News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000 pt army list, space marine killer  (Read 374 times)

Offline ninja5423

2000 pt army list, space marine killer
« on: April 9, 2005, 11:50:16 AM »
Dark Lord(agoniser, shadow field)
- retinue 6 inucubi, 4 warriors <367 pts>

- 3 Haemonculus <75pts>

Elites
- 9 wyches, 1 succubus(wych weapons, 2 blasters agoniser, gruesome tailisman)<216pts>
Raider w/ disintegrator & slave snares

- 9 wyches, 1 succubus(wych weapons, 2 blasters agoniser, haywire grenades, gruesome tailisman)<256pts>
Raider w/ disintegrator & slave snares

- warp beast pack <75pts>

Troops
-10 Warriors, 2 Dark Lances <100pts>

-10 Warriors, 2 Dark Lances <100pts>

-12 warriors w/ sybarite(poison blades, 2 splinter cannons, 2 blasters)<145pts>

Fast Attack
- 4 Jetbikes, 1 succubus agoniser<136pts>

- 4 Jetbikes, 1 succubus agoniser<136pts>

Heavy Support
- Ravager (1 DL, 2 disentigrators, Nightshield)<135pts>

- Ravager (3 DL, Nightsheild) <125pts>

-Talos <100pts>

Total : 2000

any other words of advice would help

Offline ArchonCryx

• Dracon Author of long replies
  • Ancient
  • Dracon: Kabal of the Bloodied Claw of Despair
Re: 2000 pt army list, space marine killer
« Reply #1 on: April 9, 2005, 02:15:38 PM »
Umm - give your Haemoncului something, I trust that was an innocent mistake? I abhor naked characters, 40K isnt a place for the leader of an army to fight ith his bare hands... I would actually dock a composition point if someone tried that at a tourny...

A Scissorhand is adequate, and ikeeps the H's quite cheap. Realistically, I reckon you want Destructors as well! There's a thread about using six Haemonculi where we discuss further options for  kitting out Haemonculi.

That Lord really needsa SPlinter Pistol for a very cheap extra attack while Combvat Drugs will increase her effectiveness enourmously. ALso, Get rid of the warriors, they are easy kills in an assault - you dont want to lose combat and lose a Ld check with your retinue<50% (bye bye Lord...) Instead, just stick with the 6 Incubi - they're more resilient so there's less risk of losing combat and by the time you're below 50% you only have a max of 2 Incubi left, instead of 4. I would also give the Lord + retinue a Raider, even Wyches can do better without a Raider becuse at least they get FoF and, if lucky, can get the 12" COmbat Drug!

If giving a Sybarite Poison Blades, may as well give her a SPlinter Rifle, she doesnt get an extra attack with the pistol so may as well join in with the rest of the squad when they are rapidfiring - you wont miss 1 pistol shot if charging into assault _ the SCs and Bls do thework on the charge...

Jetbikes  SUccubus should get a Tormentor Helm ofr that bvital extra attack. A Power weapon is worth considering, the jetbike gives a S bonus and they sometimes get lucky and get a second S bonus. If you know you'll not be facing any high toughness (ie, nothing >T4) then this can be an awesome option!

I have never used 2 squads of RJBs before, and I always take a minimum of 5 - you see that your squads will each be forced to check morale for just one casualty? ALso, I tend to favour using Blasters on two of the RJBs. If using 2 squads, I'd probably go for this
6 RJBs, 2 Bls, Succ/PW/TH/TR/HW
5 RJBS, 2 Bls
The second squad is a dedicated guess weapon/armour hunter, while the first is a more assault focussed squad (the blasters are darn andy to shoot on the charge vs the marines, for example!)

Ravagers - Id probably drop the Night SHields, unless you have experience suggesting they work for you. Personalyy, I found, after having them on two Ravagers for two straight tournies (a total of 13 rounds, or so) I had one Night SHield save from a Blaster shot, another stopped an extra D6 for a Melta weapon, but it still managed to glance and destroy the ravagar anyway!SO just once did the NS work - for a 120pt model? Nah, not worth it, it needs to save each Ravager once per tourny to be really worth it at all....

Anyway, hope thats some help. AA
"As a rule of thumb, the designers do not hide "easter eggs" in the rules. If clever reading is required to unlock some sort of hidden option, then it is most likely just a result of wishful thinking." Pete Haines   ;)

Lords of Terra (Open) +High Lords (invitational)- Sydney July 24-25 2012, 1750pts, check lordsofterra.com