News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Show Your Dark Eldar (Pictures)  (Read 206177 times)

Offline blang86

• Woo!
    • Kabal of the Sixth Circle
Re: Show Your Dark Eldar (Pictures)
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2010, 09:40:48 AM »
@ Blang86

Indeed, that shading looks really nice. If I try inks someday I might test this one =)

As for the difference between warriors, I'd say it's because some have armours that have been made more recently, and that the scheme used in the factory is not the same ^^ Teheh, I already use it to justify the fact that I don't always do the mix of Warlock & Skull quite the same :P (Though that's justifiable fluffily as my Kabal is quite small so painting may be done by the warriors themselves).
The difference is very visible form what I can judge, seeing the picture but I don't think that is much of an issue.

Yes, I noticed you also have pink DE.  If you get sick of mixing warlock purple and skull white I'd recommend ordering some Vallejo paints.  They still make tentacle pink (squid pink for Vallejo).  Also, don't be afraid to use the GW washes.  They're less like an ink and more like a glaze.  A glaze is a little thicker and easier to control.  Their old inks just ran around all willy-nilly.

Thanks for the feedback guys.  I'll probably just phase out all my models when the new Dark Eldar stuff comes out anyways.  I will slowly have a uniform army...I hope...
Kabal of the Sixth Circle - Dark Eldar Project Log
http://sixth-circle.blogspot.com

Offline gbarrelhouse

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2010, 03:48:10 AM »
Well for those of you that like to have the Talos act like a fire magnet...  this guy will attract some attention!
I got it in a trade all beat-up, so that's why all the modifications.  He's heavily 'pinned', but I know he'll be a pain to put back together when he takes a fall.  Enough work that I think he'll be staying in my "new": dark eldar army when the models come out. 

Offline Host of the Tumultuous Storm

• My name + Host of the Tumultous Storm(Night Lords)
    • Team Snake Eyes
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2010, 03:53:11 AM »
i love what you've done with the metal parts. they look amazing and just the entire model itself is so cool, i really like your snake army design.
 i would also love to see your army as a whole at this point- we see occasional models but not whole squads or an overview, think you could get us a full pic at some point?

Offline 1DE666

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2010, 03:55:13 AM »
That is a very impressive Talos I must say. :D
"Not All Angels Wear White!"

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2010, 12:20:58 PM »
Absolutely stunning.

Just one point of critique.

At your current painting speed, it'll take years until you finish a playable DE army. ;D

Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline Da Skwire

• What do you mean...not an option anymore?
« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2010, 12:21:59 PM »
Bloody awesome! :o Any chance of a picture of your full army?

Da Skwire
Kabal of the Twisted Soul

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #126 on: July 16, 2010, 12:37:04 PM »
Though it's a weird concept (snake talos that is), the model is just WOW (no words good enough to describe it)

but I know he'll be a pain to put back together when he takes a fall.  Enough work that I think he'll be staying in my "new": dark eldar army when the models come out.
Yeah, a talos will always fall, it's such a pain, during a battle, while movign to another house...it's inevitable.

I also fear that the talos might change so much, it won't be usuable or certainly won't be the same. The talos is one of those units I fear will change so much.
The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.

Offline Robin de Tolens

• Commorragh's Hair Stylist
  • Behold, lessser races, for you face your Doom now!
« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2010, 09:26:15 AM »
Haha, funny how I stumbled upon this pic just yesterday on coolminiornot and thought "Hey, he hasn't shown us yet !" :D (I had been in vacation for a few days and hadn't been on the forum)

Trully awesome work, this scheme is just stunning, as usual. Keep up the good work =)
Rapid Fire - You don't need to be a better shot, you just need to fire more splinters!

Slaves? No... your women, your elder, your sons will be slaves! But you... by midnight this day, you will be raped men. - Blooded Rose motto

Kabal of the Blooded Rose (W/D/L) : 2/0/0
Latest slaves : 1 Chaos Terminator & 1 Havoc

Kabal of the Blooded Rose's stories

Offline Host of the Tumultuous Storm

• My name + Host of the Tumultous Storm(Night Lords)
    • Team Snake Eyes
« Reply #128 on: July 28, 2010, 01:34:13 PM »
so i finally chose a color scheme and am getting around to painting my models, you should all be happy to know! ;D

First here's my most recently converted model.. just a hellion i got in a trade and some chaos tank bits + warrior blades.  Wasn't hard, but its now my dracite / succubus depending on what list i use.

Here are 3 of my raiders, painted up new scheme wise.  i do intend to pull the driver off of the one raider that has one.. i just don't like how they look.  you'll note that on one of the raiders i tore off that end piece entirely and made my own..

And here are 3 warrior squads.  they aren't completely finished, but mostly.  i think theres like 5 guys left, maybe 6 or 7.

the Hair squad: My personal favorite... the blaster model is one of my favorite models in the army, and the sybarite has the dark eldar version of a chainsword :P

Here's the spike squad.. yea, im differentiating my squads given the heads.  the hair chick in the back is just till i buy another warrior box ;)

And everyone else.  again, hair chick is just a place holder.  things of note for this squad: in it are two of my most (in this area) notorious models.  The warrior who used to be my drazhar (now splinter cannon) and the warrior who went like 8 rounds of combat with a blood angel assault marine and didn't die.  The sybarite in this squad was built from a raider driver when i realized i needed one more warrior to complete my 1500(1700) point army for an upcoming tourny.. im not completely happy with how he came out, but it isn't horrible

I'll be finishing these guys up in a few days, then i need to do my two sniper squads... finish some wyches, and strip and redo my ravagers!

Offline hellowutsup5

« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2010, 06:43:41 PM »
Hey im way new haven't even started my army yet, i see a lot of DE here that i dont see on the games workshop website, why? and why do you call them kabal? :o
"As for the Dark Eldar, Pray They Don't Take You Alive."

Offline Rems

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2010, 07:35:16 PM »
GW has been slowly discontinuing the line, perhaps in preparation of a new codex and model range. Most should still be there online though, your probably just seeing some conversions and thinking they are actual models.

Kabals are what dark eldar commonly organise into, think of it like a gang or clan.

Offline yergerjo

• Prey, we will take you alive.
« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2010, 08:09:41 PM »
Many of the models here come from other ranges, such as Warhammer Fantasy Dark Elves.

Kabal is similar to Chapter for Marines or Cadre for Tau. It's just the designation for organized groups of Dark Eldar.

Many DE models went to direct order over the past long while, most of the models may still be found in the green Citadel catalog.

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2010, 05:41:20 AM »
Don't forget that quite many DE minis in this thread were converted for more variation and / or uniqueness.

You will never see those minis in any GW shop ... online or otherwise.
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline muppet

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Dark Eldar Raiders
« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2010, 07:47:30 PM »
Thought I'd post up my Raiders that make up my latest 1750pt army that is about to be used at a tourny here in NZ. I have just recently made magnetic bases for all of these craft using a "Unimag" magnet which is a simular to the magnetix range of child's toys.

My list also includes 2 Talos which are not pictured here as they imploded while I was fixing them up to be used on a magnetic base.

Also a couple of close ups of the Raiders, I have single pics of all but I guess there is no need to post all of them here.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 07:53:46 PM by muppet »

Offline yergerjo

• Prey, we will take you alive.
« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2010, 10:09:09 AM »

Beautiful Skull on the Prow!

Offline blang86

• Woo!
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2010, 07:11:02 PM »
@muppet: Yes, please tell how you made that awesome skull.  Is it green stuff?

Here's what I've been up to:

More at my blog: http://sixth-circle.blogspot.com/2010/08/dark-eldar-incubi-complete.html

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #136 on: August 24, 2010, 08:16:50 AM »
I would use some brighter thin highlights on the edges to make the dark pop out of the incubi, and also one small detail : a little hole in the T helmet (just a black spot) it is a gun after all...
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Offline blang86

• Woo!
« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2010, 02:17:11 PM »
Yeah you found my weakness - details.  I can't paint gems, barrel holes, accessories.  I know it's a necessary step towards improve to the next level.  Heck, I'm lucky to get the eyes done.

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2010, 04:19:01 PM »
Oh no, be confident, you're an excellent painter, I'm surprised to see you say you have a hard time with the eyes. Gems, well you had the guide, they don't look bad, though I would have picked a different color, pink maybe.

Just another layer on the current , very thin highlights, some white + color you used ,untill you get a very bright color, apply thin line on the edges and the minis will look flawless.

Also purely personal, but you might like it (or not)  the skulls I would paint them in white or in skull color.

Offline muppet

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #139 on: August 26, 2010, 05:49:08 AM »
@muppet: Yes, please tell how you made that awesome skull.  Is it green stuff?

Yes it is green stuff, first I made up 1mm thick sheet of greenstuff and once dried cut out the shape of the skull.

From there I build up the skull into a 3D object, I was new to greenstuff so it took about 6 days to complete (mainly due to dry times)

BTW: Your Incubi look GREAT! I loooove Incubi
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 05:50:56 AM by muppet »