News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Rx8's Mechdar Entry  (Read 744 times)

Offline Rx8Speed

Rx8's Mechdar Entry
« on: June 30, 2015, 09:57:09 AM »
Here's iteration 1! Very exciting list comp idea btw I really enjoyed throwing this together!

+ HQ (80pts) +

Autarch (80pts) [Fusion gun (10pts), Haywire grenades, Plasma grenades, Shuriken pistol]

+ Troops (380pts) +

Dire Avengers (190pts)
··5x Dire Avenger (65pts) [5x Avenger shuriken catapult, 5x Plasma grenades]
··Wave Serpent (125pts) [Serpent Field, Shuriken cannon (10pts), Twin-linked scatter lasers (5pts)]

Dire Avengers (190pts)
··5x Dire Avenger (65pts) [5x Avenger shuriken catapult, 5x Plasma grenades]
··Wave Serpent (125pts) [Serpent Field, Shuriken cannon (10pts), Twin-linked scatter lasers (5pts)]

+ Fast Attack (100pts) +

Vyper Squadron (100pts)
··Vyper (50pts) [Shuriken cannon, Shuriken cannon (10pts)]
··Vyper (50pts) [Shuriken cannon, Shuriken cannon (10pts)]

+ Heavy Support (500pts) +

Night Spinners (300pts)
··Nightspinner (100pts) [Doomweaver, Twin-linked shuriken catapults]

War Walkers (140pts)
··War Walker (70pts) [2x Brightlance (10pts)]
··War Walker (70pts) [2x Brightlance (10pts)]

War Walkers (60pts)
··War Walker (60pts) [2x Scatter laser]

++ Eldar Craftworlds: Codex (2015) (Formation Detachment) (440pts) ++

+ Formation (440pts) +

Crimson Death (440pts)
··Crimson Hunter (160pts) [Crimson Hunter Exarch (20pts), Pulse Laser, Two Bright Lances]
··Crimson Hunter (140pts) [Pulse Laser, Two Bright Lances]
··Crimson Hunter (140pts) [Pulse Laser, Two Bright Lances]

1500 points
13 vehicles
11 infantry

tactics are straight forward. Get the dire avengers onto objectives, the autarch gives one of those units some anti-tank ability and gives me control of when my crimson hunters come on. Warwalkers get behind any LOS blocking terrain they can find on my side of the table (with scout you can pretty much deploy anywhere on your side of the table). If I can't find any then I will outflank with the scatter laser walker for sure, and the bright lance walkers if I can't find any LOS blocking cover for them either. The vypers in an ideal world will move flat out into cover somewhere that threatens something soft and important in the enemy's army, otherwise they will try to take objectives if it is a progressive objective type mission. The night spinners will try to get into LOS blocking terrain (priority goes to them in my deployment zone over walkers, although I would obvs try to fit both), and if none is available I will at least put them in ruins or some kind of cover and just blast away with high strength, monofilament pie plates.  The crimson hunters backed up by the autarch's reserve roll modifier and their formation bonus should rule the skies. And if there's nothing up there for them to shoot at then I'm sure I can still put those 6 bright lances and 3 pulse lasers to good use shooting at armor on the ground. And that's it! Every unit can deliver a serious kick to the balls at the right targets, and I have units for everything. The armies that I see giving this one serious issues are tyranids and other assault armies with a lot of bodies. Although against tyranids I won't have much issues eliminating their synapse and any flyrants are going to get seriously beslubbered up by the crimson death. Also between the wave serpents, scatter walker, vypers and night spinners I sould be able to remove at least 1 large infantry unit from the table per turn, probably 2. Also if someone brings an army with multiple crimson death formations I would probably lose to that
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 10:33:27 AM by Rx8Speed »

Offline volatilegaz

• Aspect Warrior
  • I'm dead inside.
  • Armies: Eldar, Just starting Necrons
Re: Rx8's Mechdar Entry
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 10:43:11 AM »
Blimey, you’re keen!

I have 2 concerns with this list:
1)   I don’t see the 2 min size DA squads (and autarch) surviving once they get out of their serpents, with nothing else for your opponent’s anti-infantry weaponry to target and a juicy slay the warlord VP on offer. I think you’re best tactic would be to just treat them as a troop tax / DAVU to the Serpents, and not to willingly disembark them for objective grabbing during normal play. That or beef up their numbers
2)   Is 3 Crimson Hunters a bit overkill for a 1,500pt game?
The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.

Offline Rx8Speed

Re: Rx8's Mechdar Entry
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 11:41:57 AM »
Hey! Ya I'm at work what else am I supposed to do?!

so addressing your concerns I was thinking the same thing for the dire avengers unless I had an objective way in my back field that they could hide in and go to ground if need be, and even then only if there were other objectives for the serpents to grab. And 3 crimson hunters is quite a thing for 1500 but people bring some seriously nasty things at 1500 pts. Like a double flyrant list or an IK or something. And at their new, lower cost crimson hunters are a sweeeet deal. When backed up with the autarch and the considerable formation benefits they take this list to that next level. It's also nice to have that much of my firepower in the air where they are safe from most units.