News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Corsair POC: Scions of the Void  (Read 50475 times)

Offline Figjam Brah

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Corsair POC: Scions of the Void
« Reply #180 on: June 18, 2012, 06:48:34 AM »
IN. Haven't been here for months. Good to see this going forward. Guess I probably have a lot to catch up on.

Hey again everyone. Hoping to get a few more Corsairs games in before 6th ed is out.

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #181 on: June 18, 2012, 06:50:20 AM »
Post us some pics/battle reports of your corsairs and tactics you use ;)

This will help all us corsair princes out ;)

PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
  • Armies: DE, CWE, Eldar Corsairs
« Reply #182 on: June 21, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »
Well hello my fellow sojourners of the void.

Ive been absent for a few days and likely will be for a bit longer, if theres anything anyone would like me to have a look at or advice to be given/articles to be written etc send a PM but for now,

Khorne over and out.

My Voidborn Eldar Corsairs

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:
Tau, SM, CSM, 3rd Ed DE (updating to 5th Ed)

Offline Treadiculous

• It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom.
  • Armies: 14k Ork, 8k Marine, 7k Guard, 1k Corsair... so far
« Reply #183 on: June 25, 2012, 08:36:41 AM »
I have discovered the Eldar Projects board.. and found that there is another thread named the same as this! (albeit spelt out rather than abbreviated)... It looks like a great concept and has the potential to  be very useful.

Can I request / suggest a clearer definition of the two threads.. maybe the Path of Command needs to state - Cosairs Summary, Path of Command, Scions of the Void or something?

Or maybe re-title this thread to be: Corsairs in-depth discussion?

finally.. having read the 6th Edition Q&A that has appeared here:

Im sitting here with a new 40k rulebook. AMA : Warhammer

It sems to suggest that jump Pack infantry will get an assault boost.. does this bode well for Jet Pack Corsairs I wonder?

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #184 on: June 25, 2012, 08:54:33 AM »
[mod]Sixth edition discussion can begin when the rulebook is released on 30th June. Until then, let's stay focused on fifth edition please.[/mod]
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #185 on: June 25, 2012, 10:21:59 AM »
I have discovered the Eldar Projects board.. and found that there is another thread named the same as this! (albeit spelt out rather than abbreviated)... It looks like a great concept and has the potential to  be very useful.

Can I request / suggest a clearer definition of the two threads.. maybe the Path of Command needs to state - Cosairs Summary, Path of Command, Scions of the Void or something?

Or maybe re-title this thread to be: Corsairs in-depth discussion?

Yes guys in charge (Kindred I think) have removed the need to have 100 posts under your belt in order to see the projects board. Good on them. As such you can now see the COrsair POC. The Corsair POC in the projects board is where we work on the POC oputline, structure etc... the general idea is I keep the posts all nice and clean and any discussion goes on in the corsair thread on the Exo/harle board. A man of your calibre really shouldn't be getting confused as to what baord they are in, surely?

As for the other think I guess we'll have to wait until saturday to discuss ;)

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #186 on: June 25, 2012, 12:16:21 PM »
Some WIP pictures from my corsairs that I've been busy with this week ;)
Prince

Felarch/Voidstorm A

Felarch/Voidstorm B

Corsair in Jetpack motion

My Shurican Cannon

Rest of WIP pictures
Corsairs pictures by Zilverscale - Photobucket
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 12:18:01 PM by Zilverscale »

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #187 on: June 28, 2012, 10:44:26 AM »
Bit quiet here but I guess everyone, like me is awaiting with baited breath the official release of 6th ed.

But I just had a thought regarding a Hornet conversion. Do you reson it would be possible to make a Hornet using the newer Fire Prism turret??

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #188 on: June 28, 2012, 11:24:32 AM »
Bit quiet here but I guess everyone, like me is awaiting with baited breath the official release of 6th ed.

But I just had a thought regarding a Hornet conversion. Do you reson it would be possible to make a Hornet using the newer Fire Prism turret??

I think so...but the main body of the Hornet is slender compared to the Serpent hull and slightly longer.

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
  • Armies: DE, CWE, Eldar Corsairs
« Reply #189 on: June 30, 2012, 04:46:09 AM »

I can see your line of thought as the fire prism turret is lobster-like. However, what would that turret be on, or what wouldthe turret be the centrepiece for?

My Voidborn Eldar Corsairs

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:
Tau, SM, CSM, 3rd Ed DE (updating to 5th Ed)

Offline Treadiculous

« Reply #190 on: July 1, 2012, 07:04:58 PM »
It seems the Postman was cruel and didn't deliver many peoples book.. I was lucky enough to go into the store on saturday and get one.

I can't divulge too much, especially as Forgeworld have still to do their FAQ's.. but can confirm the Jet Pack assault bonus exists.

Flyers are in, and they rock.

Warp Hunters are less cheesy now, as centre holes are less important.

Grenades are better.

The overall mechanic is much the same, it has turned toward more realism and has a whole load of rules which I consider 'additional'.. ie, rules for objectives that do things, or scenery that has effects etc. I guess tournaments will decide regarding this additional stuff. It does, however, provide a good basis for adding more narrative to a battle.

I think rangers / pathfinders are a bit more favourable now too, since sniper rules are better.

Anyways.. I'll wait til you've got your books so we can discuss it more thouroughly in regard our Corsairs.

--- Edit --- Hornets now rock, cheap, really fast, Jink, hard to Hit ...and able to pump out glancing shots like nobodys business - they will devastate enemy armour!
« Last Edit: July 2, 2012, 07:28:16 AM by Treadiculous »

Offline Lord Ulthanash

• Armies: Eldar: Corsairs and Ulthwe
« Reply #191 on: July 2, 2012, 04:51:03 PM »
So with the new allied rules, who's going to have a load of fun combining Dark Eldar and Eldar units to make their corsair forces? I think it's a more viable option than using IA11, at least until that get's an errata/FAQ (unless one exists and I haven't found it yet?).

He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

Offline greenmtvince

• I build rendundancy into lists with redundancy
    • Void Dreaming - 40K in Space
  • Armies: Sky Raiders Corsairs
« Reply #192 on: July 3, 2012, 08:54:48 AM »
I think combining IA11 corsairs with DE will be more viable.  I'm pretty content with the corsairs themselves.  6th edition is shaping up to be a shooting game and the corsairs do it way better than the craftworlders. 

Plus now that...*some change in the rules* I think jetpack corsairs will be even better.

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #193 on: July 3, 2012, 11:58:35 AM »
I can see your line of thought as the fire prism turret is lobster-like. However, what would that turret be on, or what wouldthe turret be the centrepiece for?
Yeah, the turret would be the main body of the tank. Of course You'd have to sort out some wings or something.... still I might look for a naffed up Prism on ebay for the chop shop

Plus now that...*some change in the rules* I think jetpack corsairs will be even better.

Yup yup, I agree foot'sairs look like flavour of the month. I also think DE allies are more viable than CWE allies. The DE list offers more to the corsairs as we are closer to CWE than our dark cousins....

looking forward to seeing all your new army lists!

Offline greenmtvince

• I build rendundancy into lists with redundancy
    • Void Dreaming - 40K in Space
  • Armies: Sky Raiders Corsairs
« Reply #194 on: July 3, 2012, 04:55:54 PM »
If the FW FAQ goes the way I'm thinking and the allies options look about the same as those for DE or CWE a corsairs list could potentially have:

Corsairs
Craftworld Outcasts
Kabalite Warriors
Harlequins
Tau
Kroot
Vespid
Gue'vesa (IA3)

if you're looking for the widest hodgepodge of units. 

However, I'm thinking that my normal corsairs list with either Ork Freebooterz or DE Wyches is going to be the way to go to compensate for the list's CC weaknesses. 

Offline Treadiculous

« Reply #195 on: July 3, 2012, 08:21:44 PM »
Oooh.. Ork Freebootaz.. I forgot about them, they'll be a great expansion, and will be awesome to have fight one another when I want to play smaller games.

Swooping Hawks also seem quite tempting allies now, as do the improved sniper ranger / pathfinders... though imperial guard with their stacking camo cloak and stealth can get +2 cover save as well.

I'm intrigued by the change to Viel of Tears though.. seemed to have been nerfed quite hard.. but then, in closer range the save is handy - since it works against the snap-fire overwatch when you charge... And if they hug barricades or ruins, they'll have a 2+ cover save.

Hornets are seriously cool now - the flyer rules are great for them, and the low cost ability to glance stuff to death is really good value now.

I also like that Warp Hunters aren't the only thing that calculates blast strength from under the entire template.

Does Hammer of Wrath make Corsairs much better in combat though... are there any units that really benefit since its not that much of a boost?

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #196 on: July 3, 2012, 09:26:44 PM »
FW's FAQ's have vanished ;)

So I hope we'll be getting 6th ed FAQ's real fast :)

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #197 on: July 6, 2012, 05:04:25 AM »
Ok so while we're still waiting for the FW FAQs to come out I still need to sort out my Tourny army for the 40KOL tournement coming up in August. So as I've only had One real chance to look at the New rulebook you guys can help with my list. I think this will also be a good place to start to discuss how the 6thEd rules will affect us pointy eared Pirates.

Ok so, so far I based my army around falcon hulls. This seems to be a no no now but I don't share the doom worthy pessismism of others on here so open for suggestions.

With that basically in mind I think forst we should think about how the rules affect us, what is now our best attributes (if they've changed) and how to build those in to an effective tourne army for me  8)

Seems to me that AP2 weapons and now worth their weight in gold, also S6 spam is a must for HP stripping. fortunately we can do both in big portions. Eldar jetbikes are getting some good press so our sup'd up corsair versions may be even better.

what do you guys think?

Discuss.......

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #198 on: July 6, 2012, 05:19:54 AM »
I think with Jetbikes and Walkers have become a must for S6 spam.
Also expect the Firestorm to get Skyfire (or whatever it's called again) vs flyers.

AP2 weapons got a great boost indeed, also worth it now vs TEQ to take the Void Sabre it's not as bad as it used to be.
Power Axes will also be something to consider or the Power Maul (true worthless vs MEQ/TEQ but good vs carapace and worse).

Princes and the shooting attack are now looking better with whole blast counting full S vs everything under it.

Also note that the new move and get cover rules are also a bonus for us now (as far as i've studied them)

Warp Hunter will be a choices vs TEQ armies....though prime targets for flyers to shoot....so kill flyers first.

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #199 on: July 6, 2012, 05:55:10 AM »
Also expect the Firestorm to get Skyfire (or whatever it's called again) vs flyers.
It already has 8) if it got interceptor this would be awesome and would go a long way to justify the cost of the thing.

AP2 weapons got a great boost indeed, also worth it now vs TEQ to take the Void Sabre it's not as bad as it used to be.
Power Axes will also be something to consider or the Power Maul (true worthless vs MEQ/TEQ but good vs carapace and worse).

Princes and the shooting attack are now looking better with whole blast counting full S vs everything under it.

Also note that the new move and get cover rules are also a bonus for us now (as far as i've studied them)

Warp Hunter will be a choices vs TEQ armies....though prime targets for flyers to shoot....so kill flyers first.

So we're looking;
* The prince for sure as it looks as thought he's got the most buffs (warlord traits, orbital bombardment buff etc...)
* A way to negate flyers; either our own flyers (Nightwicg or Phoenix), or through the firestorm.
* Jetbikes + Wasps with S6 spam
* Falcons with S8 Spam