game as a DE player (ie against someone who isn't my brother or a mate of mine).

I introduce myself to the other player, who looked at my army, and after I said "I'm new to Dark Eldar" he said "Well those Chaos Eldar are easy beats anyway"
(note to all other players: Never call DE Chaos Eldar in front of a DE player).
I showed this bloke my army. He laughed at my fugly Wyches. At this point, I mentally vowed to use said "girly men" to cut his Commander into bits.
I also vowed to enjoy myself, I love DE, such interesting flavour to their army.

I deployed my Warriors, and used the Mandrake special rules ("is that legal?" he asked) and Deployed my tooled out DE Lord ("is that legal? I'm sure you're cheating").
And charged straight at him with the Warriors as the Wyches and the Bikes flank him.

MAssacre. His bolters cut the warriors to pieces. Not a single casuality to his forces after two turns.

Which is when the Mandrakes attacked as a diversion to the Wyches and the Jetbikes.
SMurfs might be many things, but against DE in CC they can be kittens, rather then tigers.
A true massacre.

Which is when my Lord raced in. And destroyed his Dreadnaught.
In hand to hand. Without losing a wound.

His army in disarray. He played his hand.
He whinged to the store owner.
Who promptly declared that my army was illegal.
Why? Because my Lord was a Wood Elf with a shuriken pistol rather then a "real" DE Lord.
I looked at him.
I smiled and said "ahh well. At least I killed his Commander. A victory to the girly men I think"
And I left.

Offline Markay

• Lieutenant Colonel | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Hardcore card whore.
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2006, 07:08:28 PM »
Always remember that if you hit on a 6 dont roll that dice again for the damage roll, its just bad luck ;D thats a tradition us chaps have anyway. I have a few disaster moments in 40k and I find mass destruction of my own army can be fun in certain circumstances.

Imagine a 1500 point grot army and imagine a 4 way battle for corners, also imagine that my grot army is last to set up and is boxed into pretty much an 18 inch square. now imagine theres a nasty tau flyer with ordanance nextdoor ;D. highlights of that game include a templar player blowing up a killakan with a 6 inch blast as it exploded, wiping out another squad of grots. Oh the days  :)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2006, 11:36:54 PM »
2000pts

C:SM with gk allies facing off against khorne.  now thats not bad i know some of you are going to say, and i butchered all of the bezerkers before they made it to my lines...except for one.

you guessed it...daemon host.

but this wasnt any ordinary blood thirster...this was Ungrath the Unbound.  yes, we used the rules for the forgeworld thirster and let me tell you...in 4 turns i lost 40 tactical marines, 5 terminators, 6 GK terminators (including grand master), before finally taking that blasted thing down.  now granted, i had shot it to hell and back before charging it while it was in cover, but still, it died to a lone terminator with a power fist.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...