News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: TAU TACTICS aganist DH  (Read 999 times)

Offline -Captain Krash-

• Don't Quit men WE WILL Hold THIS DAMN HILL!!!!!!!!
TAU TACTICS aganist DH
« on: January 28, 2004, 05:12:32 PM »
SO i asked myself what could Tau possibly to to combat Deamon hunters terminatiors deep striking apon me. How can i counter this or react when i happens. I have just about every tau model so it's ok to tell me what to use ok thanks.
-Captain Krash-
Always charge a warboss if he blew up your Chimera and you lost 2 out of 5 men in the Hq platoon squad. Thats how he got his name Crash he was a Lieutenant then but once he charged the warboss and killed it he was promoted to CAPTAIN.So now ever sence his men call him CAPTAIN KRASH

Offline FleshLord

• ! 83 83773r 74@n J00!!!!111!!SHIFT!!1!!ONE!!1
Re: TAU TACTICS aganist DH
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 06:08:58 PM »
Well well, termies...

Well this is actually easy, Have a group of crisis suits with plasma rifles and fusion blasters. In the end they go down just as easily as normal temies. Otherwise, you could try rapid fire warriors.

Let's say you got 12 in rapid fire range:

24 shots.

12 hits.

8 wounds.

1-2 dead termies.  then you move your gun drones in and hope to god they stay more than a round...
Bi-and lovin' it...

Offline Teh Preacher

• Baby Got Back
    • Lehigh University Gaming Club
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 09:36:05 PM »
Couldn't agree more.  Just shoot them as much as you possibly can, preferably with the weapons that deny armor saves, i.e. Railguns, Rail Rifles, Ion Cannon, Plasma Rifles, or Fusion Blaster.  They're a pain but it's really the only way to handle them.
The 13th Cadre of Vior'la 2005 Record
1 Victory -- 5 Losses -- 0 Draws

Vs. Orks: 0-2-0
Vs. Chaos: 1-0-0
Vs. Eldar: 0-1-0
Vs. Space Marines: 0-2-0

Offline Azzmodais

• Die-die man/elf/green/bug/lizard/dwarf - things!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 02:09:49 AM »
Ion cannons dont ignore termie armour, but you shouldnt have a problem with deep striking GK termies.

Keep your army close together and dont give them terrain to use to hide when they deep strike in. Sure, they can fire, but thats not the worry: the worry is assault, and they cant do that the turn they deep strike.

I played a 1k point game against deathwing.  Two squads deep striiked in one turn. Out of the 11 termies, one was left standing, his commander, who was killed after he couldnt persue the FW squad he persured and my shas'el (sh'utor sch'ank =p) melted him with his t/l fusion blasters.

just take some suits with plasma rifles, and be paranoid and in position every turn: buy the multi tracker on your tanks and keep them moving so theyre hard to get at

another strat is to devide your army into a number of spread out groups, each concisting of at least one crisis team and some fire warriors. Use the above tactics (melt them the turn the DS), and then theyre left with a huge expanse to footslog through while you shoot them up.

take full advantage of the termie innability to sweep (volantary fallbacks can spell doom for termies. much doom.)
Half the lies I tell are not true

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
  • For the greater good!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2004, 11:04:23 AM »
Well in a tourney i played recently i beat a DH list 1000 points using 3 crisis (commander/bodyguard) 24 FW 20 kroot 8 drones and a hammerhead its relativly easy as he cant gaurentee when his guys are coming in by DS and the amount of firepower a tau army can poor on is amazing focus on each unit one at a time and you wont have much left alive.
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
My enemies call me Mr Wilson
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'
'Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6'
'I love being a writer; I just dont like the paper work'
'Don't make me angry, you wont like it when im angry'