News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 list. Could this WORK  (Read 637 times)

Offline JL

• Its just a game relax, that's how the dice Roll
1850 list. Could this WORK
« on: July 24, 2005, 09:01:38 PM »
Hi all

HQ
1x Necron lord,
Viel of darkness, Ressurection orb.

1x Necron lord with destroyer body,
Warscythe, Nightmare shroud, lightning Field.

Troops
10x Warriors
10x Warriors
12x Warriors

Elites
10x Immortals

Fast Attack

4x destoryers

10x Scarabs Swarm

Heavy Support

1x Monolith

The lord with the destroyer body will join the Scarab swarms and jet bike up the table and start assault different unit around the table.
With the Lord join to the Scarab swarm he gets 30 wounds in the assault and for every wound the scarab swarm takes he get to use the lighting field..for an attack back.. with the Warscythe those hard to kill assaults units will start to chop up nicely.

i will uses the Lord with the Immortals and teleport them around the table and kill stuff..

If the deep strike rule is in effect i will deep Strike the monolith.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 09:04:26 PM by JL »

Offline Khulric

• Everyone's favorite lurker.
  • Armies: Necrons, Alpha Legion (everything)
Re: 1850 list. Could this WORK
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 10:02:04 PM »
Could be nifty...I like it a good deal, the only thing I am not sure that I like is the nightmare shroud...I don't remember what it does so it might be really useful to you.

It looks like a mobile and effective list.

Offline JL

• Its just a game relax, that's how the dice Roll
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 10:22:02 PM »
Nightmare shroud is great when playing armies with low leadership, i have use it with great sucess against Tau. it is there to if you are lucky they all fall back so you do not get swamped by to many troop.

the other thing, i like about the lord and Scarabs unit combo is that scarabs are fearless.
just keeps getting better

Offline splanckno

• supreme warlock of faolchu bhazhakkhaine
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 12:19:07 PM »
I LOVE the idea of the lightning field with the scarabs. But remember that the lord joining them will be acting like a separate unit in HTH, so be aware of the model he assaults

You should consider dropping the destroyers for 3 HD, because otherwise you have no AP2 weapons (except the central hole of the pie template)

Nothing is worth an eldar life, a non eldar life is worth nothing

"give me what I want, or we will all die, here and now"

Offline TheGreatAvatar

• H. A. A. W. G. S.
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 03:24:24 PM »
I LOVE the idea of the lightning field with the scarabs. But remember that the lord joining them will be acting like a separate unit in HTH, so be aware of the model he assaults

You should consider dropping the destroyers for 3 HD, because otherwise you have no AP2 weapons (except the central hole of the pie template)

What?  Give up 12 gauss shots for three???  No. I don't see this as a viable option.  Yes, AP2 weapons are cool and all but with the Necrons the more shots the better.  Remember, Necrons always wound on a 6.  Use HDestroyers to support Destroyers not replace them.

Offline Jet

• Major
  • CuZ Ima BadBoy
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 07:51:59 PM »
i also like the list.  the only thing i would worry about is losing all the destroyers in 1 round.  i would take out some warriors or immortals to add more destroyers.  then they can last longer.
"True Kings never die"