News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000pt Armoured company Finale Army List - Need a hand!  (Read 347 times)

Offline Vespasian Swiper

• Dear Live Journal...
  • Damn Dora...
    • Club DM
2000pt Armoured company Finale Army List - Need a hand!
« on: August 23, 2006, 05:13:36 PM »
1994 Points list

Simple tactics, fighting against Lucuis and some traitor marines, use templates to keep them down, lines of tanks slowly advancing... griding down our enemies...

Simplistic.

Any thoughts on the list?

HQ – 247
Command Tank - 247
Exterminator
Command Tank
Hull Heavy Bolter
Sponson Heavy Bolters
Heavy Stubber

Elites 255

Tank Ace (255)
Vanquisher
Tank Ace
Lascannon

Troops = 664
Leman Russ
Lascannon
Heavy Bolter Sponson

Leman Russ
Lascannon
Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Leman Russ (167)
Lascannon
Heavy Bolter Sponsons
Heavy Stubber

Leman Russ (167)
Heavy Stubber
Heavy Bolter Sponsons
Heavy Bolter

Fast Attack = 317
Salamander (122)
Heavy Stubber
Hunter Killer Missile

1st Squadron (100)
2nd Edition Sentinels
2 Autocannons

2nd Squadron (95)
1 Mars Pattern – Multilaser
1 2nd Edition – Autocannon

Heavy Support = 511
Demolisher (187)
Lascannon
Plasma Cannons
Heavy Stubber

Demolisher (187)
Lascannon
Plasma Cannons
Heavy Stubber

Basilisk (137)
Heavy Stubber
Indirect fire
Its an even stranger day when you have a fat Games Workshop-Fanboy Ninja declare to end you for something you did for April Fools on Teh Interwebz.

It's a strange day in the world where I find myself agreeing more often than not with Swiper.  :D

Offline Lieutenant Mack

• Lieutenant
  • For the Emperor!
Re: 2000pt Armoured company Finale Army List - Need a hand!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 07:45:02 PM »
I see no glaring defects in your list. You have plenty of heavy templates to drop on the traitors, and a good mix of anti tank and anti infantry support guns as well. Some may question the multiple Sentinel configuration, but I actually prefer in large games to group them also. Usually they will not be a priority target, and with multiple shots from a platoon, you are more likely to have success against their intended targets. However I like one platoon to be Armageddon pattern, and the other Cadian pattern. This way you can have some specialized tank hunters, so you can spread your templates around elsewhere. Again, this is only a preference in large (1800+) games.

Listen up you slack jawed maggots. Until you are lucky enough to die by the Emperors grace, you will do what I say without question, without concern for your own safety, and without hesitation. Do I make myself clear?

Offline Jet

• Major
  • CuZ Ima BadBoy
Re: 2000pt Armoured company Finale Army List - Need a hand!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 09:59:15 PM »
Everything looks pretty good.

Fast Attack = 317
Salamander (122)
Heavy Stubber
Hunter Killer Missile
I wonder why noone ever fields them?  This tanks will be great at taking objectives at the last moment.  I would drop the Hunter killer and add smoke and extra armour to keep this puppy on the move and alive.

2nd Squadron (95)
1 Mars Pattern – Multilaser
1 2nd Edition – Autocannon
Why not use the last points to make it two autocannons?  They can both be good to take out lightly armoured vehicles.

With the last point why not add a search light to a tank?  You never know when your gonna need it.
"True Kings never die"