News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Khorne's Voidborn Eldar Corsairs, UPDATE: Harlequin Assassins  (Read 11267 times)

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
  • Armies: DE, CWE, Eldar Corsairs
This is a new clean start with new fluff, just pictures and no walls of text.
Old thread: Khorne's Coalition of Eldar Corsairs - UPDATE: Final Update 170512

Void Dragons Corsairs: Fleet Triaris, the Voidborn

Fleet Triaris of the Void Dragons Corsairs is led by the Voidborn brothers who are Eldar nobles of House Eldanash. They are uncannily rational, and coldly efficient. Corsairs who serve in this fleet are, for the most part, hardened and well trained killers. Although there is no strict training programme, all Corsairs undergo rites of warfare to readjust their minds to the brutality of war, to give them the skills needed for their walk of life and to instill in them the Voidborn philosophy: "We all soujourners in this strange land."

The Voidborn have a darker secret. They have close links to the Commorrites, often visiting the Dark City. Unbeknownst to the Craftworlds, the Voidborn recruit actively from Commorrites who are assimmilated into the Voidborn and are barely different to any other Corsair. The Voidborn association does not stop there. The brothers have gone so far as to sponser a Voidborn Kabal, who has formed an oddly tight bond with the Void Dragons, trading slaves for weapons and operating as a recruitment centre.

They are not affiliated closely with any Craftworld but do have a tie of friendship with Craftworld Iyanden through Admiral Yriel. Large contingents of Corsair mercenaries support Iyanden in the struggle to survive and provide Yriel with the much needed manpower to continue operations in the sector. Alaitoc is not averse to contracting the Voidborn or consulting them for intelligence on their enemies. Uthwe has fought alongside the Voidborn and although they are not close friends they respect each other as vanguards of the Eldar race.

In battle, the Voidborn conventionally establish air and space superiority as the first goal. It is a strategic predictability of the Eldar race but it is founded on solid core principles. Without control of the airspace and the atmosphere ground forces are exposed to fighting both against possible multiple fronts on the ground and infinite attack vectors from above. As such the Voidborn use their extensive fleet to secure the atmosphere above. Once established they deploy air assault flights of corsairs with jetpacks to seize vulnerable locations and use armoured spearheads to close with the enemy and overrun them with superior firepower. Air power is not a crucial component as it is with other corsairs, air superiority being primarily a means to isolate the ground, but whenever possible the Voidborn make use of air power to saturate the enemy. Unlike the Dark Kin they are so closely linked with, they do not find glee in needless slaughter and savour only expedient and efficient warfare.

The Voidborn network has a specialty in operating as mercenaries to Craftworlds, Kabals, even Mon'Keigh. Such actions are sanctioned by Princess Saarina who ultimately the Voidborns as Void Dragons must answer to. Employment as guns-for-hire provide them with insider knowledge of the modus operandi of the employers and also entertainment as the Voidborns participate in adventurous politicking and Machiavellian scheming. They are essentially war profiteers and resort to slavery for trade. Amoral and effective.

The Voidborn Brothers
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust" - Ezekiel

1 Prince
1 Void Dreamer

The Voidborn Brothers are a legendary pair of Corsair heroes who have plied a mercenary privateer trade among the Eldar people for centuries. They lead the Voidborns, a splinter faction of the ruthless Void Dragons.

Ezekiel Voidborn, first born of House Eldanaash was an Autarch of the Craftworld Biel Tan. On expedition he was captured by the Dark Eldar and brought back to Commoragh. Instead of feasting upon his life and soul, Ezekiel was thrown into the arena. Contrary to expectations, Ezekiel survived his first bout against initiate Wyches and went on to achieve victories in the arena. He was a favourite among the Kabals and respected for his combat prowess. On the day the Wych Cult was due to release Ezekiel to become his own man in Dark Eldar society, his half brother, Drakones, led a daring stunt. Diving from the skies in a Cloudstrike Squadron of Falcons, Drakones had voluntarily exiled himself from Biel Tan and come to rescue his brother. Drakones was a Farseer of natural battle aptitude and an adept in the navigation of perils both temporal and spatial. Drakones struck a blow that day against the Wych Cult and destroyed it. The Kabals spectated this daring exploit and from that day on the pair of brothers earnt the respect of the Kabals, Ezekiel for his adventures in the arena and Drakones for his skill in navigating the Webway to reach Commoragh. The Voidborns retain a close connection to the armourers and merchants of Commoragh, trading with the Commorrite manufacturers for weapons and hiring Commorrite mercenary bands such as the Solarbound Guard and the Darklight Butchers.

Bladesworn
5 Jetpack Bladesworn

Unlike other Corsairs, the Voidborn Bladesworn are chosen by merit not status or noble birth. They are the finest warriors and most loyal, raised up from the ranks through hard work they protect their liege with unwavering resolve.

Voidstorm Veterans
15 Voidstorms

Those Corsairs who have undergone the Final Rite of Battle, gain access to the elite Voidstorm ranks. Voidstorms are all Felarchs, equivalent of an Ensign aboard an Imperial craft and as such are rarely called together to serve to fight in one unit. Usually are disseminated among the ranks to impart squad-level command control, they are capable leaders and proficient with a variety of weapons.

Skyarrow Flight of Corsairs
20 Corsairs

Skyarrow Flight is just one Flight of rank and file Corsairs. They utilise jetpacks to provide deployment means and dizzying corkscrewing redirections during the flow of battle. The jetpack is a mark of a Corsair, when the red winged legions descend only then do the combatants truly know whose side they are on.

Rangers, Pathfinders and Outcasts
4 Rangers

Hellstrike Squadron
2 Falcons and dismounts
2 War Hunters

Firelight Squadron
2 Hornets
1 Corsair Venom and dismounts
3 CJBs

Wasp Assault Walkers
3 Wasps
1 Dark Wasp

Heavenfury Wing
2 Razorwings
1 Phoenix

The Vagyr
6 Fire Dragons

These exiled Fire Dragons were cast out from their Craftworld. The Shrine of the True Temper lost self control during the seige of Tempera V and in the resulting chaos slaughtering several hab blocks worth of Imperial citizens. Their Craftworld was loathe to acknowledge such bloodthirsty chaotic warriors as their own and exiled them to the Void. They now call themselves the Vagyr, vagabond warriors, and find service in the ranks of the Voidborn Corsairs.

Archon Traskyion of the Kabal of the Voidborn
"Waste and empty the sea" - Traskyion

1 Duke Sliscus counts-as

Archon Traskyion is rumoured to be a Voidborn relative, to what degree is entirely a mystery. Some claim Traskyion is Ezekiel's full brother while other's claim he is his son. In any case, Traskyion is a formdiable foe. He formerly was an advisor of Duke Sliscus, an ambassador to the Corsair fleets but when approached with a new scheme to set up a Voidborn Kabal, Traskyion parted ways amicably (odd for Sliscus) and returned to Commorragh. Traskyion watches his back against the manoeuvring of the Kabals but is well respected for his neutrality and his mercenary kabalites. He describes himself as a Sliscian, just without the eccentricity.

Serpent Bladesworn
5 Bladesworn

The Serpent Bladesworn were Traskyion's closest retinue from a time before his service with Duke Sliscus. They are devoted to their lord, more loyal and trustworthy than even an Incubus. They are ultimately court bodyguards and carry small weapons but no lethal in their hands.

Incubi Shrine of the Soul Gorge
TBA

Voidborn Kabalites
10 Kabalites
1 Raider

Voidborn Kabalites do not follow a clear and distinct Kabal ambition. Instead the Kabal rents them out as manpower, primarily to the Corsair bands who pay in slaves, in addition to the rights the Kabalites have over loot.

Troupe of the Cast Shadow
10 Assassins

The Troupe of the Cast Shadow is shrouded in myth and rumour. Their sober macabre attire is so distant from the colourful outfits of other Harliequins that they are said to resemble the divine undertakers of the Eldar race. Rumour has it that this troupe gave a private performance for the court of the Archon Yglion of the Kabal of the Black Rose. The entire kabal was found liquefied in their realm by a rival Archon. Of the Troupe there was no trace. Two theories exist, one that the Troupe has abandoned their vows to Cegorach and have taken up the profession of assassins; their blank visored masks projected holographic projections of their target's greatest desires or fears, or that they are Cegorach's Furies hunting down those who would laugh at the Laughing God. Whatever may be the case, the Troupe of the Cast Shadow stalk the Webway in the service of myriad forces.

The Darklight Butchers
15 Trueborn
2 Venoms

The Darklight Butchers are one of many Trueborn sects in the Voidborn Kabal. The Voidborn Kabal is unique in that it actively recruits Trueborn exiled or dishonoured from other Kabals and makes them their own. The Darklight Butchers are the elite mercenaries of the Voidborn, operating as wetwork mercenaries in Sec Maenda, the Null City or mercenary district. They tote the latest weapons and imitate Scourges who they seek to be one day.

The Collectors
3 TB

The Collectors are former bandits that the Voidborn Kabal reassimilated into their ranks. They are experts in destruction and mayhem, and are loosed to do the Voidborn's most fiery work.

The Solarbound Guard
5 Scourges

The Solarbound Guard are part of the Scourge clique. Elite, skyborne and arrogant, the Solarbound Guard take after the Solar Cults of antiquity. They are the Voidborn premier messenger service albeit with many many weapons...

Misc

Yriel
Iyanden Walker
8 Warlocks

Situation Report - May

Top left: Eldritch Raiders with Shuriken Cannon
Bottom left: Voidstorms
Top middle: Yriel + Void Dreamer, Sky Dragon Prince + Bladesworn, Dark Prince + Bladesworn
Centre: Trueborn (5 Shardcarbines + 5 Blasters)
Bottom middle: Commorrite Mercenaries (Kabalite Warriors)
Top right: Eldritch Raiders with EML
Middle right: Void Dragons (WIP)
Bottom right: Storm Corsairs

Top left: 2 Falcons
Middle left: Warp Hunter
Bottom left: 3 Wave Serpents
Middle top: Nightspinner (has Fire Prism turret too)
Centre: 3 Wasp Assault Walkers
Top right: Hornet + Raider
Middle right: War Walker (Iyanden)
Bottom right: Corsair Venom + Vyper + 3 Corsair Jetbikes

The Dark Corsairs (Dark Eldar inspired/bits)

Trueborn

The Dark Prince and his Bladesworn

Commorrite Mercenaries

Traditional Corsairs

WIP Yriel + Void Dreamer

The Sky Dragon and his Bladesworn

Voidstorms

Eldritch Raiders

Void Dragons-to-be

Storm Corsairs (black ones have Dark Eldar helmets)

Corsair Venom in Void Dragon colours

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:51:26 AM by Khorne25 »

My Voidborn Eldar Corsairs

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:
Tau, SM, CSM, 3rd Ed DE (updating to 5th Ed)

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
Re: Voidborn Eldar Corsairs
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 07:02:53 PM »
Looking wicked!! :D

PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 07:41:00 PM »
Looking good!

I see you're an ex Iyanden like me  :D

I need to post some pics too, keep a look out!

Oh and I just had my first battle with Corsairs today. Also don't forget to tell PM me details of battles so I can upload to the POC.   

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 03:07:01 AM »
Thanks for the replies.

As you can see I am leaning towards Dark Eldar a bit. They make a nice change from the Forgeworld Corsair asthetic.

So Ive been souping up a Trueborn squad that wil count-as Kabalites for my Corsairs (shardcarbines as splinter rifles etc). Here are some cool things Ive been doing with them:

Scopes!!! Boltgun scopes. I experimented with Dire Avengers but they were tricky to remove and didnt have a mount on the bottom that elevated it.

The cannon on top is converted from a venom

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 06:56:05 AM »
Webway Portals!
(I know theyre larger than a small blast marker but they do make cool WWPs)

I am trying to collect a full set but the final purple soul one eludes me.

The yellow and orange are for Corsairs, while the storms and blue soul vortex are for Dark Eldar and the green is just spare.

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #5 on: June 7, 2012, 02:59:56 PM »
An update.
(if you behave they'll be an unboxing picture of something... big)

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
Re: Khorne's Voidborn Eldar Corsairs, UPDATE: Nightwing proxy
« Reply #6 on: June 7, 2012, 05:04:46 PM »
that is frickin' awesome!!!   :o ;D 8)

did you use a paint gun? the paint looks very even.

I love the pulse laser conversions.

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #7 on: June 7, 2012, 06:03:27 PM »
Oh HELL yeah. That came out insane! Congrats on the sick paint job.
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Ginger farseer

• Ork Yoof
  • Armies: Space wolves, Eldar, Orks
« Reply #8 on: June 8, 2012, 01:43:27 PM »
That looks amazing, congratulations, that is my favourite model seen in a long time!

Love the conversion, and the... Well, all of it!
Be nice to nerds, you'll probably be working for them.

What if by 'fly you fools'  Gandalf was actually telling the fellowship to call the eagles and fly to Mordor?

"Thunder rolled... It rolled a six"

+++Melon melon melon+++
+++out of cheese error redo from start+++
+++Divide by cucumber error. Please reinstall universe and reboot+++

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #9 on: June 8, 2012, 03:08:54 PM »
Here comes the embarassing admission that I didnt paint it, was my idea though :P
Forgot to mention that... I commissioned someone I found on Ebay to do this Nightwing Razorwing Jetfighter in Void Dragon colours. You can scroll up to see my previous colour scheme that I feel didnt work at all for this sort of thing.

It started like this:

Finshed product:

Worth every damn penny.

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline Ginger farseer

• Ork Yoof
  • Armies: Space wolves, Eldar, Orks
« Reply #10 on: June 8, 2012, 04:21:17 PM »
Here comes the embarassing admission that I didnt paint it, was my idea though :P
Forgot to mention that... I commissioned someone I found on Ebay to do this Nightwing Razorwing Jetfighter in Void Dragon colours. You can scroll up to see my previous colour scheme that I feel didnt work at all for this sort of thing.

(Pics removed for quote)

Worth every damn penny.

perhaps you should have opened with that, but you did get to bask in our praise and adoration ;)

Worth every penny, I don't know how much you paid but it could have been a thousand pounds and not a penny wasted .
Be nice to nerds, you'll probably be working for them.

What if by 'fly you fools'  Gandalf was actually telling the fellowship to call the eagles and fly to Mordor?

"Thunder rolled... It rolled a six"

+++Melon melon melon+++
+++out of cheese error redo from start+++
+++Divide by cucumber error. Please reinstall universe and reboot+++

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
Re: Khorne's Voidborn Eldar Corsairs, UPDATE: Forgeworld!
« Reply #11 on: June 9, 2012, 05:54:48 AM »
I forgot to mention it was a comission then went off to bed!

Look what arrived today...

« Last Edit: June 9, 2012, 05:57:08 AM by Khorne25 »

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #12 on: June 9, 2012, 12:54:40 PM »
Nice!

Damn they changed the cast for the dragon i see.
(I can see by the drain channels for the resin)
Hmm you do have a lot of flash on it....Hope it is not to bad.

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 03:16:49 PM »

I have 1 Wasp, 1 Hornet, 1 Warp Hunter remaining to build.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 03:45:04 PM by Khorne25 »

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 05:27:57 PM »
Nice!

Just noticed that 1 of the wings of my Phoenix is warped.....will have to check if I can bend it back else I'll have a drooping wing tip -.-

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
Re: Khorne's Voidborn Eldar Corsairs, UPDATE: Harlequin Assassins
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 10:52:36 AM »
Thankfully my Phoenix was fine and the flash didnt cause any problems

Harlequin Assassins

Two Fusion Pistoleers and a Shadowseer

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline greenmtvince

• I build rendundancy into lists with redundancy
    • Void Dreaming - 40K in Space
  • Armies: Sky Raiders Corsairs
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 12:38:05 PM »
Nice! Where'd you get all the shuriken pistols?  That's the one thing holding me up from this conversion.

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 02:08:53 PM »
Nice! Where'd you get all the shuriken pistols?  That's the one thing holding me up from this conversion.

Two metal ones from some old Storm Guardians ive just upgraded to special weapons and jetpacks and the plastic ones are from the Dire Avenger sprue. I also went begging around some friends but most of this stuff is from my own Bitz box. The sphere heads for example are all mine apart from the Reaver style bubble helmets.

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 12:34:59 AM »
It has been a month or so since I last did anything 40k. Life took a turn towards the rocks, moved house (and city, big things now), and so on.

The models are coming out of their bubble wrap and boxes now and occupying the ground. In short order they will recommence preparations for deployment. I will be playing games in London, Ive yet to find a club but I will soon so if youre in the area, might be worth pinging me a message in a week or so to see if Im ready to play.

I decided that I will stop buying stuff for my army (its practically complete, barring CWE elements) and focus on getting it up to scratch on paint, details and bases.

Corsairs wise, this brings my count to:

- 2 Void Dreamers
- 2 Princes

- 25 Jetpack Corsairs
- 15 Foot Corsairs
- 3 Corsair Jetbikes
- 15 Voidstorms
- 5 Jetpack Bladesworn
- 5 Foot Bladesworn
- 8 Harlequins

- 3 Falcons
- 2 Warp Hunters
- 2 Hornet
- 1 Corsair Venom
- 4 Wasps
- 1 Nightspinner
- 1 VD Phoenix

DE-wise:

- 1 Archon
- 10 Kabalites
- 12 Trueborn
- 5 Scourges
- 3 DE Venoms
- 1 Raider
- 2 Razorwings
- 11 Wyches

CWE-wise:

- 8 Warlocks
- 5 Warp Spiders
- 6 Fire Dragons
- 9 Rangers
- 2 Wave Serpents
- 1 Fire Prism
- 1 War Walker

As you can see, this is plenty of work to be done, I aproximate a third is ready for battle. The rest needs to be prepared.
Why list them? You already have the pictures, Im just doing the work :P

In the coming months I will proceed as follows:
- All models will displayed in unit entries with a bit of lore description as above. Pictures will be there soon and as they are painted, they will be phased in. Updates will be posts by me stating which ones have been updated so there isnt double entry posting which will wreack havoc on some computers.
- There will be new fluff, and expanded fluff based on combat records.
- All models will be painted. Caveat: Im kinda cheating because the Void Dragons Corsairs colour scheme is pretty easy and most of this stuff will have a VD or Iyanden colour scheme. DE will have a DE variant of the VD scheme, while Corsairs will have a pure VD scheme. CWE aspect warriors will wear VD armour but have aspect orientated colours. CWE loyalists like Warlocks etc will just be in CWE colours.

If its elfy, if its evil, if its fast, Ive got my eyes on it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 10:06:49 PM by Khorne25 »

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies: