News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: City Fight **WIP** (Pic heavy)  (Read 4603 times)

Offline PIN_H34D

• we kill, because we can
City Fight **WIP** (Pic heavy)
« on: April 2, 2009, 02:29:43 PM »
im going to make a city for my sisters to fight in... ill post pics as i do more, its a 4X4 table, ill post pics as the city progresses, here it is so far:

« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 08:26:34 PM by PIN_H34D »
Murder, death, that is my entertainment

Offline Raven

Re: City Fight
« Reply #1 on: April 2, 2009, 04:11:17 PM »
I think this would be best in the terrain forum to be honest. A city is a city, regardless of the army you play.

Also, I think censoring your background posters might be a plan, before they offend someone ;)

Other than that, its coming along well, keep building.

Offline Gornon

• Emperor's Quill | I... I just don't want to talk about it
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: April 2, 2009, 05:13:43 PM »
I agree with Raven, about the posters, even though that much skin is regularly shown on TV or seen at the beach.  I'll go ring a mod to toss this in the terrain section.

Other than that issue, though, it looks good.  My gaming group has a similar project going on.  It should be fun for Sisters to fight in the city.  After all, that is where they usually fight, background-wise.  Most heresy tends to be in a city; nexus of power and corruption and all that.
"Lift not my head from bloody ground,
Bear not my body home,
For all the earth is Roman earth
And I shall die in Rome."
-G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad Of The White Horse

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-Carl von Clausewitz, Prussian Military Theorist

Background Board Poster of the Year, '09

Offline PIN_H34D

« Reply #3 on: April 2, 2009, 06:28:32 PM »
yeah sorry about the posters, i didnt think about that... its the guys room (we play warhammer in there mainly and poker every week, just the guys) the rest of the pictures i post ill try to sensor them a little bit more i tried to keep the really bad ones out of the pic... i cant wait till its done...

and im aloser... im thinking about making a strip club ruin (i figure there is one in every city) and shrink pics down and put them up like posters... a friend of mine gave me the idea... have the stage and some of the poles in tact... i think thats would be kindof neat...

Offline PIN_H34D

« Reply #4 on: April 2, 2009, 09:53:55 PM »
ok i finally finished the crater (the pink hole from above ) here is what it looks like now... man i cant whate till this is done... i want to play on it so bad...

Offline Gornon

• Ancient
« Reply #5 on: April 2, 2009, 10:56:55 PM »
and im aloser... im thinking about making a strip club ruin (i figure there is one in every city) and shrink pics down and put them up like posters... a friend of mine gave me the idea... have the stage and some of the poles in tact... i think thats would be kindof neat...

One of my gaming group's city terrain has something similar with small posters some of pinup women, some of the Imperium's symbols put on Axis or Soviet flags, along with WW2 recruitment posters made into Imperial ones.

It actually adds to the city; makes it look more real.  I can see the Imperium splatting propaganda posters everywhere on a besieged city.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2009, 11:36:35 PM by Gornon »
Bear not my body home,

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-Carl von Clausewitz, Prussian Military Theorist

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #6 on: April 2, 2009, 11:22:37 PM »
The posters are a bit creepy, but otherwise display no naughty bits so are fine.

What isn't fine is the double-post, PIN_H34D, you should use the Modify button to merge the two posts and delete the remainder.

This is going to Terrain.  The board looks pretty good so far, will the pieces be glued to the board?
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline PIN_H34D

« Reply #7 on: April 2, 2009, 11:30:00 PM »
yes and no.. im going to make the full board, but with clear areas that the building that suposed to go there is the only one that fits there is using this terrain... that way if we are gonna play a bigger game or dont whant to play on it we just pull off the buildings and no problem, and while playing on it the buildings wont be able to move bk the clear areas are going to be lower than everything els...

srry bout the double post
« Last Edit: April 3, 2009, 09:54:36 PM by PIN_H34D »

Offline PIN_H34D

Re: City Fight **WIP**
« Reply #8 on: April 3, 2009, 10:02:28 PM »
hey guys... i hate being here in the modeling fourm... dusent seem like there is as much trafic here... oh well... if anyone cares here is an update on the city

dont mind the glue in the building... during the drybrushing i knocked out the straws by accident, so i had to glue them back in

(Edit: Accidentally posted same pic 2X it was sup to be a shot of the whole thing)
« Last Edit: April 3, 2009, 11:06:12 PM by PIN_H34D »

Offline Gornon

• Ancient
« Reply #9 on: April 3, 2009, 10:18:18 PM »
It looks great so far.  Nice bombed out look.  Am I seeing snow in the building?  If so, kudos.  For some reason, I like snow + ruined city.  Stalingrad look, ya know?

I know how you were talking about the strip club, but you know what might be fun?  A wrecked school or day care.  Nothing says grimdark like place where once children played ruined by war.
Bear not my body home,

Offline PIN_H34D

« Reply #10 on: April 3, 2009, 10:55:28 PM »
i plan on making it as real as i can, with a school, strip club, some kind of grocery store, a shopping area (vegetable booths, meet boots, ect.) i whant it to look & feel like a real city... thats not snow, the flash on my camera kindof makes it look like that, its suposed to be wrecked concreat, but the whole map will have the same look like that... i wish my pianting skills went beond spraying with textured ceiling paint, spraying it black, then dry brushing it...

Offline NewHeretic

• Same Heretic, New God | Ork Boy
« Reply #11 on: April 4, 2009, 10:37:26 PM »
The scratch-built buildings look very good.

Now, for a very realistic version of a grim future, put the strip club right next to the elementary school building.  Have the school completely destroyed, but have the bombed strip club building have repaired tables and chairs set back up like it's being used by the troops stationed in the area.  You can buy miniature bottles, cups, chairs, tables, etc. online.  They make them for hobbyists that build dollhouses and train dioramas as realistically as possible.

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

NewHeretic, forum policeman.

Offline PIN_H34D

« Reply #12 on: April 4, 2009, 11:55:24 PM »
The scratch-built buildings look very good.

thx man

Now, for a very realistic version of a grim future, put the strip club right next to the elementary school building.  Have the school completely destroyed, but have the bombed strip club building have repaired tables and chairs set back up like it's being used by the troops stationed in the area.  You can buy miniature bottles, cups, chairs, tables, etc. online.  They make them for hobbyists that build dollhouses and train dioramas as realistically as possible.

NewHeretic

you know... i kindof like that idea...

right now im putting together some kindof tower... i dont know, i just randomly started putting together cutup cardboard and it started going somewhere... im gonna have a solid gold pyramid (with no textured paint on it) on top of it, not really shure what its going to be but it will look cool, ill post a pic when its fully built ready to be painted, i was drunk and decided to put things together (yes alcohol + model knife = bad things, but i still have all my fingers)...

oh if anyone has easy ways to make ladders and/or stares (a cheap way) if you could post that it would be awesome... what i have been doing (its a little getto but i have been putting toothpicks together to look like a ladder, then drowning them in glue, then after its dry, just using my model knife to cut away the glue in the center... it came out good but seems like a waist of glue...

i took some of those copper poles that you use to make better mounts for flying things (in my case my serphims) what was left over i cut into little peaces and im gonna scatter them around in select areas (i have little grenades from my friends CSM sprues) to look like bullet casings... might look kindof cool...
« Last Edit: April 5, 2009, 01:48:22 PM by PIN_H34D »

Offline PIN_H34D

« Reply #13 on: April 8, 2009, 12:32:53 PM »
here is an update on the terrain... sorry about the models on the table, my firends whanted to play a game, and i forgot to take normal pix, but here are the new things i have done to it...

i accidentally got too much ash on it, more than i whanted... but i think it still looks ok

and the lower with the golden pyramid on it (i whanted something that stood out and looked different... and the metal shingle fortifacation (its gonna be metal/rust colors), and the necron christals (my friends request, i whant them to be in the city tho, i think they look awsome, ill probably paint some of them like normal Christals  just because i think they look cool

then this, i whanted one really big building that took up alot of space... so here this is... (all that debree in it isnt gonna be there only some ofit, i just started cutting up the leftover cardboard and didnt know what to put it in to hold onto it for now... ) its not done tho, i have a few pringle cans for fallen smoke stacks i whant to put in there...
« Last Edit: April 8, 2009, 12:40:08 PM by PIN_H34D »

Offline PIN_H34D

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 03:22:48 AM »
if anyne cares... here is an update.. i have textured the base

Offline PIN_H34D

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2009, 08:17:28 AM »
sorry about not putting more pix.. i have been really busey with work lately... ill have more pics soon..., (the other side of the board is almost completely done texture wise... and i have a few more buildings almost done too.. hopefully in a few days ill have the pics up)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 08:20:59 AM by PIN_H34D »

Offline Sheepz

• Marshal: The beatings will continue until discipline improves!
  • Ancient
  • Getting away with murder.
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2009, 08:29:18 AM »
Looks good. Not seen it with the new texturing, obviously, but I always had a lot more time for cities that had massive amounts of rubble. After all, it seems weird that those buildings are so bombed out but the roads and surrounding area look swept clean.

I'd also fill the gaps. You've used thick card, right? And you can see *into* it, sort of. I think some milliput (you can get it quite cheap for quite a lot) forced into the cracks just to cover it would give the building a more solid look. And no ladders or steps?

Posters would be cool. I also think some sort of street detritus would look alright. Use it as optional obstacles. Try a 6inch long, 2-3 inch strip of just rubble, piping, shattered barricades and all that stuff (try to get a car in there or something, maybe? Once it's fairly smashed up and drybrushed rusty, it shouldn't stand out too much). I just think some piles of rubble would add a more claustrophobic and desolate theme to the board.

Good work.

Offline PIN_H34D

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2009, 08:59:16 AM »
i plan on that... all the terrain is gonna be separate tho... i want to be able to take it all off after playing for easier storage right now im doing the base board then buildings then after i have gotten all that done im gonna be doing rubble... i have a few scrap things that i have cruched and broken, a few toy cars and such to add to rubble... but i want the basic stuff first... i have alot of copper wire im gonna use for barbed wire...

im doing it that way so when we deside to play a larger game on a bigger table all ther buildings that i put alot of work in we can just pick up and place anywhere along with the rubble and everything...

im building it in mind that this is my sisters home world (the daughters of the purifying flame) the planet has no name yet tho, but my friend plays chaos, so the 1st real game we play on it when its done is gonna be a scenario  where the chaos have taken the sisters home world from then and after being exiled there task to redemption is to get there planet back by any means necessary (ill be posting that report when it happens look for it ill be posting along with a full comentary and a story based battle report...ill post a link when that done too
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 09:07:29 AM by PIN_H34D »

Offline PIN_H34D

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2009, 02:31:22 PM »
here is an update on my city i finished the other side:

a better pic of the crater:

and another building i finished, its supposed to be like a makeshift fortifacations (its still drying)