News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: C'Tan Shard Powers  (Read 2378 times)

Offline Cidias

• 2-3, Still learning
C'Tan Shard Powers
« on: February 3, 2013, 10:14:16 PM »
Hey all,

My room mate got me into the game and he's a necron player. While looking at his codex we noticed that the C'tan entry says "Must take two powers", does this mean that he can ONLY take two? Or can he take as many as he has points for? The errata doesn't say either way so we came here for the consensus.

Offline prot

• Infinity Circuit | KoN Veteran
  • Prot ZA113
Re: C'Tan Shard Powers
« Reply #1 on: February 4, 2013, 09:07:55 AM »
No one has answered you but I gotta be honest it's been forever since I looked at C'tan powers. They aren't very popular. The one I remember trying the most is the one that makes all terrain difficult, and difficult terrain into dangerous. I tried mixing that with Crypteks with Tremorstave.

I'm pretty sure you can only go up to two powers. What are you thinking of doing with him?

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #2 on: February 4, 2013, 11:51:23 AM »
Well, if you took more than two powers, you haven't followed the rule that it must take two powers.

If you take 3, then you haven't taken 2. If you take 1, then you haven't taken 2. You must take 2, to take 2. :)

Offline travisb7

• Ork Boy
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 08:29:40 AM »
Well, if you took more than two powers, you haven't followed the rule that it must take two powers.

If you take 3, then you haven't taken 2. If you take 1, then you haven't taken 2. You must take 2, to take 2. :)

I do not have the Necron codex, so I can't comment on whether or not you can take more than two powers, but your logic is flawed here. If I have three apples, I ALSO have two and one apples. If I take three powers, I HAVE taken two, I've just taken one more. Math logic is pretty straight forward about this. Three is not a separate entity from two, it is just a representation of two with an additional one, while two is a representation for multiple "ones," or single units. Yay math!

Otherwise, if the entry says "Must take two" instead of "must take at least two," then it is a no more, no less than two deal.

-Travis

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 12:39:40 PM »
@ Travis:

You quoted my reply, and in Bold I quoted the Necron Codex. That part that says the C'tan must take two powers?

My logic is flawless.

The codex is written such that n = 2, where n represents the number of powers a C'tan shard must take. The codex is not written such that n > or = 2.

[mod]Edited, Lets play nice please. ~Senso[/mod]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 06:48:29 PM by Kaiju Senso »

Offline croggy

• Loota
  • ...to burn or not to burn...
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 01:11:18 PM »
must take two is not must take at least two

greatbigtree is correct

back on subject

theres loads of different combinations that can catch your opponent out and cause alot of annoyance but none of them are massively effective i wish they did not put the must take two rule in 

Offline Idaho

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 05:58:13 AM »
I'm thinking Pyre Shards is a great choice. Much of 40K is on foot now so having a C'tan able to have an effect even if unable to charge for a while.