News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Show off your Local Gaming Store.  (Read 886 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Show off your Local Gaming Store.
« on: January 10, 2018, 10:50:23 PM »
I think it'd be fun to show off the places we play games, and see where we game all over this planet. 

I'll start :-)

My local gaming store has created a 'who we are' video for their website, it's a boardgame cafe/ barbershop, in Gravenhurst, Ontario. 

TEA BEARDS - YouTube
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
Re: Show off your Local Gaming Store.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 11:05:42 PM »
Excellent stuff. I play at home mostly these days and those past and you're not getting pictures of my war cave. How about the rest of you? Doesn't have to mean videos and the like but just where are you from and where do you play? Show us your terrain, your filthy opponents. Showcase your local store and throw them a mention. Do they have a website (amphetamine parrot, I hope so), social media links? Flop them out and let us judge them.

However, please don't post links to your own youtube/twitch channels. Stores/locations only please as we're a polite society in these parts.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: Show off your Local Gaming Store.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 11:37:25 PM »
Phoenix Games and Hobbies is where I play on a weekly basis.

Facebook plug:  http://www.facebook.com/PhoenixGamesandHobbies/

I've been going there since 2000 when it was under a different name and management.  A couple of years ago they moved to their current location, and it has been a huge improvement!  Great gaming area that isn't secluded from the rest of the store like their previous location.  It is a place that is dedicated to all sorts of gaming!  Magic has a huge following, and the wargamers are consistent and top notch with some serious credentials to their names.

But enough of my ramblings.  You want to see the place!

The first picture is the usual set up for the gaming area.  Three 6x4 tables set up, but can easily be expanded out to 5.  The cupboards beneath the tables and along the back wall in the second picture are actually lockers that can be rented for storage so you don't have to lug your stuff home after your game. 

With the card tables in the first picture, as well as a folding table, the store can expand to accomodate up to 10 6x4 tables, I believe.  The second picture was a tournament where he had 8 tables set up, one of which is in the retail space in front.

Oh, and the best part?  It is literally right next door to a pizza place where you can get two slices and a pop for $5!  I think their sales increased when the gaming store moved in lol
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 11:43:40 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...