News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tyranids in 5th edition  (Read 1752 times)

Offline JimmyHat

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Tyranids in 5th edition
« on: February 22, 2021, 12:30:09 AM »
Hello, I am a new user who used to be on these boards over a decade ago.  I recently have gotten back into 40k playing 5th edition and have built a Tyranid army using OOP models. 

However I have run into an issue I was hoping the community could help me with.  Do any of you remember the base sizes that came with particular models?  In particular the Hive Tyrant, Biovore, Carnifex and Parasite.  I have square bases but want to update the old models to round bases but am unsure which ones are the right bases for each model.

To anyone who can answer, Thanks!  And I hope this has been posted in the proper location.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Tyranids in 5th edition
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 10:37:43 AM »
Hello, I am a new user who used to be on these boards over a decade ago.  I recently have gotten back into 40k playing 5th edition and have built a Tyranid army using OOP models. 

However I have run into an issue I was hoping the community could help me with.  Do any of you remember the base sizes that came with particular models?  In particular the Hive Tyrant, Biovore, Carnifex and Parasite.  I have square bases but want to update the old models to round bases but am unsure which ones are the right bases for each model.

To anyone who can answer, Thanks!  And I hope this has been posted in the proper location.

Which OOP models were you using? base size changes depending on the generation.

I do know there never was a model for the Parasite, so there is no official base size for that.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline JimmyHat

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: March 6, 2021, 07:31:28 PM »
Well they don't have bases, so I am trying to match 5th edition bases.  I have the screamer killer Carnifexs but they are on square bases, no good for what I am trying to do.

I have 1st and 2nd edition biovores, would like to know the round bases for those.  Only interested in the round base sizes.  Thanks!

Hive Tyrant is 1st edition I think. 

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: March 7, 2021, 06:55:29 AM »
So, those are all on bases which no longer exist (rectangle/square bases).

In 5th edition, the Hive Tyrant and Carnifex were both on 60mm round bases, and the Biovore was on a 40mm round.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria