News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500point WWP List  (Read 322 times)

Offline Narwhal

• Lone But Not Lonely
1500point WWP List
« on: June 18, 2005, 01:09:17 PM »
 Lets try this again..

half, maybe 3 of the four warrior squads will be held in reserves. The Haemonculi and mounted Wyches squads rocket forward, trying to open the portal as soon as possible. Once open, the warriors and wyches pour out and hopefully do some damage. The ravagers come in right behind, relieving pressure on certain squads as needed.

WPP Units
HQ
1 Haemonculi
     Destructor; Scissorhand
     Combat Drugs
     Webway Portal
     Hellion Skyboard

ELITE
9 Wyches
     Splinter P. & CCW (x7); Blaster (x2); Wych Weapons

1 Succubus
          Agoniser (x1); Splinter Pistol (x1); Wych Weapons
          Combat Drugs
          Webway Portal

1 Raider
          Dark Lance

ELITE (Provides an alternate target, and support for WPP units)
9 Wyches

1 Succubus
          Combat Drugs

1 Raider
          Dark Lance

WWP Reserves
ELITE
9 Wyches

1 Succubus
          Combat Drugs

TROOPS
4x 10 Warriors
     Splinter Rifle (x8); Splinter Cannon (x2)

Back-End
HEAVY SUPPORT
1 Ravager
     Disintegrator (x3)

1 Ravager
     Dark Lance (x1); Disintegrator (x2)

Models in Army: 75

Total Army Cost: 1509
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 01:10:23 PM by Narwhal »

Offline -|ArAzAeL|-

• oRaNgE oRrAcLe=mInE
Re: 1500point WWP List
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 12:08:06 PM »
unless you are going for a fast attacking unit, I would take DL with some of your troop squads.  I like the elites....you ahve bunches of whyches wichll be good in cc.  You heavy support will also do well as you ahve two ravagers.  But you do not haveany reavers...they are a key to fast atatck rushing.
OrRaClE aUtOcOcKeR -
JT PrOtEuS II MaSk-
ViEwLoAdEr EvLuTiOn II- Pb HoPpEr-
Dye, SmArT pArTs, or wOrRgAmEs NiTrO-

Offline Narwhal

• Lone But Not Lonely
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 12:39:55 PM »
 I semi-redid the list just now; instead of 40 warrios, their are now 30. Instead, I have a Great Harlequin and a Solitaire with good CC tooling. They'll enter through the warp and make things fun for the enemy.

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's your emperor now?
    • Vengeance of the Fallen [Dutch]
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 04:31:38 PM »
Hmm your WWP list is not what it should be imo. It is way to fragile.

First of all i na 1500 point game you should take a archon because he wreak some serious havoc on its own.

The hamo is to expensive and fragile imo (without screening squads drop it imo.

I dont know if you noticed but you added combat drugs to your succubus. If you mean the combat drugs WARGEAR then I say nono that is WAY to expensive. Also giving the succubus a WWP is not usefull in any wya. because 1)wyches are the ones you keep in the portal 2)you could fly further another turn to get into CC.
The raiders hsould get disssies because you get close to the enemy anyway so its better to take dissies and horrorfexes.

Your troops: I would get 2 large squads of warriors with a sybarite that carries the portal 9or a hamo to carry it) @ 2 splinter cannons and your done. The squad should be around 12-16 man tall.
You will also need at least 2 sniper squads.

Ravagers are something I dont like but this is just a personal opinion there ok.

Now if you follow my advice you should let the warriors walk and keep all the wyches in the portal. Thats all i can say about it :s I don't wanna sound mean or get you down but I would seriously rethink this list.   

This is how my list looks like. it is undefeated till now and its pretty balanced.
http://www.40konline.com/index.php/topic,89846.0.html

Offline DanarWindbane

• Newest
  • 'Cause you can't beat a dead horse...
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 06:32:18 AM »
   One thing I noticed is that your HQ is Illegal, which pretty much blows that idea out of the water.  Characters with Hellion Skyboards can't take a WWP.  I dig the three squads of Wyches, but I would keep them in the Portal myself.  They make a nasty surprise when they pop out of the Portal.  There's nothing like seeing your opponent's face when that many wyches pop out to say hello.  Although, giving your Succubuses (succubi? lol) Drugs is a bit of a waste if you ask me.  You can put those 75 points towards something much more useful, like a tooled up Lord, or Sniper Squad or a Talos.  As for your troops, you either have two too many DL's, or you don't intend to bring the SC's.  Warrior squads can take either two DL's each, two SC's each, or one and one.  Did you mean 2 Blasters perhaps for one of the squads? 

Decent idea with a nice mix of Troops and Elites and even some neeto Heavy Support to boot, you just need to re-verify a few things.
All your Soul are belong to us.