News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: I needs sum help plz  (Read 313 times)

Offline Fu22y106ic

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
I needs sum help plz
« on: April 3, 2004, 11:45:37 AM »
Hi everyone this is my first post here and i need some help.
I wanna start playing warhammer 40k but i have no clue what army to pick. I have played a couple of games with my friends tau army and they seemed pretty good. I dont wanna play tyranids,orks or sisters of battle but other than that all the other races seem ok. SO could someone recommend something.
P.S. im on a tight budget so nothing 2 expenie plz

Offline Koonitz

• Ignorance is your greatest enemy
  • Ancient
Re: I needs sum help plz
« Reply #1 on: April 3, 2004, 12:16:44 PM »
What kind of playing style do you like? Do you like lots of shooting? Do you like close combat? Do you like tactical flexibility? Do you like toughness and the ability to take and dish damage despite lack of considerable numbers? Do you like a REAL MAN'S ARMY?

Well, if you picked the last one and the first one, you want to be recruited into Our Holy Emperor's Blessed Imperial Guard.
Otherwise, Tau are a good army, but not easy...
A forgiving army would be the Space Marines (AKA: SMurfs), but the over abundance of players that play SMurfs have tarnished the name *stomps on it* I would suggest you avoid that army (Or any sub-army of it, such as the Blood Angels) unless you absolutely have to.

Once you make your choice, pick up the Codex for that army, and if you have the money on hand, the $100 (roughly) box army to get started. If you don't have a friend with one, get a Rulebook, as you need to know the rules to play.

While you are collecting, keep this fact in mind: This is a HOBBY, NOT just a game! It will be expensive. If you don't have the income to maintain that, I suggest you rethink your idea of starting this hobby.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2004, 12:19:56 PM by Koonitz »
"I like to think of this lovely place as my home. Now you wouldn't even think about upsetting me in my home, would you? Of course you wouldn't. So do what I say, when I say, and I won't get upset. I do bad things when I'm upset."
-Drill Instructor, MechWarrior 2

"It is not my responsibility to prove you are wrong. It is your responsibility to prove you are right."
-Koonitz

"The next time you decide to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face."
- Captain Malcolm Reynolds