Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Angel  (Read 529 times)

Offline Wargamer

• Codex King, Field Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Guess what I've been doing!
Angel
« on: September 16, 2005, 05:26:55 PM »
"She was beautiful, a thing of beauty whose every move was both wonderous and elegant.

"She came out of nowhere, flanked by a troupe of beings both brilliant and terrible. Our weapons couldn't hit them, they moved so fast. One leapt high above the rest, swinging around an ebony laser that sliced through our Hammerhead support like paper. Kovash team were assailed, and torn apart in a heartbeat. The Kroot tried to join the fray, but were gunned down. Those who survived fell to the swords of these shimmering foes.

"That was when I saw her. She floated through the air, as if mocking the laws of gravity. She landed, balanced on the tips of her toes, upon the top of a gun drone that completely failed to register her presence. I caught a glimpse of her face, and it filled me with sadness. Silver tears twinkled in the corners of her eyes, and I wept. Her albino form moved gently, like a branch blowing in the wind, and all who met her gaze joined me in the weepng.

"Then she leapt. The drone beneath her exploded, and she landed amongst us. She danced, slowly, gracefully, every movement filling us with joy and sorrow in equal measure. Ui'Vias reached out to stroke her silver hair, and she floated softly around him, stroking her arm down his back. He fell in two, cyan blood a sharp contrast to his volcano-red Vior'La Caste armour.

"She continued to dance, and though my comrades died, I did not care. All I wanted was to go to her, to touch her beautiful skin, to taste the scent of her. To each of us she came, grantly a touch both heavenly and fatal. Finally, she came to me. She stroked my head softly, and rose my chin with a slender digit to look into my eyes. She was intoxicating. Her scent made me feel warm and weightless, her figure was perfect. She had me transfixed.

"Then she turned away sharply, and rejoined her comrades. As one they vanished, leaping and somersaulting back into the woods. It took me a few seconds to acknolwedge the wound she left me; a brutal slash across my gut. Where it not for the timely arrival of Mal'caor team, I would surely have died...

"...but it would have been worth it, just for a chance to see that angel again."

Was a General of the Imperial Guard, now more of a freelance Captain sort of thing. Ish. Keeping the rank pins though, they look nice.

EOdex Harlequin Player, now and always.
Death to the fake Harlequins!

"Let's make some mischief!"
-175th Galetonian.

Offline Commissar Bryn

Re: Angel
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 06:32:06 PM »
Interesting work. I like how well you portayed the characters' emotions. What, pray tell, is this angel? She sounds somewhat like an Eldar Banshee aspect.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 06:34:14 PM by Commissar Bryn »

Offline Wargamer

• Codex King, Field Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Guess what I've been doing!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 06:42:25 PM »
They're Harlequins.

One leapt high above the rest, swinging around an ebony laser that sliced through our Hammerhead support like paper.
This is reference to a Death Jester with a Bright Lance. Also, the numerous references to dancing were a clue. However, if you'd rather invision the Shadowseer as a Banshee, feel free to do so. ;)

Was a General of the Imperial Guard, now more of a freelance Captain sort of thing. Ish. Keeping the rank pins though, they look nice.

EOdex Harlequin Player, now and always.
Death to the fake Harlequins!

"Let's make some mischief!"
-175th Galetonian.

Offline Commissar Bryn

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 07:54:45 PM »
Sorry, I'm not familiar with Harlequins at all. I always kind of invisioned Eldar Banshees as gracefully dancing about the battlefield, carving the enemy up with obscene ease, kinda like how the Death Jester was described. My bad.

Offline RAVEN KRW

• Abyss Lord
  • Let Slip The Dogs Of War
    • Ravenstone
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 05:27:19 PM »
Impressive story you have there.