News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tau Airplanes  (Read 1354 times)

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
Re: Tau Airplanes
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2005, 06:43:52 PM »
I cant finded my imperial amour at the moment. Its on the page with super heavy flyer catastrofic damage table. It not as good as it sounds you have to see were it crashes and it only happens on a Certian roll. but it makes scences. Many ton's of aircraft traveling at speed of sound when it crasses nothing can survie. The rules are a bit iffy hear, at the stores i play we have decided that partial models can move out, any thing covered is destoryed. it hurts you just as much them i've just been lucky for now

Unfortunately the Super Heavy Flyer damage tables have no such thing. The "huge explosion" roll mentions that units on the ground are not affected and the crash roll allows all affected units to make an unmodified saving roll. There is no "go boom, all die" option.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Lanfeix

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2005, 08:13:35 PM »
It dose mention the crash mentions that the models for the body of the crash craft are damaged. It doesnt metion models under the said craft. We intrepet the rules that way because it become silly if you let model move completly out of the way. Thought I think all tanks should have grinding as stander even skimmers any one who say they will droop down look at 4X4 and you see that you could get under that car fine but it still killes more than hatch back you cant Speed kills. Flyers even if you play with out that their still amassing. Their is only one ritten rule for intanst kill which is the titan killer rule but it is optional. thought i preffer playimg with optional rules because it silly that a carnflex can survie the blast of volcano cannon.

If YOU want to take part in the 40konline Tournament then just click on this banner

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2005, 08:28:43 PM »
Some day there will be war crimes tribunals for people, such as you, who abuse the English language in that manner.   :D

There is a possibility of wounding for units on the ground when a super heavy flyer crashes. It is not automatic and it is not certain death. I don't find it unrealistic that someone on the ground will attempt to avoid being crushed by a falling aircraft. If you have house rules against this then good for you.

Please don't confuse new players by trying to claim house rules as standard. It leads to confusion and reflects badly on any advice you try to give later on.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.