News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Lesser Deamons  (Read 383 times)

Offline Catachan Devil Sniper

• Bad Trader Nuff said - BANNED
  • SEIG ZEON!
    • Auzzie'z HQ (Gundam, 40K, tanks and airplane model builders talk and read about models)
Lesser Deamons
« on: October 14, 2007, 07:30:15 PM »
i got 10 Beastmen today in a trade and i was thinkin about using them as lesser deamons but are lesser deamons that good to use and how would a sqd of 20 do?
You can take over ANY goverment with the right amount of TNT!
Vin Diesel made a go cart that ran on the hopes and dreams of orphans, it goes fast

Armies: Zeonic Guard 'Zeon's Devils', 72nd Trench Rats, D-99, Night Lords 'Razors in the Night', Imperial Fists, Emperor's Dragons (SM), Tau

Owner of a 1990 Buick Riviera, 08 Kawaski Ninja 650R Motorcycle
GS for the Xbox 360 now is 10,135 pts

Offline plagued1

Re: Lesser Deamons
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 08:07:45 PM »
They seem pretty sketchy to me.  I mean, they're only very slightly less expensive than actual Chaos Marines and lacking all the shooty parts!  Plus then you have to spend even more points in icons just so you can summon them. 

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 08:11:46 PM »
I personally don't like Lesser Daemons...

Cough, Plaguemarines, Cough 

Anyway, Lesser Daemons are primarily:

-Cheap, spammable scoring units
-CC support for other marines in combat (same stats as a assault marine in combat, except for armor save)
-Fearless, so are great tarpit unit, esp. weapons skill and toughness/str of marine.
-Fearless, so are great at taking fire off the marines if the opponent shoots at them.
-Are tarpit/cheap, useful to cause target priority checks.

SOOO, a unit of 20 would be godly good at taking on swarms of GEQ in combat and being the worst possible tarpit for anyone...

BUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTT,
1. you must deepstrike them from a Icon... 6" away, so arranging the 20 daemons might be really annoying, also, you might just end up killing your own daemons when there isn't enough space to 'complete the ring'.
2. asking for odinance/rapid fire...
3. most likely out of assault range
4. in difficult terrain.
5. Is a huge investment on just one unit... 260 points, it might not seem like alot, but this new codex is about squads of 10 and other units are around the 260-290 points range, IMO.

SOOO, (agian).

2 squads of 10 would be good for CC support
3 Squads of 7 (+1 more daemon) for a mix of scoring units and CC support.
4 squads of 5 would be good for scoring unit spam.

My 2 cents.  Good Luck with them.
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline odog

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 04:55:57 PM »
They are great at getting to cc and tying stuff up.  They won't win cc that much, but if you go with small squads they just get in the way and give your opponent more to think about.  Chances are, you'll end up having a few icons in the list anyways so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Offline PaJohnChaos

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 07:06:11 PM »
can you say spammers?

i say being able to hit a person with 4 squads of 5 would defenatly tie them up and give you plenty of time to move another unit into place to help them

its very well worth it and fun to say the least.
What a beloved day for war. Or pie...Pie wars? mmmmm pie