News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 153868 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2011, 08:14:13 AM »
I would like to swell the ranks of the green tide.

Welcome to the green side

Your name has been added to the bank account. Now, in the event that you didn't look at the stickies above, you should go to boot camp here at THIS LINK

Glad to have you aboard, and your the first member where I did not have to rearrange the page to fit you in 8)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
  • Shhh....be warry warry quiet, I'm huntn' umies...
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2011, 10:07:42 AM »
So I have a wedding tomorrow and friday.....so I guess it's an all nighter tonight to finish this up....yay

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2011, 01:10:26 AM »
I did a how to on making my Green Baron http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=212429.0

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2011, 09:33:02 AM »
Nice job on the tutorial, makes me want to go try one. But the Green Baron I have now might get jealous, so maybe I will just threaten him with a replacement if he does poorly, or an upgrade if he does really well. (LOL)

I am still working on making 3 death copters into buggies, I think I found some wheels (using "Hot Wheels", works out to about $1 a wheel) so I won't be starting on this new Green Baron project for a bit.

I left a comment on your thread, and awarded you 2 teef.

"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2011, 11:41:57 AM »
I am still working on making 3 death copters into buggies, I think I found some wheels (using "Hot Wheels", works out to about $1 a wheel) so I won't be starting on this new Green Baron project for a bit.

For one of my buggies I used a matchbox crusher truck wheels and they worked nice...   I am going to try to make some deff kopta buggies but I plan on using the wheels from the model car/truck kits I am using to build some of my trukks since I am using the ork trukk wheels on those kits. 

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2011, 07:10:37 PM »
Yes, the Hot Wheels I am talking about are the Monster Jam trucks, that are Hot Wheel scale monster trucks (like Bigfoot, etc.) and the tires look about the right size. This means I have to buy 3 of them to loot the wheels for my coptabuggies project.

I am just now finishing my kommando project, using barrels and big gun parts with ork arms and bits, so next up is the copta buggies project.

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2011, 12:31:51 AM »
I'm happy you liked the baron walk through, boss. my next one for the rokkit buggy will be ready when this last wheel dries and I'll start carving him up and posting it complete with pics.

I must ask, as I did on the other thread, was the walk through concise enough or should I add more content?

Here's my walk through on the rokkit buggy

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?action=forum
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 12:09:44 PM by Rayvn70 »

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2011, 08:07:47 AM »
The bank account is updated, some good news; the waagh is growing. I will have to ask the AOD if we are now bigger than the Eldar POCs, and if so that means we need to wage waagh against them.

Some good stuff out there this week, so lets keep up with the good stuff, with some more good stuff.

Rayvvn70; HMMM, it seems you have the wrong link listed, as for your other question, a little more detail on cutting, like where and how you determine what gets cut and what stays.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:48:21 AM by SKEETERGOD »

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2011, 04:16:42 PM »
The bank account is updated, some good news; the waagh is growing. I will have to ask the AOD if we are now bigger than the Eldar POCs, and if so that means we need to wage waagh against them.

Rayvvn70; HMMM, it seems you have the wrong link listed, as for your other question, a little more detail on cutting, like where and how you determine what gets cut and what stays.

Skeetergod we are bigger than most of the individual eldar POC's with the exception of the Saim-Hann POC The Wild Host who I believe still has us beat. 

As far as waging war vs the eldar I am game as long as i don't have to take on those beslubbering jetbike councils.... My kan wall army despises them. 

Rayvn70 a good way to show were to make cut lines is just to take a photo of a death kopta or death kopta sprue and bring up the picture in paint...   Draw a Red line with tools showing where to make cut lines then save the picture.  This is a very easy way I have seen others use in the past.

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #89 on: April 1, 2011, 01:44:00 PM »

Some good stuff out there this week, so lets keep up with the good stuff, with some more good stuff.

WRONG, the Waagh only numbers some 45-ish dudes at present.
Some of the Eldar POC's are still bigger, Saim-Hann is actually 50+, and if you combine them all (6 POC's) there are some 200-ish Eldar POC members.

I do agree with the rest and that the waagh is diffenently headed in the right direction (and actually more active than any single Eldar POC) but we are not quite at the point to that we can poke fingers at any other groups, as we is still not big enough.

Get yer stomping boots on boys, recruit some of da grubs in yer neck of da woods, as der is still lotz of work fer us ta do.

Cheers.
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Doopsie

• Ork Boy
« Reply #90 on: April 1, 2011, 02:06:41 PM »
Well, I figure after about a year of playin Orks, it's time for me to finally join up in the Waaagh. So sign me up, o' mighty ones.

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #91 on: April 1, 2011, 03:22:29 PM »
Welcome to the fold Doopsie.

@ Moc
Yes, if you combine all the Eldar players it is at a 200+ level, however what was being looked at was a pure PoC/CoC size comparison, as several months ago we tied Iyanden for the third largest membership rate.  At that time (if my memory is correct), first and second was a close race between Siam Hann and Imperial Guard (although if you count the Imperial Guard's retired officer section it is by far and wide the largest CoC on the boards, however I believe they are in the 'retired' section because they are no longer active).

I think most (if not all) members know that this site started out as Eldar Online, and it evolved to encompass all the races.  In my opinion though it is still without a doubt the Eldar and Dark Eldar sections that have the most traffic and the most active community.  This is why the first 40kwide campaign (Gutstikk's Summer Campaign of 08) was primarily geared for Eldar players (building on the Eldar Campaign for the Cerriwandas) and had more Eldar players than any other faction.

At the moment there is no doubt in my mind that if we were to set up a challenge or campaign against any Eldar PoC, we would be heavily outnumbered because there would probably be members of other PoC's that would join in the fight.  But that doesn't mean we can't dream...

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #92 on: April 2, 2011, 09:13:53 AM »
Well, I figure after about a year of playin Orks, it's time for me to finally join up in the Waaagh. So sign me up, o' mighty ones.

Your name has been added to the bank account. Welcome to the green side.

Offline Chaplain Swordwind

• Infinity Circuit | Painboy
  • Faith is my shield, the Wailing Doom is my sword!
    • Click here for generic Math-Hammer tool.
« Reply #93 on: April 2, 2011, 10:33:08 AM »
Yooz guyz got room for one more mean greenskin?  I'zz already gotz some good experience under my teef; I luv thumpin' on hummies and anyting else dat getz in da way.
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the unprepared.

Join the Swordwind!

My Eldar Project

Chaplain Swordwind is right about, ehm...everything.

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #94 on: April 2, 2011, 02:10:06 PM »
Yooz guyz got room for one more mean greenskin?

Well for the head of the Swordwind/Bahzhakhain/Tempest of Blades/Biel Tan PoC, I think we can find more than enough room for you.  Besides the couple of Bootcamp articles you wrote were spot on, and great advice for Ork players.

And speaking of which, for those of you Greenhorns out there, if you haven't read any of the Boot Kamp articles (shame on you), or don't know where they are (which should earn you a swift kickin from this boss), its the top Sticky.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline Yessum

• Ork Yoof
« Reply #95 on: April 2, 2011, 07:26:28 PM »
ok i'd like to join the waagh :)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #96 on: April 3, 2011, 04:05:29 PM »
Chaplain Swordwind and Yessum; Welcome to the Green Side.

Now Yessum, in the event that you didn't look at the stickies above, you should go to Boot Camp here at
THIS LINK
Of course Chaplain Swordwind, since you wrote about half the boot camp you can just browse to see whats new  ;)

Your names have been entered into the bank account, you will see them there on the next update. (I update every Monday)

Again, glad to have you with us, together we will WAAAGH!!

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
« Reply #97 on: April 3, 2011, 05:26:46 PM »
Welcome both of you *grumbles something about panzees* Question for ya, anyone who can answer please send me a PM and post as well as the knowledge will be good for the hoard. As you know I'm trying to get my how-tos made into articles I'm not completely clear of the process I've done as was suggested with the paint program and showed my cut lines and where I glued and such just need to know can copy the thread over, if so how, do I retype it should I get get people to look them over.

Also I wasn't too sure where to post these questions but as Skeet, Angel and now Storm have all gotten articles it seemed silly to make a new thread unsure where it would go than to ask here. I also have a good technic for doing ork skin that I'm working on posting and hopping to add to Angel's awesome painting guide as well as my way of doing yellow and red. I'm a speed painter so most of the colors I do is about 2-3 steps and on to the next color

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #98 on: April 3, 2011, 05:51:50 PM »
As you know I'm trying to get my how-tos made into articles I'm not completely clear of the process I've done as was suggested with the paint program and showed my cut lines and where I glued and such just need to know can copy the thread over, if so how, do I retype it should I get get people to look them over.

Also I wasn't too sure where to post these questions but as Skeet, Angel and now Storm have all gotten articles it seemed silly to make a new thread unsure where it would go than to ask here. I also have a good technic for doing ork skin that I'm working on posting and hopping to add to Angel's awesome painting guide as well as my way of doing yellow and red. I'm a speed painter so most of the colors I do is about 2-3 steps and on to the next color

Good idea, brilliant, we do need a standard operating procedure (SOP) that we can refer budding authors to, so that they can get published.

This is how I did it, it may not be the "SOP" but it works. With a new thread in this forum introduce your tactica/how to article and solicit critique/corrections. Then once you have it all corrected, and there are no more new comments for a week, copy and paste it into a new thread in the ork project board. Make sure to link to it from your original post. After making the corrections suggested in the ork project, you then go to the article board and post it there, it will not be viewable as it will be awaiting moderation/editing. Notify a project editor (our boss, OD from TV, is one) and wait. After a week you should have something to either fix the article, or it is accepted. Once it is accepted the project editor notifies a mod and your article goes live.

As you see it is not a fast process,  much quality control goes into the process. After all, we don't want to look like stupid orks to the general public.  :o

If any others of you wish to chime in and add your two teef about how to get published, then please do. I will (or maybe trick Angel of Death into doing it) compile it all and make a SOP to refer others to. The other possibility is that such a SOP already exists, (but I couldn't find it) and we can just straight up link to it.

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #99 on: April 3, 2011, 08:03:59 PM »
Doopsie, Yessum, and Chaplain Swordwind welcome aboard.  I will have you added to our list and will get your titles to you soon.   Chaplain Swordwind it is good to see you back stateside I hope all has been well with you and it is really good to see you turn to the other green side. 

Rayvn70: 
Ork Project Board  This is the place to post an article to be edited.  It will be reviewed by several project editors where they will make suggestions and also other ork members and 40konline members will comment and add suggestive criticism.  After the article is edited then you can submit it into the article section where it will be reviewed by a project editor.  It might also be a good thing to drop OD a pm as I know he is an active project editor and quite good at it too.   

As far as a painting article goes.. I did do a speed painting article.  You could do a speed painting article or an add on like a 2nd part.  I don't mind. 

Sorry I was out of town a few days so I am playing a bit of catch up.   :P
« Last Edit: April 3, 2011, 10:52:47 PM by angel of death 007 »