News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Can you Escape?  (Read 46158 times)

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
  • Without Conflict, there is no life.
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #440 on: May 8, 2009, 02:23:45 PM »
The panel has the following features
A switch in the upper left hand corner (currently in neutral only to hide actual position, the light next to the switch is a bright green L.E.D. and there is an unlit L.E.D. beneath that.
The Fan Icon is just an Icon (no possible interaction)
The Blue, Gray, and Red Boxes are also icons (no possible interaction)
The Red Lever/Slider can be moved freely along the slot/s.
Note: All the little black dots are rivets (non-interactable, non-essential)

GM's Production notes: Add description to each new object encountred (at least interactability) except when doing so would reveal solution.

Caladonia and Gallosias Peace conference date pushed back     Tunuarian Cleanup operation underway, Unemployment in Albibis down additional 10%     CNSE -5  GSN -2     New Research into Industrial power for both empires.

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
  • Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #441 on: May 8, 2009, 03:52:31 PM »
Well, sounds like we need to do some testing. Will it kill me? We shall see.

I'm going to move the lever to the Blue position, and flick the switch to " - ".

The theory is that the green light indicates that it is currently "on". My guess is that by moving the lever to blue and flicking the switch to the dash (which I suspect is the "off" position) it will shut off the fan in this room. That's the theory, anyway. We'll see if it holds up to testing.

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #442 on: May 8, 2009, 05:55:56 PM »
Sliding the lever to the Blue position, there is a click and a whirr, as the motion of a slow fanblade can be heard.
The room shows no sing of immidiate change.
Pushing the switch to the "-" position there is a click and the pbubbling of the pool intensifies breifly before calming greatly, there is less steam in the room. The Green L.E.D. goes out and the L.E.D. beneath it glows red.

Caladonia and Gallosias Peace conference date pushed back     Tunuarian Cleanup operation underway, Unemployment in Albibis down additional 10%     CNSE -5  GSN -2     New Research into Industrial power for both empires.

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
« Reply #443 on: May 8, 2009, 06:49:18 PM »
Hm...

Alright, I'll flick the switch back to "o", wait to see what happens, then move the lever to Grey and flick the switch to "-" again.

It may be a good idea to try turning on a room that is already "on"... or it might kill us. Given that hazard, I'll try turning off the rooms one at a time. If this next bit works the way I hope it does (i.e. turning off, or down, the electricity in the Metal Room), the final step will be to turn off Red, hopefully giving access to that door across the Laser Hall. We'll see.

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #444 on: May 10, 2009, 04:42:14 PM »
Flicking the switch to "o" there is a hum and the bubbling of the pool intensifies once more, steaming and bubbling away. The red L.E.D. is out and the Green is lit.
Moving the lever to Gray There is a click and the fanblade whirr grow more distant.

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
« Reply #445 on: May 10, 2009, 06:29:46 PM »
Uhoh... why do I get the weird feeling I'll have to take a dip in the pool once it cools (apparently by setting the lever to Blue and flicking the switch to "-"? (We did establish that we can swim, correct?)

Did anything happen when I flicked the switch to "-" once the lever was in the Grey position?

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #446 on: May 11, 2009, 04:05:00 AM »
Sorry im getting forgetfull
You hit the "-" switch, the leds changes and the pool stops bubbling again.

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
« Reply #447 on: May 11, 2009, 05:47:36 AM »
Alright, let's try moving the lever to Blue without flicking the switch.

I suspect the only change will be the proximity of the fan (i.e. it will sound closer again), but it's good to test it. Next up will be trying the Red postion, but I want to minimize the variables first.

Can I figure out where the sound of the fan is coming from? Up? Down? Above the water (that is, behind the vent above the water)? The Metal Room?

Also, I'm going to wait about half a minute and am going to place my hand NEAR the water (I don't want to touch it). Does it feel like it has cooled off? While I'm at it, I'll look down into the water (careful not to fall in!); from this side, can I see anything of interest? Actually, if you could give the description of what can be seen at the bottom of the pool (and sides) again it would be a useful recap!

Sorry if I'm kind of taking over this game; I've just got a lot of spare time of late, and it is quite an interesting game! That said, I seem to be one of the only ones still at it. I hope I didn't scare everyone away....

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #448 on: May 11, 2009, 06:02:22 AM »
Moving the lever to the blue box there is a click and the fanblade sound gets closer again. The sound was coming from the metal room a moment ago ( you put your head in the room and heard it)
Moving the lever to the red position, the fanblade sound fades away until it cannot be heard moving somewhere else.
The pool has stopped bubbling enough to give you a clear view of the bottom, where you can only just barely make out the clear glass pillars the you walked upon and two pipes that feed water into the pool (not big enough for you to fit in). Other than that there is nothing of importance.

Its not taking over your just more active than most, thank you I find it interesting too and it has been a great social experiment. I certainly hope the other will participate again soon. There are only two players who have "lost" and i certainly hope none of the others think they were some how eliminated. Im certain however that once the solution becomes clear for these rooms a lurker will swoop in and steal Rudkins thunder.

Offline the_nash

« Reply #449 on: May 11, 2009, 07:22:59 AM »
Im certain however that once the solution becomes clear for these rooms a lurker will swoop in and steal Rudkins thunder.

Damn straight  :P lol

I'm still keeping track of it all but i can't figure it out.

Its a very interesting game and I'm glad at least one person can figure it out so the game continues
Only In Death Does Duty End

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
« Reply #450 on: May 11, 2009, 07:03:21 PM »
Hm....

Alright, with the lever still at the Red position, I'll carefully work my way to the Laser Hall (it shouldn't be too hard, since all the doors were still ajar!) and listen for the fanblade. Does it sound like it is coming from in here now?

Moreover, is there any visual change to the room? I'll take off my shoe and test to see if the burning lasers are still active.

~~~~~~~~~
Ah, go ahead and steal away my thunder. :P If I can just stay alive I'll be happy! Besides, if somehow I'm wrong and someone tries to steal my thunder, they'll be the one to die!

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #451 on: May 11, 2009, 07:09:28 PM »
Making your way to Stage VI you find that the fanblade sound is resonating in the room but there is not changes to the room itself, the shoe is singed again when you move it about the hallway.

Offline JeepDriver

« Reply #452 on: May 11, 2009, 09:28:29 PM »
Using my shoe like before to test for lasers, I crawl to the other side and open the door. If it doesnt open I go back to where I was before I made my post by using my shoe in front of me as previously mentioned.

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #453 on: May 11, 2009, 10:42:00 PM »
The Door is not unlocked and does not open. You recive a few small burns as you are eager to escape.

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
« Reply #454 on: May 12, 2009, 01:46:44 AM »
Hm.... So what do we know now?

Switch: Apparently turns the heating of the water on/off. It may do something else (probably, but what is as yet unclear; it may work in accordance to the lever position, but current testing suggests otherwise). (Green: On. Red: Off.)
Fan: Moves in accordance to the position of the lever. (Blue: Steam Room, Grey: Metal Room, Red: Laser Room.)

Guess: Perhaps we need to find a duct? Doubtful, but if there is a way for the fan to get from room to room, then there might be a way for us to do the same.

Test: Let's go back to the fan controls (I'm going to close the doors as I go; I don't want the O3 or condsening steam to kill me) and move the lever to the far right position (opposite of where it started). If I cannot hear any change of the fan position from where I am, I will go into the Metal Room and listen, then to the Laser room to listen (if need be). If I still cannot hear it there, I will cross the room (in the usual shoe-probing way; that poor shoe!), listen for the fan (including listening at the door) and try to open the far door if I still cannot hear the fan!

So basically, I'll be going from the controls to the far door in the Laser Room listening for the fan, but will stop wherever I hear it. I hope that make sense.

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #455 on: May 12, 2009, 03:11:04 AM »
After moving the switch and listening, you find that the sound is only in Stage V.
The steam has nearly stopped coming off the water, it is almost cool enough to touch.

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
« Reply #456 on: May 12, 2009, 03:39:09 AM »
Hm...

Alright, I'm going to let the water cool off until I can actually touch it with a finger (with my left pinkey). If nothing bad happens to my finger, then I'm then going to stick my left ear in the water to take a listen. Do I hear anything? (Sound does travel through water quite well; better than through the air, in fact!)

I may be taking a swim in the near future.... If nothing else it'll give me a better look at the grate about the pool; if I can see the fan from there, it'll help. Even if I can't it'll be beneficial! Still, best to stay out of the water for now, just in case!

The other thought is that it may be possible to remove one or more of the glass pillars; I doubt it, but it could be worth trying.

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #457 on: May 12, 2009, 04:31:30 AM »
The water cools and you listen (after testing with finger, dont worry no tricks here) you hear nothing. The pillars cannot be removed and the nearly invisible pillar track cannot be tampered with.

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
« Reply #458 on: May 12, 2009, 04:43:05 AM »
Alright, well, I'll move the lever on the wall to the Blue position (since that seemed to make the fan the closest to the Steam Room) and take a look up at the vent. Can I see the fan from the "shore" (i.e. the edge of the pool)?

~~~~~~~~
By the way, are we subject to dehydration and starvation in here? I might take you up on that earlier dare about drinking the water... but only if I have to. I can't say as I entirely trust it. :P Just because it's water doesn't mean it isn't poisoned.

For that matter, what about sleep deprivation? I know some people took a nap earlier, but not I. Should I bother (since currently this seems to be the safest place to rest [actually, probably the laser room would be better, since we KNOW that one is sealed off from the O3])?

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #459 on: May 12, 2009, 05:44:36 AM »
You can hear the fan but you cannot see it (even if you were right beneath the vent)
For all intents and purposes do not worry about food and water and sleep depravation, as they do not apply to any player.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 05:45:53 AM by Grimfang »