News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tank bustas!  (Read 1851 times)

Offline Belgarion85

• CHECK OUT MY HOMEPAGE!
    • My homepage!!!
Tank bustas!
« on: October 16, 2002, 01:14:25 PM »
Hi again. My thirt topic in the SoB forum! (yay).

I was planing on using a imperial gardsmen (10x) and a lascannon.

And 9sisters with (4 multi meltas in it)

But then I read someone that said that multi-meltas suck because of their short range. and I was thinking the same just before... So , the question here is. WHAT SHALL I USE TO TAKE OUT TANKS???
Plz help me here. Need somethink that shoots. I´m going to have 10 seraphims w/Melta bombs but they are very short ranged (lol).
"A Traitor can never be forgiven. A Traitor will never find peace in this world or the next. There is nothing as wretched or as hated in all the world as a Traitor."

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
Re:Tank bustas!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2002, 11:25:26 PM »
The stuff that has been circling around is

1. IG command section with Lascannon.
Pros: Cheap, total of 65 points for all of it. Lascannon
Cons: BS3, Only one squad in your average army since you need a Sister HQ and Retiniue.
Only 5 man with Flakarmor is really vulnerable.

2. IG squad with Lascannon.
Pros: Lascannon, takes more beating than most of your other options.
Cons: A 10 man squad for just 1 lascannon? Expensive 90 points for a measly BS3 lascannon and shockabsorber.
Only one squad in your average army since you need a Sister HQ and Retiniue.

3. IG veteran squad
Pros: BS4 Lascannon.
Cons: Costs alot, is very vulnerable with only 5 men and very expensive with 10.

4. Redemptionists with Autocannons and redemptor priest.
Pros: Can take alot of beating, are available in large groups as they are standard troop choices, cannot be broken before the priest is dead. Acts of Faith.
Cons: Can't touch AV14 viechles.

5. Exorcist Tank
Pros: EXTREMELY powerful weapon. The exorcist launcher BEATS the Eldar Pulselaser in terms of sheer firepower..even if it's not AP2. Can Move and fire.
Cons: Expensive, Vulnerable and won't surivive long if the enemy knows what it is.

That is what you have for long range AT power.

And you have no lack for Short range anti-tank powers as you have Dominions and Seraphim plus a WHOLE lot of meltaguns.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline Archon Xanath

• RTFM
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2002, 01:53:45 AM »
Don't forget fearless Redemptionists w/ 4 Chainfists.

Celestians with a Multimelta in a Rhino can be effective, as they're BS4, and mobile.  They can spend a turn or two getting to a good firing position for the MM.  They work quite nicely in slowing down a "Rhino Rush" army.

AX

Order of the Wolf

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2002, 01:05:16 AM »
The stuff that has been circling around is

1. IG command section with Lascannon.
Pros: Cheap, total of 65 points for all of it. Lascannon
Cons: BS3, Only one squad in your average army since you need a Sister HQ and Retiniue.
Only 5 man with Flakarmor is really vulnerable.

2. IG squad with Lascannon.
Pros: Lascannon, takes more beating than most of your other options.
Cons: A 10 man squad for just 1 lascannon? Expensive 90 points for a measly BS3 lascannon and shockabsorber.

3. IG veteran squad
Pros: BS4 Lascannon.
Cons: Costs alot, is very vulnerable with only 5 men and very expensive with 10.

What do u mean??? They don't take any slots up on the Force Organisation chart, so apart from points cost, u can have as many as u have Sister Famulous.

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2002, 01:09:32 AM »
And didn't I say just that?

You need a HQ retinue for a sister famulous and only 1 Sister famulous per retinue.
Your Average Sister army doesn't have more than 1 HQ retinue.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline FrozenFury

• Demon llama! Demon llama where?!
    • The Zone
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2002, 10:19:07 PM »
You can always just get 4 Multi Meltas in a Retributer squad, and throw 'em in a Rhino.  It's a quick way to get in range with the meltas (just make sure you've got smoke launchers...).
A word to the wise is useless.  It's the stupid ones that need the advice!

If electrons make electricity, then to morons make morality?...

Volren

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2002, 09:17:59 PM »
I personally think multi-meltas belong either on Dreads or Land Speeders. Giving an infantry soldier a 'move or shoot' weapon with 24" range is kinda ridiculous.

You could try the Rhino tactic, but if your opponent has some tanks on his side, feel sure that it will have 'target' written all over it.

Offline Belgarion85

• CHECK OUT MY HOMEPAGE!
    • My homepage!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2002, 04:27:36 PM »
There are such hard choises here.... Multi melatas is in my opinion not good enough. 24" not able to mowe and shoot for those points??? Why cant sisters have any long range weapon with good strength??? I would be sattisfied if retributioners could have missile launcers for 10-15pts each  :(
"A Traitor can never be forgiven. A Traitor will never find peace in this world or the next. There is nothing as wretched or as hated in all the world as a Traitor."