News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: "Unaugmented strength" Two different codices - a couple discrepencies  (Read 1097 times)

Offline hexotic

I have two codices, a friend gave me one a long time ago and this second one came with an army lot of necron I purchased.

Now in Codex #1 it says that necron that are teleported through the power matrix to a monolith's door are treated as disembarking from a stationary vehicle even if the monolith has moved. Codex #2 does not say this. Codex #2 does, however, say that armour penetration rolls are done using unaugmented strength and only 1d6. Whereas codex #1 does not say this.

Now the necron faq I've read does not actually have any errata on this so is there anything official that can clear this up? We play raw so it has to be something official for the guys to accept it.
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel."
-Homer Simspon

Offline Jerseyboy381

• The Jersey General
Re: "Unaugmented strength" Two different codices - a couple discrepencies
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 11:12:05 AM »
Which codex is newer?  The one printed most recently is right.  The other is wrong.  Old rules don't exist as soon as new rules replace them and that goes for a codex, too.  There is a second printing, which is the one I have and got middle of last year from GW, so that's the most recent one.  It says "Second Printing" toward the bottom of the first page.  That's the real one...the other is obsolete.
Everyone else is doing it so...Behold the great General's gaming blog!
Armies: ULTRAmarines!, Necron, Vampire Counts, Pure Nurgle CSM.
Work-in-progress armies:Tau, Orks, Empire.

Offline hexotic

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 11:25:25 AM »
I'll check when I get home. I did not see anything with 'second print' on it, also I checked to see if any of the dates were different but they were all identical.

Thanks.
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel."
-Homer Simspon

Offline argos5

• Stuff
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 12:14:33 PM »
Go with codex #2. Since that's the ruling we're using for melta dmg versus the monolith.

Offline BearBitesHurt

• Insolent: Forum Blockhead
  • Careful: I might talk to you like you're an adult
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 12:28:22 PM »
Don't forget the FAQ on the GW site.  It answers pretty much any questions that come up.