News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Jetbike Character Conversions  (Read 6859 times)

Offline Farseer Lael

• Infinity Circuit
Eldar Jetbike Character Conversions
« on: March 20, 2009, 12:06:51 AM »
I decided to start my own thread so you can all see my jetbike character conversions that I have done, and use these as inspiration for your own as I know how hard it is to sometimes come up with an idea of how to convert characters into jetbikes.

Jetbike Council

And the Uber council

Autarch

Farseer

Warlocks

The farseer and autarch were similar processes but require alot more work on the jetbike then the warlocks. Basically cutting it from the back of the chair and removing the back part of the jetbike and then attaching the back part of a another model onto the front of the jetbike.

The Farseer is using a BFG cruiser (I think its an Eclipse) inspired by wereweevils that has done the rounds on coolminiornot and I have seen his in person.

The Autarch is using an old vyper that I had that took some major bubble damage when undercoated. I initally did a style very similar to moc065's for the Autarch but I couldn't decide on which way to sweep the wing, and then I found the wing kept falling off. But then I found it looked small compared to the farseer, so I chopped up the said vyper and that is the result.

See next post on how to do the warlocks.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 08:43:28 AM by Farseer Lael »
Lael Treventhius.
Farseer of the Craftworld Treventhius Psychic Warhost.

Offline Farseer Lael

• Infinity Circuit
Re: Eldar Jetbike Character Conversions
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 12:29:54 AM »
How to Convert Jetbike Warlocks

First decide on which warlock you want to convert. For this guide I've used this warlock here.

But as seen above I've used a variety of different warlocks so the same principle applies to each. Best to use one where the arm sleaves can be cut away without too much issue. This one however requires a bit of tricky cutting.

Second decide on which hand will be touching the handlebars. Typically i've found the models left side is best for that, and if using shining spears control panels, it will have to be the left side. Its best to leave the handle bars off the jetbike when its built. In some cases though both arms will be coming off.

Third This is the real squimish part. You basically need to cut off the models arms and underneath the belt to leave just the head and torso - leaving a "bust" of the model. This then lets you reapply the arms and weapon in how ever pose you want. However if one of the arms you want to keep as it, don't cut that off, but at least one arm will need to go in most cases.

Fouth This is the real squimish part. You basically need to cut off the models arms and underneath the belt to leave just the head and torso - leaving a "bust" of the model like this:

This then lets you reapply the arms and weapon in how ever pose you want. However if one of the arms you want to keep as it, don't cut that off, but at least one arm will need to go in most cases. This step may require alot of filing and cutting with your blades, so be patient.

Fifth Glue the jetbike legs to the jetbike. Its best to do this so you can sit the warlock bust into postion without having to worry about the legs. And then you can work out how the arms are going.

Sixth Glue the arms into place. You'll probably find you need to greenstuff in gaps here so keep some ready. In this case I've used the original spear of the model and changed its pose and the other arm using a jetbike arm.

Seventh  Glue the warlock "bust" to the jetbike legs and attach other arms if doing so. You may need to add some additional details here depending on if you forgetting anything. But your model is basically finished.

Eigth Totally optional, but I found greenstuffing a cloak flowing back hides alot of the conversion details, and fills out the body a bit.

Nineth Undercoat the model which will also help cover up any mistakes.

Tenth  If using the geomagz base technic, screw the small headed flat screw into the bottom of the jetbike and mount. I also replace the flag pole at the back with a vien from the falcon, which fills out the back some more.

And then your done with most likely superglue and cuts all over your fingers :) The whole process takes anywhere from an hour to three depending on distractions.

« Last Edit: April 3, 2009, 02:18:38 AM by Farseer Lael »
Lael Treventhius.

Offline Farseer Lael

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 12:04:38 AM »
I've update the pic now off the modifed warlock (last one). Here is the original for comparsion

Lael Treventhius.

Offline Farseer Lael

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 07:09:08 PM »
Update 27/3/2009

I was finding that my Autarch spear was looking too short compared to some of the others I had seen around and I was working out what I could do. Then I found the end part of the avatar sword (I converted mine to have a sycthe) and it looked perfect. I've updated the main page, but here is a close up.

And here is the old version

Also can be seen I've got my bases going now. And that will be the style that will be used across the army as I really don't like leaving them clear.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 09:34:37 PM by Farseer Lael »
Lael Treventhius.

Offline Farseer Lael

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #4 on: April 3, 2009, 02:19:33 AM »
Update 3/4/2009

I've completed another warlock :)

I've also updated my how to with some WIP pictures I took when I was doing the conversion.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2009, 11:37:36 PM by Farseer Lael »
Lael Treventhius.

Offline Farseer Lael

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #5 on: April 7, 2009, 11:39:00 PM »
Update 8/4/2009
I think I'm getting these conversions into an art form as I did a new warlock in record time last night, under 40mins. Another underarm blade conversion.

The jetbike council is coming along nicely now.

I've pretty much worked out my army list now. Will post when I de-AB Format it.
Lael Treventhius.

Offline Farseer Lael

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 08:41:16 AM »
Update 21/4/2009

I did another 3 warlocks last friday night, here they are. They are my last three, so should be plenty of options for you all :)

Lael Treventhius.