News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New Imperial Guard Minuatures Coming!!!!!  (Read 4032 times)

Offline imperial_american

• ...."I will show you terror in a handful of dust..
Re: New Imperial Guard Minuatures Coming!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 2, 2006, 08:07:52 PM »
>:(

Metal!! Everyone else got plastic. Why cant the guard? I love steel leigon, but stopped collecting them because they were metal
I'm going back in time to blow up the future.<br /><br />Hail skroob!<br /><br />Click here http://www.laststory.com/Quick%20Facts%20about%20the%20War.htm

Offline Killgore

• Guardian
  • Ulthwe
« Reply #21 on: January 2, 2006, 08:30:57 PM »
this really has split the rumour world, so many people saying plastic.. and so many others saying metal...  Which is right? we find out in a few months time.

Personaly I'm joining the metal crowd as beleaving in greatcoat plastic guard is just asking for disapointment

Offline Lt. Colonel Nightblade

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #22 on: January 2, 2006, 10:55:03 PM »
That's true... if we all believe they are metal and they do turn out to be metal, then we get what we expected.  If they turn out to be plastic, then we'll all be very excited indeed.  But if we believe they are plastic and they are metal, it will be a huge let-down.

So I'm sticking with the metal camp on this one.  It just makes more sense to me, especially with the way they're supposedly releasing heavy weapons.

Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away the hoofèd liar.
Roof and door and block and beam, drive the Trickster from our dreams.

Member of the Board 18 Chain of Command.

Offline Agamemnon-2.0

• The Mask Behind the Man
« Reply #23 on: January 3, 2006, 02:00:21 AM »
An upcoming-releases-for-retailers list I saw on either Warseer or Dakka quoted the price of the Vostroyan (however you bloody spell it, there are at least two dozen versions out there) platoon box at 90 dollars. That sounds like metal to me, and IIRC is around the price the old Praetorian box sold for, back in the day. So I have my money down for a 25-man box, a minimum-sized platoon.
The 31st Saros Penal Regiment - 9 wins, 8 losses, 6 draws

Offline Retired-Captain Alexander

• Captain
  • Cookies!
« Reply #24 on: January 3, 2006, 03:47:48 AM »
That's true... if we all believe they are metal and they do turn out to be metal, then we get what we expected.  If they turn out to be plastic, then we'll all be very excited indeed.  But if we believe they are plastic and they are metal, it will be a huge let-down.

So I'm sticking with the metal camp on this one.  It just makes more sense to me, especially with the way they're supposedly releasing heavy weapons.

Lol, sad, but true :P . If they indeed all have greatcoats and stuff like that then I think they will indeed be metal as producing these kind of guys in plastic is (I think) very hard. Still it is a big disappointment. GW shouuld realize that armes that contain lots of plastic sell 10X better than armies that contain lots of metal (how often have you seen an army made completly out of steel legion models?). This will also mean that i'ts gonna be quite expensive to make a 1500 pts army with them :-\ . *begins praying* Pleeeeeeeeease let it be plastic :'(.

Greetz,
Alexander

A mind without purpose will walk in dark places

Offline Agamemnon-2.0

« Reply #25 on: January 3, 2006, 06:01:15 AM »
GW shouuld realize that armes that contain lots of plastic sell 10X better than armies that contain lots of metal (how often have you seen an army made completly out of steel legion models?).

They do. Seeing what sells is what GW is extremely good at. Notice the vast droves of Marine releases out there. They also see the insane costs for making steel moulds for plastic kits, not something they'd do for a limited-attractiveness item (there are two ranges of plastic figures for IG already, demand for a third one is just not as big as say, for plastic scouts or a new Vindicator). Besides, I've got a sneaking suspicion the Vostronians will be a limited-time deal, kinda like the Exorcist.

Offline Vespasian Swiper

• Dear Live Journal...
  • Damn Dora...
    • Club DM
« Reply #26 on: January 3, 2006, 06:13:40 AM »
I am worried  - for the second time they will be metal...

If so - a Praetorian's style release could be imminent - also the lack of frankly any images is worrying.

I just found the new DA images as the release dates edge closer the speculation can only get worse - and DA's are after the Vostroyians - or whatever they are called.

~Swipe.
Its an even stranger day when you have a fat Games Workshop-Fanboy Ninja declare to end you for something you did for April Fools on Teh Interwebz.

It's a strange day in the world where I find myself agreeing more often than not with Swiper.  :D

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
« Reply #27 on: January 3, 2006, 07:10:02 AM »
If so - a Praetorian's style release could be imminent - also the lack of frankly any images is worrying.

I'm not surprised that it could be a Praetorian style limited release. The fact that they are possibly selling whole platoons in a box set is unusual for a metal release. Also this isn't a straight IG codex release, as it's a City of Death connection, and so far all the other stuff coming out seems to be of a special type. I guess it's time to start saving up and preparing for the coming army.
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline Agamemnon-2.0

« Reply #28 on: January 3, 2006, 07:25:21 AM »
We just received images of the new demon prince and the Eldar rangers, who are also CoD releases. I assume the new Guard will be coming in the following months. Personally, I would much rather have taken just about anything else than yet another batch of foot troops. Like new Ratlings, new Ogryns, new Commissars or maybe a 40k-scale Ordinatus Golgotha?

Okay, maybe one of those was aiming a bit high, but still...

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
« Reply #29 on: January 3, 2006, 01:00:33 PM »
I've also read that there is a possible new IG Tank coming out with the new troops. Anyone know anything about this?
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
« Reply #30 on: January 3, 2006, 01:03:24 PM »
I've also read that there is a possible new IG Tank coming out with the new troops. Anyone know anything about this?

According to oink, that is the case.  There was a Rumour Mill thread about it a few weeks ago.
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline Techpriest Lightningshard

« Reply #31 on: January 3, 2006, 01:25:39 PM »
Sorry it took so long for a reply but the staff at the Seattle bunker (which is coincedentially in Bellevue) say alot of plastic models.

And i dont read rumors, for from that comes hope, and then we all should know that Hope is the first step on the road to dissapointment.

And its Vostrollian dangit!
« Last Edit: January 3, 2006, 01:27:14 PM by Techpriest Lightningshard »
"In the absence of orders find something and kill it"
Techpriests should get a better repair chance...

Offline CDT104th

« Reply #32 on: January 3, 2006, 01:32:35 PM »
With what my guy at my GamesWorkshop store told me, and he was trying to be hush hush about it,  is that the new guard were going to be a little bit of plastic and a little bit of metal.   This leads me to believe that they will be like the Cadians, where the basic troopers will be plastice and the officers and other special troopers will be metal.   That what hen told me and I trust this guy.

Offline Ghaz

• I argue because I care
« Reply #33 on: January 3, 2006, 02:22:19 PM »
The Vostroyan were premiered at the Sabbat Crusade weekend at UKGW.  Those in attendance say they are metal miniatures.
"A commander must have the courage to see his plan through,
for good or ill. Wars are won or lost when the battle-lines are
drawn
."
-The Tactica Imperium-

Offline Valhalla114

• Major
  • Salamanders are for people who have great hair.
« Reply #34 on: January 3, 2006, 03:34:32 PM »
Someone saw'd them and didnt snap a foto? Que pasa aqui gente? Por favor. Que manera de joderme el dia.

Sorry when I get angry I revert to my native tongue.
Alfred the Cogboy. Only in death does duty End.

Offline Andro Ist Keine Schwedischen

• Da Biggest; His Fluffiness; Warboss
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #35 on: January 3, 2006, 04:07:25 PM »
Hopefully multi part metals.  I dislike the Steel Legion models because they are so damn hard to convert.  They better release the full range as well for once - it's annoying when they don't make every weapon type.  It's GW's fault there's been a huge rise in Plasmagun/Lascannon combos - because that's pretty much all Steel Legion players can use.

Having removable weapons and heads would be most excellent - no more hours of sawing carefully into the models to remove weapons and hands and then green stuffing the huge gaps left over...

~Andromidius
aka. Boris the Bear

Offline Sputnik

• Colonel, Best Painted Open Comp.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
« Reply #36 on: January 3, 2006, 04:10:09 PM »
It's GW's fault there's been a huge rise in Plasmagun/Lascannon combos - because that's pretty much all Steel Legion players can use.

Yeah, because people are dying to use the flamer/Autocannon combo...  ::)
« Last Edit: January 3, 2006, 05:28:52 PM by Sputnik »
All the Emperor requires of us guardsmen is that we stand the line and we die fighting. It is what we do best. We die standing.

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #37 on: January 3, 2006, 05:44:04 PM »
No, but it would make sense that Ork fighters like the Steel Legion would have said weapons in their arsenal.  Think about it - how often do Imperial Guard need masses of Plasmaguns and Lascannons when facing Orks?

Plasmaguns and Lascannons have their place, but I don't think they are ment to be in every single squad (or even any Infantry Squads in my opinion - they are supposed to be expensive weapons!).

~Andromidius
aka. Boris the Bear

Offline Sputnik

• Colonel, Best Painted Open Comp.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
« Reply #38 on: January 3, 2006, 06:24:09 PM »
No, but it would make sense that Ork fighters like the Steel Legion would have said weapons in their arsenal.  Think about it - how often do Imperial Guard need masses of Plasmaguns and Lascannons when facing Orks?

Plasma guns and lascannons never hurt, though I agree you don't need to max out on 'em against Orks. In any case, I also think every weapon option should be available, regardless of their merits on the battlefield. (Ok maybe not mortars)  :P

Plasmaguns and Lascannons have their place, but I don't think they are ment to be in every single squad (or even any Infantry Squads in my opinion - they are supposed to be expensive weapons!).

Not Lascannons anyway. For 2 points more though, you can get a plasma gun instead of a grenade launcher...sign me up.
All the Emperor requires of us guardsmen is that we stand the line and we die fighting. It is what we do best. We die standing.

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #39 on: January 3, 2006, 11:01:01 PM »
I prefer the mobility you get from Grenade Launchers, and the fact they don't blow up in your face.

Anyway, I'm still wishing very much that they release the full range this time.  Would make it a first for metal Imperial Guard...

~Andromidius
aka. Boris the Bear