News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Beastmasters  (Read 2080 times)

Offline naiatoc

Beastmasters
« on: March 18, 2014, 03:15:57 AM »
I am taking my Dark Eldar off the shelf and finally getting around to painting them. I have plenty of new stuff sitting in boxes and a bunch of old stuff that I will repaint and fold in with my new.

On to my question. Is a Beastmaster Death Star viable? Build a big squad of Beastmaster and beasts. Attach The Baron to the squad and let her rip.

Is that effective, or does it only look good on paper? How many beasts is enough? Which ones are best? I like the Khymera and the Razorwing Flocks. Do I use a web way portal to help get them in quicker, or can they just run across the board?

Before I invest in the models, I want to know if it's a decent option?

Offline uarusstrabo

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Beastmasters
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 12:10:53 PM »
A Beastmaster unit made up of 2 Beastmasters each with 2 Razorwing flocks has proved to be an asset.  Fast, cheap and deadly, they can tarpit larger units and rip through smaller units.   Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 12:12:31 PM by uarusstrabo »

Offline Revener

• Moooo!
    • VÄS
Re: Beastmasters
« Reply #2 on: April 3, 2014, 06:52:58 PM »
I usually run 2  beastmasters with 10 khymeras  as a cheap unit.  Thats over 40 attacks on the charge, its a nice little  unit that the enemy  can't ignore. Its a shoot  my  boats or  kill  my  beast unit choice.

« Last Edit: April 3, 2014, 07:25:51 PM by Revener »
Anyway......