News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Corsair POC: Scions of the Void  (Read 50498 times)

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
  • Armies: DE, CWE, Eldar Corsairs
Re: Corsair POC: Scions of the Void
« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2012, 06:45:12 AM »
Lazarus even has /had his army and fluff based off of corsairs, lol.  I was wondering if anyone else was old enough on here to remember  :)

Yeap, his mechanised eldar lists, I read them on the Big List of Eldar Lists. Spoke to him several times about the Corsairs, he sold his army.

My Voidborn Eldar Corsairs

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:
Tau, SM, CSM, 3rd Ed DE (updating to 5th Ed)

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2012, 10:31:02 AM »
I forget that n00bs(hate that term) can't see the Projects board. No worries Tread, keep posting here and you'll soon be up to 100 to see the POC in all its glory 8) until then we'll all keep you well informed of the action down there.

Cheers Khorne for the batrep links. I did already have them but as I said I had a code explosion on that posts and had to start over. I'll re post link them when I get a chance.

I like the lightening idea looking at Zilverscale muse pic I can see how to do it too  ;D .

Re colour schemes and things we should consider a catelogue of the known colours of corsair bands.
any one have any, post them up and we'll see what we can do with them. Sounds like a good addition to the rescources section.

EDIT:

On the whole attracting corsair players to this board. I can tell you there is a lot of corsair traffic here. I post about 4-6 posts about Corsairs a day, and thats on everything that has corsair on it. 1-3 new threads on the corsairs are opened every day. And I keep seeing 2-5 guests on those threads. Whoever is watching knows where to go for the corsair dosage.
Indeed! I noticed when I logged on this morning that on the front page in the recent activeity section, Corsair posts made up the majority! We need to keep up the good work. Keep being usefull members of the site as a whole and hopefully Our good efforts will one day be rewarded.

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2012, 04:02:53 PM »

Re colour schemes and things we should consider a catelogue of the known colours of corsair bands.
any one have any, post them up and we'll see what we can do with them. Sounds like a good addition to the rescources section.

Problem here is copyright. However, what we can do is find good examples of colour schemes (Void Dragons, Sunblitz, and Sky Raiders will be easy) where there is none we will have to suffice with a good description and perhaps using those colour scheme templates do them. RT-schemes are still copyright, I can describe and illustrate what they are but wont be able to share my copy of the schemes.

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2012, 05:18:37 PM »
Copywrite? like like our corsair banners  ::)

how about we paint an odd guardian and take a picture of it  8)

Online Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2012, 05:55:46 PM »
Copywrite? like like our corsair banners  ::)

Copyright in the sense that posting any images from GW published sources is an infringement of their copyright, and would, therefore, be removed in accordance with forum rule 1

If you want to post pictures of your own painted models to illustrate colour schemes, then this is, of course, okay  :).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 05:57:59 PM by Irisado »
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2012, 06:15:50 PM »
Are pictures made with that Guardian painting program also copy infringement or not?

PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Biscuit

• Found some love for my *Eldar* again!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks, Spacemarines
« Reply #166 on: June 14, 2012, 07:00:42 AM »
Hi All
I would love to join the POC for the corsairs, I have had some games with the IA11 and loves it, and find it a nice break from playing CWE.

Another question, have any1 tried the Jetpacked deepstriking corsairs? I have played a list with about 3 squads of corsairs, prince, bladesworn, harlies and outcast shadowspecters, nightspinner and warphunter for support.
I found it hard to play but would love to see some lists and your experience

//Biscuit

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2012, 07:05:23 AM »
Another question, have any1 tried the Jetpacked deepstriking corsairs? I have played a list with about 3 squads of corsairs, prince, bladesworn, harlies and outcast shadowspecters, nightspinner and warphunter for support.
//Biscuit

I will be playing jetpack corsairs soon. I used to play them but switched to Falcon-hull corsairs - once I test my "competitive" corsairs list I will move onto jetpacks.

And before I forget,

Welcome to the Void, Biscuit.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 07:11:42 AM by Khorne25 »

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2012, 07:33:03 AM »
Welcome to the Void, Biscuit.
Welcome to the Void, I like it 8)

Yes a few people have tried the jet-pack Corsairs and found them quite effective. In fact I believe this was the de facto modus operandi when we all first got together, since then we've kind of moved on to falcon hull lists just as a natural progression I think.  who knows next we'll all be WWPing !!

You can't see them at the moment Biscuit but there are links to all the batreps we've posted in the POC thread in the Eldar projects page. If you speak very nicely to Khorne he'll send you them ;) (Sorry Khorne I'm just waay too lazy)

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #169 on: June 15, 2012, 06:31:31 AM »
Many thanks Khorne, all now uuploaded into the POC on the project board

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2012, 07:00:10 AM »
I'm currently working through the troops and dedicate transport sections.

If anyone else wants to lend a hand in the Fast Attack or Heavy Support sections feel free.
use the rought template Khonre has provided and post here and we'll upload to the POC on the projects board

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #171 on: June 15, 2012, 08:07:06 AM »
Arq, I have detected some errors with my entries.

I will edit my reply on the PoC WIP thread and then notify you of changes/send you a proof read copy once we're done. For now, the flesh is being put on the skeleton.

Readers, please excuse some errors that may be present. Do point them out but some of them have already been edited on other versions.

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Online Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2012, 09:19:49 AM »
I've checked with Kindred, and the Eldar Project should now be visible to members with fewer than 100 posts.  This means that you don't need to use this thread for posting work carried out in the projects any more.

If anyone has problems with viewing the Eldar Project board, please let me know.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2012, 09:26:08 AM »
Smashing, now we casn better engage the newer members. Lets hope that helps to keep them interested and involved and investing in the site.

Online Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: June 15, 2012, 01:01:13 PM »
Gentlemen, having finally looked at this in detail, I have concerns about the format.  You simply can't list the amount of information you're proposing to include, and stay within the forum rules.  The idea of an encyclopedia is not to list every single piece of equipment and paraphrase what it does in detail, it's merely to serve as a short explanation of what units and weapons are.

For an example of how to construct an encyclopedia, look here.  In fact, why have an encyclopedia of terms in the POC?  Just use the existing encyclopedia board, that's what it's there for.

In short, if you do decide to keep the encyclopedia here and in the Eldar project board:

[mod]Please remove all copyright material from the encyclopedia. Listing transport capacity, and explaining the rules for weapons, upgrades, and units through paraphrasing are not allowed. No post on the forum can be a substitute for owning the codex.[/mod]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 01:03:54 PM by Irisado »

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #175 on: June 15, 2012, 02:05:52 PM »
Gentlemen, having finally looked at this in detail, I have concerns about the format.  You simply can't list the amount of information you're proposing to include, and stay within the forum rules.  The idea of an encyclopedia is not to list every single piece of equipment and paraphrase what it does in detail, it's merely to serve as a short explanation of what units and weapons are.

For an example of how to construct an encyclopedia, look here.  In fact, why have an encyclopedia of terms in the POC?  Just use the existing encyclopedia board, that's what it's there for.

In short, if you do decide to keep the encyclopedia here and in the Eldar project board:

Please remove all copyright material from the encyclopedia.  Listing transport capacity, and explaining the rules for weapons, upgrades, and units through paraphrasing are not allowed.  No post on the forum can be a substitute for owning the codex.

Irisado, can I ask to what extent we can comment on wargear and statlines. I was copying Moc's guide for the new eldar player trying to mimick it exactly and in fact in places using text from his "guide" For those Starting out with Eldar

His does paraphrase what weapons are, what the wargear is and does explain what the USRs and special rules are.

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #176 on: June 15, 2012, 02:27:26 PM »
Some of the problems I'm seeing is that you go into too much detail. Explaining exactly how a rule or piece of equipment works rather than listing the reference page number. moc went over board I now see so there will have to be some changes made there as well. Another example is listing passenger capacities. That's like mentioning min/max numbers for units. Please don't. As a rule of thumb with wargear and equipment, if you were to answer a question in the Rules board with such a detailed answer, would you get smacked for it? If yes, then it's too much and/or too detailed.

For repeating wargear/equipment, just list a codex page for it. You don't need to repeat exactly what it does. A beginners guide shouldn't be a replacement for the basic reading material.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #177 on: June 15, 2012, 02:29:05 PM »
Some of the problems I'm seeing is that you go into too much detail. Explaining exactly how a rule or piece of equipment works rather than listing the reference page number. moc went over board I now see so there will have to be some changes made there as well. Another example is listing passenger capacities. That's like mentioning min/max numbers for units. Please don't. As a rule of thumb with wargear and equipment, if you were to answer a question in the Rules board with such a detailed answer, would you get smacked for it? If yes, then it's too much and/or too detailed.

For repeating wargear/equipment, just list a codex page for it. You don't need to repeat exactly what it does. A beginners guide shouldn't be a replacement for the basic reading material.

Thanks for the clarification. I am pulling my work on the encyclopedia off the forum for heavy editing and review. Ill ping Arq to edit his posts too.

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Online Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: June 15, 2012, 02:38:12 PM »
To add to Rummy's post, it's understandable that you would use moc's framework to help you, but unfortunately, as Rummy has said, he has also gone too far in some of his descriptions.  That thread will be fixed over the course of the weekend now that you've drawn it to our attention.

Also, think of it as a time saving exercise.  The most interesting part of the game, in my opinion at any rate, is not describing the units, it's talking about how to get the best out of them on the table.  In effect, therefore, you are saving yourself work, and will be able to devote more time to tactical discussions, at the same time as complying with the forum rules, so it's a win win situation  :).

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #179 on: June 18, 2012, 04:48:41 AM »
@ Irasado + Rummy.  Will be done today.