News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Custodian Guard next!  (Read 6602 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Custodian Guard next!
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2018, 06:04:05 PM »
Are these guys the 8th Ed Grey Knights (now that Grey Knights are Silver marines)?

OK, the minimum Shining Spear Squad with Exarch and Star LAnce is under 100pts, but the base stat line of an Eldar Shining Spear Jetbike is (shall we call it) PEQ.

These new Marines (not a Marine), have jetbikes, move almost as fast (what's an inch or two between friends), hit harder, more resilient, and they're Marines (still not Marines).

Release them as an army, fine, but do it AFTER the T'au, Orks, and/or Necrons. The last thing we need are more Marines (still not a Marines).

Everyone is going to get a book. How is the order so important? I play Custodian Guard, spent hundreads of dollars building an army, hours building and painting the force. I'm really upset that folks now feel they need to amphetamine parrot all over my faction, because it's not the codex they want to play.

I've been happy for each faction that has gotten a book so far, none of them are my faction, but every book adds to the game. More options and diversity.

If you want to have a toxic opinion of the factions in the game, fine, but keep it to yourself. Facebook is full of it, but there is no need to bring it here.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2018, 09:50:05 PM »
Are these guys the 8th Ed Grey Knights (now that Grey Knights are Silver marines)?

OK, the minimum Shining Spear Squad with Exarch and Star LAnce is under 100pts, but the base stat line of an Eldar Shining Spear Jetbike is (shall we call it) PEQ.

These new Marines (not a Marine), have jetbikes, move almost as fast (what's an inch or two between friends), hit harder, more resilient, and they're Marines (still not Marines).

Release them as an army, fine, but do it AFTER the T'au, Orks, and/or Necrons. The last thing we need are more Marines (still not a Marines).
You've come to the wrong place for sympathy, brother.  If anything, you are making our point.  A minimum squad of Shining Spears with Exarch and Star Lance is under 100pts.  I fully expect one of the Custodes bikers to cost 100pts minimum.

People seem to focus on the fact that it is a new faction being released, when what is actually happening is that they are making an army playable.  Yes, that's right.  I said playable.

Let's do a little challenge with the current rules I like to call "Who can make an army list in a single detachment."  And for the sake of fairness, let's use the three armies you referenced in addition to the Adeptus Custodes.  Tau, Orks, and Necrons all have complete lists that are fully capable of running a self-sufficient army out of their index.  The same can not be said for Custodes. 

Although, I am curious about two things.  1)  What is PEQ? and 2)  What is it about the Custodes that has you consistently calling them Marines when, aside from them being humans in armour, they are nothing alike to Marines.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2018, 10:24:18 PM »
PEQ = Primaris Equivalent.

I'm perfectly happy to see some of the fringe armies finally getting some love. When Tau get their turn I'll love them in return. It's not all about me, you know.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2018, 05:39:38 AM »
If you want to have a toxic opinion of the factions in the game, fine, but keep it to yourself. Facebook is full of it, but there is no need to bring it here.

Everyone is welcome to express an opinion, so long as it is within the rules of the forum here.  There are always different points of view about the game and releases, but let's debate those points, rather than say that alternative opinions are not allowed.  TheEldarGuy can critique the new release, if he wishes, and others, such as yourself, can argue the case for it, so let's keep going like that :).

My own opinion on this matter is that this new faction is not going to be an issue.  It's true that they are not my type of army, but I'm glad that others are interested in them.  Just like any other new army, there will be a lot of scrutiny and fuss made about them to start with.  It will all settle down over time though.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2018, 07:18:03 AM »
Going to just move on here.

Going by the reveals so far, my collection will contain the following.

3 shield captains (hq)

3 contemptor dreads (elites?)

1 vexillia (elites)

11 custodian guard (troops, enough for 3 squads).

2 land raiders.

I'm not sure how I'm going to fit in room for any of the new stuff.

I really want a squad of the terminators, they seem really cool and I love how they can split into individual units. The bikes as well are freaking amazing. But, I'll want double raiders for that ignore minuses to hit.

I guess I'll have to see how the points work out, and how I can try to fit everything in!

The twitch live stream said the bikes are 80pts without weapons, so they'll be easily 100-125pts each all decked out. The terminators I expect will be around the same.

I can't wait to see the codex. Going to try and get the limited edition one :-)

Post Merge: January 19, 2018, 10:41:53 AM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

Last day of teasers.

Adeptus Custodes Preview Part 5: Stratagems - Warhammer Community

These strategems look like a lot of fun. My favourites are avenge the fallen, and shoulder the burden. Both are super characterful. Lots of nostalgia with the grenades as well.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 10:41:53 AM by Killersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2018, 01:44:42 PM »
Nice to see some of the old Rogue Trader munitions coming back. Tau players aren't going to be huge fans of concussion grenades but them's the breaks.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

• Ancient
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2018, 02:25:14 PM »
Well, order the collectors edition and the data cards. Can't wait to get my hands on the book. Definitely want some of the jetbikes eventually too, but I'm curious to see where my existing models bring me first. I think it'll be very easy to get to 3000pts ha ha.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2018, 04:31:54 PM »
This looks like an awesome release. I'm sorely tempted to get some of these models and convert them for my DA. Particularly the Jetbikes (for a unique Samael) and one of the Termies for Belial. Just killer models and they look like a really cool army. Can't to see the models in person
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/