News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Blood Angels  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Thrawn.

• Pathfinder
  • Ancient
  • Keep running.
Blood Angels
« on: August 2, 2002, 02:34:10 PM »
After converting my farely small black templars army (where can you get an emperors champion?) to blood angels, the big cheese. I have no idea what to get for an eldar killing 2000pt army.

I already have 25 marines
3 bikes
1 reg speeder
8 termies (heavy flamer and CML)
command squad
force commander
5 scouts (4 sniper rifles and heavy bolter)

I am willing to not field some of the units

Please Post your ideas

I have the flag.

I hate noobs. I hate vets. I hate those that hate. I hate hypocrites.

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
Re:Blood Angels
« Reply #1 on: August 2, 2002, 05:39:58 PM »
Hm. What kind of Eldar army will you be facing?

I recommend at least 750 points worth of Tactical Marines (so buy more of those). Bolter fire destroys Eldar Guardians.

Use your bikers to flank units, and use your land speeder to take out any Dark Reapers he has.

Use your Scouts to try and slow down any Banshees he has.

Use your Terminators to face any Striking Scorpions, but beware of Banshees.

I don't want to draw up your army list for you...but those are some ideas.

Offline Pat Khils

• Phantom Lord
  • Ancient
  • Silent Night, Bodom Night
    • Anton's Vault
« Reply #2 on: August 2, 2002, 07:17:39 PM »
I suggest thoes pesky asult squads, they hate em trust trust me.  I have a blood angel army, asult all the way and lots of marines in rhinos. I do pretty good.

s i m a n o v: portfolio | deviant art

Offline Tycho

• BEEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • My 40k Site (still lots to to be done)
« Reply #3 on: August 7, 2002, 11:58:45 AM »
you should get corbulo or tycho or mostly a death company.  death company are so the best in close combat.  ;D  that sould help you alot against eldar.  iv fought eldar many times and the death company always serve me well.  couple of them should have power weapons.  to show you how good they are my death company have killed avatar (if on the board) nearly every time
"The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh. Iron in mind and body. Hail the Machine!"

Offline Tycho

• BEEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • My 40k Site (still lots to to be done)
« Reply #4 on: August 7, 2002, 11:59:20 AM »
hope that helps  ;)
"The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh. Iron in mind and body. Hail the Machine!"

Offline Pat Khils

• Phantom Lord
  • Ancient
  • Silent Night, Bodom Night
    • Anton's Vault
« Reply #5 on: August 9, 2002, 01:17:29 PM »

you should get corbulo or tycho or mostly a death company.  death company are so the best in close combat.  ;D  that sould help you alot against eldar.  iv fought eldar many times and the death company always serve me well.  couple of them should have power weapons.  to show you how good they are my death company have killed avatar (if on the board) nearly every time

I dont usually field death company just so the opponent shuts up and quit saying I'm cheap (I kick his arse anyway), but when I do once in a while, they serve me well too. Like this one time my whole assult squad died and one death comp. dude was still alive he lasted 4 turns in close combat with striking scorp[ions, oh god that was funny.

s i m a n o v: portfolio | deviant art

Offline LehmanRuss

• Has a Custom Title
  • Hey, you mess with the Bull, you get the Horns.
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2002, 01:03:27 PM »

Hm. What kind of Eldar army will you be facing?

I recommend at least 750 points worth of Tactical Marines (so buy more of those). Bolter fire destroys Eldar Guardians.

Use your bikers to flank units, and use your land speeder to take out any Dark Reapers he has.

Use your Scouts to try and slow down any Banshees he has.

Use your Terminators to face any Striking Scorpions, but beware of Banshees.

I don't want to draw up your army list for you...but those are some ideas.

Sparq, I'm not bashing you, but I'm really curious as to why you're so scared of banshees.  I've never seen them fielded in a way where they make their points against my marines.

I guess I just remember their power in 2nd ed, and in this ed, they're not even close to being as strong as back then.  Anything that's weaker than it used to be don't worry me when it comes to planning.
We've been run down every hill.  Chased up all the dead end streets.  But if you try to cut us out, you'll get a kick in the teeth!

There's only two ways this can end, and in both of them, you die.

[img]http://www.ultinomicon.com/images/ultbigbanner.jpg[/i

Offline Vengalion

• My gun is my tool your DEATH is my creation!
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2002, 07:28:42 PM »
Hey somthing about the Death company.They are extremly good for their points
Dont forget that they count as normal space marines
(Well exept some have been taken from the term. squad or the bikes then you
have problem).
So  
i recomment do not take any bikes or temin only mares with vet.sarg just for
having some power weap.In the other hand you should get some P.fist to your
marines and Assult weapons[FLAMERS-melta...]

I have BA too but i do some Other thinks too.
Honor guard is the top on my list With Sang.HIGH.priest and a doc.some power w. and then
the blood begins to SPLIT  ;D ::) ;D

Offline death_kidzzz

• get BENT!!
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2002, 12:35:48 AM »
Lots of tact. squads and a dev. squad to take out the big vehicles.

Death company rule!!!

Death.
Life is long,
But Death is longer

Offline Chi no Tenshi

• Erstens kommt es anders, zweitens als man denkt.
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2002, 04:43:06 AM »
I don't use Dev. Squads in my BA Army. Coz they could start running into the foe in the false moment. Could be bad luck if they head for cc instead of shooting away the big vehicles. I would use Dreads instead. Even if they start running into the foe they still can fire the 2 heavy weapons. I allready got a Dread with sync. Machinecannons and Missile Launcher. Very good against light armored vehicles! And works against tough creatures to. But another dread will come as soon as possible. Maybe sync. Lascannon and Missile Launcher for the realy hard cases...
'The Red Thirst is the Blood Angels' darkest secret and greatest curse, but it is also their greatest salvation, for it brings with it a humility and understanding of their own failings which make the Blood Angels the most truly noble of Legion Astartes'