News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 tourney army  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Warlord Argh

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
1850 tourney army
« on: October 21, 2014, 09:42:11 AM »
OK, I played a similar list to try the bully boyz out.  I made a few tweaks - I will show the differences in the list.

Bully Boyz
3 squads of MANZ in trukks, no extra stuff.
2 squads of trukk boyz with PK and BP
2 squads of Tankbustas with Nob - BP and bomb squig - trukks
Boss on Bike with PK and Big boss pole
Painboy on bike
5 man bike squad w Nob and PK

2 squads of 2 rokkit buggies
gretchin

I had a Battle wagon with 17 boyz a mega boss w/ lucky stick and a painboy.  That was targeted first stranding my boss, and in one game against Ultramarines...the drop pod melta guns destroyed the BW and then the vindicator killed my warboss turn 1.  I won that game by tableing the opponent. SO is the BW a good sacrifice? or will the bikes fare better?

Let me know.

Argh

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: 1850 tourney army
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 11:00:01 AM »
The bikes will fare well, as they can spread out a bit and not all get wiped out by large templates.

As for your BW, maybe add a big mek with KFF (and nothing else) to give the BW a save, and combined with grots for the "It will not die" makes the BWs hard to kill. Try it you'll like it.

As for me, I finally won a game with my tri-detachment list, that fills all my fast attack slots, but it came down to the wire. I had one objective the marines had the other, my death coptas went after the four marines near the third objective. If the marine player had made just one more cover save they would have won the game as troops trump other units for controlling objectives. As it was, bottom of turn 6, one dice roll decided the game.

"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Warlord Argh

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 03:55:56 PM »
well I replaced the bikes with deffkoptas (5) nothing special on them.  Added a boss with the big boss pole and a painboy.  Thye soaked up all the damage any of my three oponents could dish allowing my trukks to run around and drop loads of boys off where ever they were needed.  Inn every game the trukk from one squad had to move Megas to the fight, as their trukk was destroyed.  Both my first and second opponent were chaos marines. first was a khorne army that had 5 cultist squads a troop with a monster champion with that demon axe.  what a pain in the ass he was.  he also had an squad with Karn.  I took out all but 2 inconsequential cultist squads.  Karn charged my boss on the bike wit the coptas along with a cultist squad.  I survived the challenge with bad rolls from him and killed Karn.  second turn all 3 mega squads took out a heavy tank each (2 landraiders and a predator). His champion wiped out one of my mega nob units. but that was the only threat left.  I shot that unit with 24 tankbustas and 5 trukk rokkits, and 6 buggy rockits. killed them all. 

second chaos was nurgle and had a flying demon, a large bike squad that became invisible along with 3 squads of noise marines and 2 squads of obliterators.  1st turn he flew the demon into my charge range.  I got lucky and he grounded with 2 wounds left, I charged my megas in and killed it.  then he charged my coptas with his bikes thinking it was an easy win.  I held him until the next round where the megas that killed the demon charged in and killed the bikes.  the tankbustas took out his helldrake in round as well.  then it was mop up time.

next was the bloodiest battle yet against necrons - monolith, destroyers, wraiths with lord, emotep with mind shackles and a royal court teleporty dude.  I took out his heavy barge, monolith and flyer all turn 2.  assaulted his wraiths and lord with HQ and Mega squad.  lost a few, but wiped him off the board.  charged a mega nob squad into the 15 warrior royal court....bad idea he has a s8 ap2 flamer that laso uses in hth.. lost the squad quickly.  so I shot and killed 12 of 15 and only 3 came back.  never even tried to get to emotep(sp).  I won by 2 points.

I won the tourney, and a lot of fun was had by all.  3 - 0 to Orks,   

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 07:08:32 PM »
Congrats on the tourney win, it is good to krump the enemy, see them flee before you, and hear the lamentations of their players.... 8)

I am thinking that the new speed freak list will have more death coptas than bikes nowdays, as they just seem to do better. Don't forget that jink save, it really does make them last longer...  ;D

Again, congrats, too bad there were no pictures, I love seeing orks in action. Good stuff, no go and do more good stuff.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak