News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 176178 times)

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #460 on: October 3, 2011, 02:56:46 AM »
Thanks for the welcome boyz  :)  my current Ork project is an IA8 Dread Mob, of which the Big Trakk is part - strength as of now is 6 Deff Dreads, 6 Killa Kans (plus 3 more Kans not built yet), a Meka-Dread HQ, a few units of Spanna Boyz in scrap trukks, and a FW Lifta Droppa (also not built yet).

There's also a Stompa lurking somewhere under my painting desk...
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #461 on: October 3, 2011, 08:12:12 AM »
The Bank Account is updated.

We have two more members, we are getting closer and closer to the Green Tide.

Some good stuff going on here, and more good stuff with all the Orktober activites currently running. There should be bags of teef getting handed out at the end of the month.

As always, if I missed anything just let me know and I will get your account credited tootie sweetie. (For all you new orks, that is French for "Right Quick")  ;D
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #462 on: October 3, 2011, 09:10:22 PM »
I'd like to propose that we give more teef for battle reports...  Having written a bunch of them and added graphics, i can say it is very time consuming and should be worth some more teef... 

I propose we create a tiered system for awarding teef for battle reports...  Something like...

Basic decription of a battle...... 2 teef
Detailed description........ .........+2 teef
Pics and/or graphics........... ......+2 teef

What do you guys think?

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #463 on: October 3, 2011, 10:21:28 PM »
That seems reasonable to me, but one alteration. I think pictures should only be +1, it's easy to press a button. But I do agree there should be a quality modifier.

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #464 on: October 4, 2011, 03:48:07 AM »
I'd like to propose that we give more teef for battle reports...  Having written a bunch of them and added graphics, i can say it is very time consuming and should be worth some more teef...

The bosses will consider your proposal adamscurr.  As for you posting a lot of batreps there aren't any that I'm seeing in the WotW Bat Rep section, did you post links to the batreps and they didn't get added to the section (if so AoD is running behind on updating the main thread, although he's really on the ball with that responsibility, so if he has it was most likely a mistake).

As for teef, remember that teef are not given, they're earned for going above and beyond the standard poster.  It's an incentive for being an excellent poster, as well as something that we (the heads of the WotW) are giving back to the community.  Lord knows that before we founded the WotW Skeetergod wasn't spending time updating the rosters each week.  That's a LOT of effort and work, and it requires him to be practically omnipresent over the forum.

If you are interested in earning more teef than normal for BatReps, might I suggest the Fixin Da Krooza campaign.  I know it probably sounds like me shamelessly pluggin an event that I'm running, but in that you earn 5 teef per bat rep instead of the current standard faire (just because I wanted to be nice and give out gobs of teef).

Like I said, your proposal will be discussed.  But do keep in mind that we gave it a flat price because then we don't have someone asking why they didn't get a bonus for a "detailed description".

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #465 on: October 4, 2011, 09:49:37 AM »
I ordered this about a week ago before I joined the WotW, but its arrival today seemed appropriate  ;D

I got it here, if anyone wants one too. And who wouldn't!
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #466 on: October 4, 2011, 10:00:36 AM »
That is too kool, do they have one with an Evil Suns glyph? I might get one just to wear to Waaagh days.  ;) Of course it would have to be red...  :)

"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #467 on: October 4, 2011, 01:18:47 PM »
I've posted about 8 or 9 bat reps since joining...  I didn't know they needed to be posted anywhere othe than in the BatRep thread at the top of the forums page...  I believe they were also linked here as well... 

Adam

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #468 on: October 5, 2011, 08:13:33 AM »
You did it right, posting a batrep on the batrep forum and then linking it here is the correct way to do it. The only exception is when we are having a contest thread like we are this month with the kruiser campaign, and then you post the link in that thread.

I do enjoy reading your batreps, and I believe I have commented on them too. I have also done a few other batreps including a campaign, and I hope you all enjoyed reading it.

For those who may have missed it, you can find the Wolf Time thread link in the first page of this thread, where AoD only lists batreps that are noteworthy (otherwise it would use up all his space for running the WoTW).

Now all of you don't go ballistic here, this is meant as an advertisement to see if you can create a batrep that is noteworthy enough to get listed on the first page of this thread, and not a reason to send your mad doc assassin after me.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2011, 03:24:13 PM by SKEETERGOD »

Offline Koval, Master Verispex

• 40kOnline's Care Bear of Tanks | The Velvet Glove of Fated Tenderness and Ambition
  • Ancient
  • Well, that was unexpected...
  • Armies: Imperial Guard (Indelvian 190th Mechanised)
« Reply #469 on: October 5, 2011, 02:17:25 PM »
That is too kool, do they have one with an Evil Suns glyph? I might get one just to wear to Waaagh days.  ;) Of course it would have to be red...  :)
Or blue. Blue is lucky. Don't wear purple though, nobody would ever see you there.

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #470 on: October 5, 2011, 04:19:44 PM »
Now all of you don't go ballistic here, this is meant as an advertisement to see if you can create a batrep that is noteworthy enough to get listed on the first page of this thread, and not a reason to send your mad doc assassin after me.

My Mad Dok roams with my ard boyz and they assassinate everything and then take a break to chase after butterflies. 

Skeet hit it right on the nose.  Space is really the issue more so than anything.  I would love to have 70-100 battle report links listed but it would take up a lot of space and be very hard to organize. The way it is done now seems to be very functional.

On a side note:  If you have an extended campaign you participate in or a really great battle report that you feel would be a great teaching tool, send me a PM with the link and please include what you want the link to be called, it will be reviewed if you want it posted in the actual battle report section.   

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #471 on: October 7, 2011, 02:48:08 PM »
Got a new BatRep posted...

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=217702.0

BTW...  I wasn't trying to start a stink or anything, or say I deserve more teef for previous bat reps...  I think you guys might have misunderstood me...  I just wanted to suggest we change our policy on teef since it takes so long to write a post a bat rep!  ;D

Adam

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #472 on: October 8, 2011, 07:17:05 AM »
The Bank Account is updated. Some good stuff, we need more good stuff.

Well the prize for a batrep has been raised to 5 teef. It would take too much work to make a graded amount of teef. So a decent batrep will get the full amount of teef, while substandard or psudo batreps will get nothing. For example if I post a mini batrep that just highlights the activities of the battle then I don't expect any teef, but if I take the time and trouble to post a blow by blow, move by move description, and add some pictures to sorta increase the enjoyment of the reader then I would expect to earn some teef.

The "good" batrep is highly subjective, for example a new person writes up their latest battle, and posts it in the batrep forum, but doesn't put in enough detail or any graphics or pictures you have to give them something for the effort, and leave some feed back for improvement on future batreps.

I personally enjoy pictures of models, as I enjoy looking at painted models and how others have created their army. I like the graphics some people use, but I like pictures better. So, am I going to take the time to grade a batrep and penalize it for no pictures, or award less because it has graphics instead of pictures?  No, it is easier to just give 5 teef to those who do a batrep, and for those who try to submit substandard batreps, I am sure the forum would beat me to the punch on giving "constructive criticism".

@Adamscurr, Now the one you just posted, since it is part of the Orktober campaign won't get any teef until the campaign is concluded and OD from TV posts a list of who earned what.

As for other members who do batreps, make sure to post the link to it here so that I can find it, and yes; only ork batreps earn teef. Members of the WoTW who post batreps about other races do not earn teef for that.

Silly aliens, teef are for orks.

As always, if I missed any teef earning activity, just send me a PM (with a link) and I will get the account updated tooty sweety.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 08:14:14 AM by SKEETERGOD »

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #473 on: October 11, 2011, 03:12:08 PM »
Great...  And you'll be happy to know that my latest BatRep includes many pics... lol

I'm glad you are increasing the teef though...  It does take some time and effort to make good battle reports, and I think it is a good plan to reward people for the effort!

Adam

Offline Kite66

« Reply #474 on: October 12, 2011, 10:47:22 PM »
I 'erd ther waz a scrap o'er 'ere an figurd i wud join in.

And with that, I am now going put mega armor on my boss with liberal use of bitz and/or plasticard.

Le sigh, there was a reason I havn't started orks much, much sooner; because I would want to convert everything... I feel that my free time is doomed for quite awhile...

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #475 on: October 13, 2011, 08:22:41 AM »
I 'erd ther waz a scrap o'er 'ere an figurd i wud join in.

And with that, I am now going put mega armor on my boss with liberal use of bitz and/or plasticard.

Le sigh, there was a reason I havn't started orks much, much sooner; because I would want to convert everything... I feel that my free time is doomed for quite awhile...

Welcome to the Green Side!

Your name has been added to the bank account, you will see it there on the next update. Now, in the event that you didn't look at the stickies above, you should go to Boot Camp here at THIS LINK
Make sure to read the first page of this thread, as it has all the rules and the all important FAQ.

You are right, the orks are the most lootingest group around, and making each model unique is just part of the fun, converting vehicles (and painting them red) is also a fantastic endeavor that will be never ending and rewarding at the same time. I see it is too late to warn you that orks are addictive, so just go with and enjoy the addiction.  ;D

Again, welcome to the WoTW, may you have many good krumping days.

Offline Admiral Dred

• Ork Boy
  • My personal chapter: Phalanxi Astartes
« Reply #476 on: October 13, 2011, 07:59:34 PM »
I wonder if there will ever be a time where I can nominate SKEETERGOD for an award for his contribution via teef banking.

Its a hard job, I mean some of them have cavities and the freshly picked ones are just...  :o  And to have to sort them...
Sense just doesn't make sense, if you just happen to make sense of it all.
I use Calgar as terrain/objective.   8)
I'm only missing 4 teeth so I should be doing fairly well in Ork World.
When in doubt, C4. --- Jamie Hyneman

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #477 on: October 14, 2011, 06:21:27 PM »
Long time lurker, occassional poster, but Orks have become my go-to-army in 40k over the last couple of years; not least because of all the konversion possibilities, and I've had a lot of fun modelling a bunch of stuff, even if a lot of it remains partially complete. Now I need some motivation to finish and paint them all, so I thought I'd join up to the WotW, as posting progress has helped before :)

I thought I might start by finishing modelling (and painting!) my big mek, if it's ok to enter the current competition at this stage? I don't have any super-heavy, but I like the idea of starting with a big mek, who can then build the rest of my army, fluff-wise ;) If not, I'll post some pics somewhere anyway.

Yellow is the new Green . . .

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #478 on: October 14, 2011, 07:22:20 PM »
Baron Wastelands, Welcome to the Green Side

Your name has been added to the bank account, you will see it there on the next update (which happens on Mondays).

Now, in the event that you didn't look at the stickies above, you should go to Boot Camp here at THIS LINK

Then, make sure to read the first page of this thread, as it has all the rules and the all important FAQ.

After all that go to Go Big or Go Home and post your desire to enter your big mek there, it Angel of Death 007 accepts you then go for it. Once you start getting some pictures of your stuff, make sure to make a Faces of The Waagh entry so we can see some of your army.

Glad to have you with us, and have a green day  ;D

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #479 on: October 14, 2011, 07:42:30 PM »
Question about the faces thread, have we decided to make it where we can post more pics or do a new post to add more pics or what? I know I wanna add more pics but don't wanna break the rules (again)  :P

@SKEETERGOD where did you get the ork emocons?

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting