News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: thinking of starting Thousand Sons  (Read 690 times)

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
Re: thinking of starting Thousand Sons
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2005, 05:56:19 AM »
Keep in mind that we're dealing with a 300-500pts squad here though. I gladly pay 20more points for a good chance to take out a power fist before it takes out 100pts of them.

Offline Just Charles

• L'enfer, c'est les autres (Sartre)
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2005, 06:02:01 AM »
True enough, although I believe that an ordinary P-Weapon attack can also take down a P-Fist wielding Soldier, without having to pay more. And in a Rubric Terminantor squad on the charge, you have got plenty of P-Weapon attacks :)
What if you slept?
And what if, in your sleep, you were dreaming?
And what if, in your dream, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower?
And what if, when you awoke, you had the flower in your hand?
Ah, what then?

It is impressive the impression we make and the making we make in times we waste.

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2005, 08:42:54 AM »
Four termies, 8 attacks (they don't care about the charge, because of slow and purposeful), 4 hits, 2 kills.

The champ *needs* a power or chainfist to deal with dreads or multi wound ICs, and being able to "accellerate" 2-3 kills from I1 to I4 helps a lot in order to avoid power fists - he has as much punch as about three or four normal termies. Considering that a power weapon or a power weapon with daemonic strength (which also helps the fist against vehicles) costs only 3-5% compared to the whole squad, this is well worth it, IMHO. A power weapon with strength or a lightning claw without strength is only 14pts, after all (saving one point from the no longer required ccw).

If one cannot spare the points, then i think this is even a better investment than mastercrafting the fist, which is one point more expensive.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 08:46:53 AM by Arcas »

Offline Nuclearfeet

• eh, wha-?
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2005, 03:54:46 PM »
for the rubric termies, do you guys use the regular chaos termies with the power fist, or do you convert your own termies to have power weapons?  I'd like to know how you do that if you do  ;D
<Insert quote here>

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2005, 07:14:23 PM »
I've just begun work on converting GK termies to have TS headdresses and to carry khemri ushabti weapons...it's a ton of work to get rid of all these purity seals and the iconography (especially the left shoulder pad), but it's worth it.

Offline Just Charles

• L'enfer, c'est les autres (Sartre)
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2005, 09:52:27 PM »
I'm giving them Eldar Witchblades to represent Power Weapons. It may sound a little bit odd at first glance, but it looks pretty cool :D
What if you slept?
And what if, in your sleep, you were dreaming?
And what if, in your dream, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower?
And what if, when you awoke, you had the flower in your hand?
Ah, what then?

It is impressive the impression we make and the making we make in times we waste.