News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: I have been converted...... from GW colour to Vallejo colour  (Read 520 times)

Offline GHX

• Smells like teen spirit
    • Anime 2024
The other day, i started to paint a fire dragon, in an experimental scheme, red undercoat, green and yellow armour, n blue n gold details, now when i dun the green, i found a vallejo green paint in my box, so i mixed this with my dark angels green, to layer the colour, and the colour i got was so gr8, i think that i will now use mainly vallejo paints, even though they can be hard to get where i live. What paints does everyone else prefer, and why, and also, what would people say is the best paint, i feel it is vallejo, as models i have seen painted like this always have a certain colour quality that just looks so good.
Armies so far
1500 thousand sons
1000 death guard
3000 blood angels
1000 kroot
1000 harlies

toal = too many armies, but i jus cant stop.....

Offline pstafallen

Re: I have been converted...... from GW colour to Vallejo colour
« Reply #1 on: April 4, 2004, 02:37:37 PM »
Most proper painters use Vallejo over GW. (although some prefer other brands).
GW paints are harder to achieve even coverage with and the stupid pots piss people off a lot.

The only advantages of GW are easy accessibility, and the fact that it does good reds.

P.

Offline Capamaru

• I talk England very best...
« Reply #2 on: April 4, 2004, 06:05:39 PM »
Vallejo paints are great and the range of colors is sooo much greater than GW's. Although some vallejo paints suxx (some metallics are hard to use) most of them are really really good. Switching to vallejo paints is a good idea. :)
Diplomacy is the art of saying Nice Doggy until you can find a rock...

Offline Mosch

• 49 20 72 6f 63 6b 2e
« Reply #3 on: April 5, 2004, 10:34:03 AM »
<- Vallejo User, too

Especially the bottle is nice, you waste nearly no paint at all, much better than Citadel Bottles. When my girlfriend started painting, I told her at once to use Vallejo. She did and after about three months, she started to use Citadel so she would not have to use a pallet. Another month later she compared her figs and converted back (mainly) :D
Nö wë hävë ümläüts, wë jüst dön't knöw höw tö üsë thëm.

Offline Rev. George

• Armies: Eldar
« Reply #4 on: April 5, 2004, 07:28:16 PM »
anyone know where to get the empty vallejo bottles? Like for custom mixing of colours (or funneling GW paints into them?)

-+G

Offline Gareth

« Reply #5 on: April 7, 2004, 06:24:04 AM »
You can buy Vallejo paints from www.nugaming.co.uk with free postage.

Offline ArmyOfPenguins

• ^ You DARE insult my hair?!
« Reply #6 on: April 8, 2004, 07:06:18 PM »
I use vallejo, mostly because that's the only thing my local games store carries! Oh yeah they have GW inks though...
=)

Offline Knighty.

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2004, 03:23:08 PM »
I've just ordered some vallejo paints from www.nugaiming.com as I've heard good things about them.  If they're nice I'll probably but the whole range for the special offer price.

Shameless plug: incidently, the Space wolf terminators you can see on Nick's website were painted by me :) (using GW paints)